Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

ok, I ran 6 laps in each car following the same setup basics and all same conditions.

Aston GTE: was a dream out the gates with only a few small tweaks (had a setup already from season 1 @ sakitto though). Best lap with 80L was 1:43.1 and I think she'd do 42's low fuel.

Vette GTE: again, handled very nicely right out of the gates and you can tell these GTE cars are good for consistency in handling. Best lap with 80L was a 1:43.2 with definite room for improvement.

Cadillac: I tried what I could but this thing wouldn't cooperate with me around here. I think with serious tuning it would be a much better time but my best with 80L was 1:43.9.

Ginetta: Very strange to drive out of the box and again I feel it would get a better time with more time tuning, best lap with 80L was 1:43.8.

I was surprised with the times around Sakitto, but I can see it being a track more suited to GTE's with its twisty bends and uneven surface. The caddy felt the fastest but didn't produce the times to back that up. I initially expected the caddy at least to be faster than the GTEs but they were so comfortable around this track and lapped 43's with ease. The GT3's were very unhappy with the track surface but I feel like the gap would close with more dedicated tuning.

I loved both the Aston and Vette and I think they would be incredibly close in their own class. Mixed feelings on the other two still. I know I won't be picking one that's for sure! The caddy is very much almost there though, it could be lethal fast around most tracks when truly dialed. That's why I'm worried about it in GTLM.

I think I'll try on some other tracks.
I figured there would be interest in the caddy but is anyone even wanting to drive the Ginetta gt3 next season? Seemed awfully unpredictable on track...

I think that each car will have its advantages in different arenas. Sakitto is a technical track with some long straights, and it's high altitude compared to some others. I actually found the Ginetta to be the fastest at least in TT with some very aggressive driving . But in a long race, the pace is a bit more conservative and would be tough to push the car every lap. The Aston and Vette felt more comfortable.
I picked Sakitto because of its mix and the pure fact we just got done running there so I knew what to expect of the track. We can test the cars again at Zhuhai, (Asian Le Mans)

Just ordered my Ricmotech load cell for my T3PA pro pedals. :thumbsup::sneaky:
Nice.... I couldn't justify spending the same as the entire T3PA Pro pedals for a single load cell for the brake. I'm sure it's better, but I love the conical brake mod despite Ricmotech's little spiel to discredit it.
For about the same price your are in V3 Fanatec Elite with full load cells.
Hope it works out for your spiff.

I've noticed that the races are always setup with ghosts set to yes, meaning a car that spins out and is facing backwards is essentially removed from the track in terms of contact.
Accidents are part of racing, and if the intent is to make things realistic, then we shouldn't allow ghosted vehicles. It's just a silly novice feature that belongs in novice racing.
Thoughts?

Feature race

Q: 5th struggled with understeer
R: 4th

Excellent start but only matched the m3's lol pushed in the first laps as I knew I had a great race car. Tried a move on Liam but didn't work (not the last time I will say that) allowing dean to get alongside me gave him enough room to fit the whole grid next to me yet somehow had contact putting me into the gravel standard I'm told!. Anyway I'm just as bad as him apparently so guess I deserved it :O_o: down to 7th now behind lance who was going well and catching the two m3's ahead so sat behind him unlucky for lance he dropped it at turn 3 so charged after dean caught him within a lap and passed after a mistake and chased after Liam for p4. Caught him on lap 6-7 and what followed has put Liam up there with 3-4 guys I have total trust in when racing. We battled the whole way with only minor contact, I tried the undercut just failing to make it work. Eventually the pressure told and with 1.5 laps to go a slight lock up into t3 allowed me to switch back at t4 and pass at t5 great battle worth a watch below well done to @Adam Morris

Sprint

Q: 4th
R: 2nd

Normal start from p4 passed Benji at t1 then looked ahead and what do you no @LIAMATTHURSO again :mad: luckily he had issues and was easier to pass. Rest of the race was spent chasing Adam and proving my point that I could have challenged in the feature. Happy with the pace and the car really enjoying the season

Last edited:
I hear you on the price. I thought about waiting and getting the V3 pedals, but then you have to get the Basher adapter for the V3 to the Thrustmaster base which will put you in the $360 to $370 range with shipping. I already have the T3PA pro pedals so I figured what the heck. Ran it at Sakito this past Wednesday and I can honestly say that there was a big improvement in my braking. I was able to drive farther into the corners then I was able to with the stock pedal and the comical mod with out locking up the brakes. My braking felt very consistent. The load cell kit was definitely a worthwhile purchase.

Last edited:
Although I am a novice, I agree with you Globe. I also think that the magical reset button should not be allowed, but I guess there is no way to enforce that. I don't even have it mapped on my wheel.

Lol...he should. Because its only highlights...u cant really do a live commentary style with it. Just my opinion
Yeah, i only do it like that because i feel it is a more natural reaction, but i get what you're saying about it being highlights so shouldn't be the same sort of com. If you want to do a script i could give it a go and see how it is received? have a look at last seasons videos, where i do the short highlights of the feature race. Do you mean a com like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 269 18.3%
  • Socks

Votes: 797 54.4%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 75 5.1%
  • Shoes

Votes: 176 12.0%