RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Eric

This is one of the tracks where we need to make sure that everyone pre signals their pit. It's a fast entry just off the "downhill corner" and followers may be tempted to pass on the inside when they see the pitting car not quite as quick as they steady themselves to turn in to pit lane. It's a recipe for disaster.

People need to be aware of who's around them so that they can signal pit in if neccessary. We're having it as compulsory in the ATCC so we should make sure that it's compulsory in these warm up events too.

its not actually comulsory but it is accepted as the only chat you can use in a race.

YOu won;t get passed on the inside unless you just totaly screw up through the diving turn as you HAVE to hug the curbing all the way around or you'll flat out MISS pit lane.........

Wasn't planning on racing at all this week, but Indy is one of my favourite tracks so couldn't say no :D

Practise - P2

My only time to test here at all, had a set-up from a previous event which stood me well, managed P2 behind Aristide.

Qually - P1

Was a bit of a shock for me, as it seemed quite an average lap, didn't hit all the apexes I wanted to, but it was good enough for pole with Peter just behind

Race One - P1
Got an ok start but the BMW's of Aristide and Peter blew me away, was in P3 into turn 1 went a kamikaze car came flying down the inside and hit the two Beemer's, handing me the lead. I tried to shake off the pack but Karl stuck in my mirrors and got very close in the slipstream down the straights, I thought he was going to make a move. Luckily, he dropped off and I could pull away, after that - it was a pretty uneventful race apart from a pitstop and a scary moment running wide at Turn 1 but held a 6 second lead to the flag.

Race Two - P1

Got a good start and was up to 6th by the 1st turn, but after Reggie and Karl collided (I think) in front of me, I could jump to 4th. I just had Tom, Aristide and James in front of me. Tom was holding the two guys behind him up quite a lot, so I could catch and pass them, and then Tom and Aristide collided, leaving a big gap between James and me and the rest of the field. James did a great job in that Lada had had good corner speed, but his Russian pocket rocket was no match for the TDi power so I could easily get by him into Turn One. I could pull away from the field then and once again had a pretty dull race to the flag, winning by around 8 seconds this time.
Was a great event, would of liked some closer battles but I suppose if there wasn't a collision in Turn 1 of Race One, it could of been a different story. Thanks to Bjorn, RD and all who I battled yesterday :D

I also think everyone should do a preset saying that they are now at full throttle if they are starting on pole, because not everyone will be capable of seeing if the leader is at the point or not. Just to avoid accidents where people have not realised that the race has started.

The way I do it, I just go when the cars in front of me go. I mean, it's not too hard to predict when that's going to happen because you should hear the rumble of engines going to max revs streaming through the field.

Yuri set pole with the Honda last season, and it has not changed at all for the ATCC mod. I personally expect to see pole lower then 37.7 because everyone has gotten so much faster IMHO.

I am intersted to try a few of the cars here and see what I can squeeze out of them all.

Keith

Qually: 2nd ,
normally i do practise a day before the event to get the "feel" and a reasable setup...not this time.
Still very happy with front row,did not expect that.

Race 1: great start,immediatly took the lead,but with very little practise and the fact that Brands isnt one of my favorite tracks,
ment that i made a lot of unforced errors.
That, plus the fact that the game,for whatever reasons, wasn't running as smooth as normally, ment i was quickly back in 6th or 7th spot.
Then came up behind a ferrari in turn 1 who was struggling over the outside curbs and just as i was going for the inside line he gegan to spin,i tried to avoid him but my rear end went to much sideways and i ended my race in the tyres on the rightside of the track :frown:.

Race 2 : Had to start from p last(21 i think), again had a good start but my progress was cut short because the gap i saw was quickly filled by other drivers,took it slow and carefull through the first few corners,got caught in the smoke filled carnige in t3,braked but still made contact with someone(not that hard but still a bump,sorry for that).
After that i tried to find a rythem but the game was even more stuttering and sort of lagging than in race 1(very diffecult trying to find your brake points and entering a corner and apex).
Struggeld allong to finish in 7th place.

One question....

I had a game freeze on the straight towards Hawthorn Hill and Bend. I'm sure Simon G also had a freeze on the same section... Did anyone else get a freeze (esp along that straight)? I remember having this happen before on Brands on the same section on 2007 and 2008 version.

I also find BH06/07/08 the laggiest track in the game!

Well as you can read above i also had some problems,witch on other tracks i dont have,didnt really had them in qually,resulting in p2, but in the race and especially in race 2 in was sometimes a guessing game when to brake and turn in.

Well, a really crappy setup, car felt like a brickstone. Ross TDI was simply flying, I knew I have no chance, thankfully it was up front sparing me from hopeless blocking...

Race 1, suspension damage from 1st lap because of the kamikadze driver.
Had few guys behind me, but I kept my pace. Reggie Blain kept closing the gap to 3 tenths of a second in final lap, but I was relaxed and no mistakes by my side. Very satisfied with the last position of the podium.

Second race, my appologies to Mark Guy. Tom Blackett in his BMW was holding me up. It was a fair fight with the two of us side by side.
In the last corner leading to the straight, I lost the momentun and trying to block Mark was a bad idea, with his front bumper already in line with my rear bumper. I've spun... my bad.

This ought to be good for me in my Alfa (still testing, but I'm not racing an event in a unknown car to me).

I'm doing low 1:41s with a basic setup I made for Watkins GP. Different gearing, and bobs your uncle, and this is only after a few laps. Yeah it's rubbish compared to others, but I'll get a decent low 1:40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back