RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Excellent fun tonight - I thought I was quite fast around here but you guys just blow me away. Come to think of it, that seems to happen to me every time I race.
Again, so sorry Michael.... you were having a good fight 'till I tried to join in.....
Pretty good turn out tonight in the end. Great to see Bjorn on track again, many thanks to him and RD for another crazy night in the Radicals.

Yup, I got in but never really got the car right, just couldn't trust it. How's that for an excuse? It also took me a while to remember the track but I could seldom place the car where I really wanted it.

Quaili: Yup I did that too!

R1: I got out of sorts in T1 and lost ground. I thought I tapped someone and waited but I can't remember seeing it in the replay. Way back and no hope to find the pack. I can't catch Wesley but Marco seems to have a car problem thats giving him greif and eventually he is behind me. I can maintain 9th to the finish!

R2: Better start, maybe this is where I tapped someone, I'll check replay later. Agaion, no speed as I just wasn't prepared for this race. I didn't even download the track until after I signed up[another excuse ;)]. This race I had trouble keeping Marco a safe distance behind but never made a bad enough misteke for him to catch me. Again 9th.

Thanks for the fun guys! Hope to cach more Euro races this winter.

Great racing last night, was quiet on TS as had a mate round and was chatting to him. Really enjoyed the fight with Michael after the stops in race one I had the top speed advantage on the pit straight each lap but he defended well and braked late then was quicker in middle of the lap
In the second race I tapped a SEAT at turn 1 when braking a little too late, not sure who it was but sorry to them. I dropped near the back after that and was just trying to be consistent.
Before the stops Ethan was ahead by 5 seconds, heard he had problems and pushed hard on my inlap. Changed only 2 tyres this time and he was in reaching distance after. Car felt great oversteery but quick, I normally struggle with Smart car amounts of understeer at this track but was able to pass with a few laps and onto the back of Murat. Chased him to the flag but couldn't get close enough to make a move- the Audi not making any ground on the pit straight.
Thanks for the good racing and to RD for hosting.

Yup, I got in but never really got the car right, just couldn't trust it. How's that for an excuse? It also took me a while to remember the track but I could seldom place the car where I really wanted it.

Quaili: Yup I did that too!

R1: I got out of sorts in T1 and lost ground. I thought I tapped someone and waited but I can't remember seeing it in the replay. Way back and no hope to find the pack. I can't catch Wesley but Marco seems to have a car problem thats giving him greif and eventually he is behind me. I can maintain 9th to the finish!

R2: Better start, maybe this is where I tapped someone, I'll check replay later. Agaion, no speed as I just wasn't prepared for this race. I didn't even download the track until after I signed up[another excuse ;)]. This race I had trouble keeping Marco a safe distance behind but never made a bad enough misteke for him to catch me. Again 9th.

Thanks for the fun guys! Hope to cach more Euro races this winter.

..I'm going to sleep with your car in my eyes still :)
I'm slow driver, but always funny drive with you rocket men...

Always love to race the Radicals they are good fun. Short race report

Quali Got pole with a 129.9 so was very happy

Race1 Got a good start and was away tryin to get a bit of a gap on the field and in T1 on lap 2 i run wide onto the grass and managed to save it and only lost 1 position. I was about 2 secs of the leader and was able to reel him in. He run wide in T1 and i put a pass on him, but in T2 he outbraked and hit me side ways and didnt wait, Got goin and was still in P2 but Suspension damage and 4 seconds behind the leader. I got the gap down to under a second but run outa laps and tyres so i finished P2

Race 2 Starting 7th on the grid this time and of we go down to T1 everybody was goin for it. Few people had made mistakes and i gained a couple of positions but the tight chincane at the back of the track on lap 1 there was 2 people had a comin together, i run over the kurbing to try and miss them and spun. Nightmare dead last so i get my head down and i have to say it was the madest race i have been in for a long time. Managed to get P2 again and was right on Karls tail on the last lap.

Thanks every1 for racing and thanks to Bjorn and RD for this event

Guys, i made a serious mistake. There is no 07 Imola so we thake the 08 version.

Yes there is an Imola 2007...

2007_Imola

TrackName = Imola
TrackNameShort = Imola
GrandPrixName = Imola
EventName = IMOLA GP
EventDate= Italy
VenueName = Imola GP
Location = San Marino, Italy
Length = 3.065 mi / 4.933 km
Track Record=
TrackInfo=IMOLA INFO
Category=VARIATIONS

This ought to be good for me in my Alfa (still testing, but I'm not racing an event in a unknown car to me).

I'm doing low 1:41s with a basic setup I made for Watkins GP. Different gearing, and bobs your uncle, and this is only after a few laps. Yeah it's rubbish compared to others, but I'll get a decent low 1:40.

Yeah...

I say that, but nothing I do atm can kill my car's tendency to understeer on exit. And anything I do just makes me slower, FFS what am I doing to be this crap!

Stuck at 1:40.7 I'm almost taking 30 seconds just for the first sector alone

Anyone know whats a good default track to base a setup on for here in the likes of the 308, A4 and leon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back