Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

1: Lime Rock was awesome. The Ford GT's sound like complete doodoo. The Porsche RSR SCREAMS at WOT, but the Corvettes, oh. my. god. They make the ground shake when driving by. Made the GTD class sound like they were running silencers on their exhausts.
Quick clip:
taken from my phone, so not the greatest.
Also, got the Corvette drivers to sign my custom wheel I've been working on (slowly)
attachment.php

Wow so quick lol.
Adam was no need for the dramatic announcement lol. I will have a long think about it while i practice for monza....ive said my peice. U have explained ur stance. Ill have a word with dean...who convinced me to start racing again....my team mate....who i do not want to let down. Catch u guys later

Ben it should be a shock lol.....never give up attitude u said about me in the pre season preview looooool

Its Kool Man Nothing Dramatic About It Just Doing What I Need To As Organizer and Just Making Sure It Was Stated So People Could See Did Same with Nic And Others When They Retire So I Know Ive Told People If That Was The Case But I Hope This Won't Be Case And You Will Be Staying Revises Have Been Made For The Sprint Race Qualifying But Times And Everything Are Still As Stated

Revised Sprint Race Format (1 Lap Shootout)

. From Road America Onwards We Will Be Running A 1 Lap Shootout For The Sprint Races Which Will Work As Follows

.There Will Still Be 5 Minutes Warm Up As Usual For Everyone To Get Setups And Fuel Loads Ready Ect After Which At The Usual Time We Will Skip Into A 5 Minutes Qualifying Session.

. During This Session Each Driver Is Allowed To Complete 1 Timed Lap Only Which Will Set The Grid, If Any Driver For Whatever Reason Completes More Than 1 Lap They Will Be Disqualified From That Event, In The Case Your Outlap Is Counted when Leaving The Pit You Are Allowed To Continue Onto The Next Lap But Your Outlap Time Must Be Shown As Non-Competitive As It Will Be Discounted.

. Just As A Reminder I Had Seen A Couple Drivers Doing Donuts On The Entry And Exits To The Pit Lane During Official Sessions And Also Proceeding To Leave The Pits And Go The Wrong Way With Other Cars To Do Grid Starts, With At Least 2 Who Crossed The Start Line.
Due To Me Not Stating Anything On This Matter I Was Lenient But Just So Everyone Knows This Isn't Acceptable So In The Interest Of Fairness I Will Allow Drivers To Go To The Grid To Practice Starts But You Have To Drive Round To Do So And Retire To Pits As Soon As It's Done Penalties Will Now Be Given For Anyone Seen Doing Otherwise And Thanks.

Reason For This Update Is Due To Requests To Test The Random Grids Fully Worked And After A Few Scenarios It Turns Out That It Does Work Well But For Some Reason The Host More Often Than Not Gets Pole Im Not Sure Why But It Seems To Be The Case Was Like Every 2/4 Races Something Like That So As That Isn't Really Fair This Is My Solution I Hope You All Like The Idea And Thanks For The Cooperation.

Last edited:
What happenens if it does that thing where it times your out lap from the pits? Can you still then do an actual full timed lap

Yes On The Chance That Happens Mate Then You Will Be Allowed To Continue Onto The Next Lap But The Time Set On The Out Lap Will Be Discounted If You Then Failed To Do The Lap After That :) And The Out lap would need to be shown as non competitive.

Well you'd loose a lot of time in s1 but could probs get close in the other two, it happened at Bathurst few times for some reason and I was like 3-4 seconds slower in s1 but other two I was matching my quali times
Yeah Ive Found That Also So As Long As You Show In Sector 1 And 2 That You've Backed Off And Try To Make Sure The Out Lap Time If Counted Isn't Competitive :)

