RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

OK

This is SPA. I just love this track. Maybe there is something special about it or the fact that it was the first track that I took the GT2 Porsche in the GTR mod for F1 200x years ago. Or the fact that this is the bus stop version. I dont know but it gets me all fired up.

Q: I qued at P5 and was happy with that pace. I knew that with my setup I could get some pretty consistent laps in my C6R GT2.

R1: I end up having an off with Mr Nelson behind me at the dreaded off camber right hander T14. Only a slight bump on the front right that didnt seem to affect my top speed.I have a little battle with Nelson for P4 and finish that way. Very happy that I was able to complete the race as last time we visited this track I discoed on LAP 1!!!!!

R2: I grid P5 again!!! Nelson gets a monster start on the right side of me and moves forward. There ends up being 4 of us lined up for p3-p6 I think. Jesper, Nelson, Myself and another driver. It seemed like it was a touring car race with us lined up in the manner we were. I end up getting a great pass for p3 in the group and am serious about holding the position as I start to gap the group. Jesper makes a move on the group as well and starts to close the gap in on me. Nelson even tells me this on TS. " Jepser is coming and he is fast!" I have raced jesper before and find him to be a very clean racer. He makes a great pass on me as I have a slight moment getting on the peddle out of the bus stop. I got a little fired up at myself for the aggressive throttle move in the bus stop. I calm myself down in the next lap and start to watch Jesper go through eau rouge. I figure with the vettes top speed if I lag behind a little and make a really aggressive approach to eau rouge I might be able to make the pass. I try it out one lap and tried to not lift at all through eau rouge. Didnt work as I went wide and didnt keep 2 tires on the track. I back off and wait for my next attempt at eau rouge. I just cant get turn 14 right at all. It just doesn't like me.

I was able to get close to Jepser again (we had been battling for 4 laps at this point) and lifted at eau rouge and might have made my best attempt at that corner to date in a GT-S car. I close in on Jepser with the speed of the vette and make an inside pass for P3. I spend the next 80 laps it felt like with Jepser behind me waiting to pounce if I had any error at all. I was able to hold him off without driving defensively and took p3 for a podium finish at one of the most spectacular venues in all of racing. In the end I was wet from sweat. My arms were tired. I think I woke up the people that live next door yelling in happiness. What a race Jesper. Hats off!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back