Season 2
Round #9

Sakitto Grand Prix, Japan
50 laps
July 17th, 14:00
Weather, Dry-Heavy Clouds
bss-nogaro-2012-2-hexis-racing-mclaren-gt-mp4-12c-gt3-gr-goire-demoustier-alvaro-parente.jpg
1. GT3-Pro Tom Senchak ,888 Race Engineering, McLaren #2
2. GT3-Pro Søren Christensen, Høj Hastiged Racing, Bentley #88
3. GT3-Pro Michael Watts, Dyno-Might Motorsports, Mercedes AMG #9
4. GT3-Pro Aiden Browe, Staffs Uni Racing, RUF #3
5. GT3-Pro Alex Hinton, Audi Motorsports, Audi #5
6. GT3-Pro Chris Chavana, Dyno-Might Motorsports, Mercedes AMG #29 +1 lap
7. GT3-Am Brian Batiato, Dyno-Might Motorsports, Mercedes AMG #20 +1 lap
8. GT3-Pro Chris Bowman, Daredevil Racing, RUF #72 +2 laps
9. GT3-Pro Railer Cantrell, Dyno-Might Motorsports, Mercedes AMG #4 +3 laps
10.GT3-Pro Ben Wells, Audi Motorsports, Audi R8 LMS #47 DNF (engine)
11.GT3-Am Paul Webster, Spider-Webb Racing, Aston Martin #46 DNF (electrical)
GT3-Pro Sean Fleming, Destiny Motorsports, Aston Martin V12 #108 DNF ( steering box)

Round 9 in the World Endurance Series brought us to Sakitto's beautiful and flowing Grand Prix Circuit. The rumbles of the GT3 cars were very much different than the familiar whine of the F1 cars. But truly this is a great circuit for just about any class to race on. Sakitto offers a technical bit and high speed bit to fit just about any well rounded driver.
This was the first race since Donington, that Michael Watts ( last season's race winner) showed any competitive speed in his Mercedes. Still he wasn't fast enough for Søren Christensen who had pole position, and Tom Senchak who would share the front row. Another good showing in qualifying by Alex Hinton and Aiden Browe would round out the top 5.
As the race started, Senchak's McLaren stumbled a bit and he was eaten up by the pack allowing Watts, Hinton and Browe to get by immediately. They were chasing a very fast Christensen who was setting a very torrid pace until he had a mistake in turn 9 causing him to slam the wall and creating and extra stop to repair damage. This gave the lead to Watts until pit-stops started to take place midway in the race. Christensen had made his way back up to the lead, but still needed to pit. And after a very impressive run recovered from his early crash to finish second. Senchak was able to close the gap on Watts and exit the pits with a 8.5 second delta and would open up that gap as the race wore on. Even with a slight fuel miscalculation he was able to grab his 3rd win of the season. A mistake by Watts' fading Mercedes, yielded 2nd to a hard-charging Christensen, but was able to hold on for a podium. Browe showed good consistent pace through-out the race to challenging for the lead and 2nd place, to finish a very strong 4th. Hinton, who is always fast wasn't satisfied with his Audi's handling all day, but enjoyed a 5th place finish despite very little seat time in the car. Chris Chavana, struggled with the handling of his car all day when something broke in the suspension created a bad vibration for much of the race. Still Chavana, was able to finish 6th and gain some valuable points. Brian Batiato, running a limited schedule this season was able to finish behind teammate Chavana, in 7th place with a fairly strong showing. Chris Bowman, and Railer Cantrell were the last of the cars running at the end finishing 8th and 9th respectively. Both drivers dealt with a myriad of handling issues. Ben Wells, lost an engine just past the half way point. Newcomer, Paul Webster had electrical issues that would cause him to park Aston for the rest for the day. And Sean Flemming lost out of some very valuable points when he had a suspension part break at the start of the race. He was able to make 3 laps, but the car was ultimately undrivable. In the end
Senchak drove a great race and had a great pit strategy, after the pit stops he assumed control of the race and never looked back.
Next week the series moves to Zhuhai International Circuit and the boys will battle it out to see who comes out on top in China.

monza 2.jpg

THIS WEEK
And so here we are; we arrive at the Autodromo Nazionale Monza in Italy for the first Endurance event of the season in the TNGTC, and it is set to be a tough challenge for the drivers and cars. Monza is a regular venue on the Formula One circus, and is also has a regular spot on the Blancpain GT Series calendar. Now, Monza returns to the TNGTC calendar after its Season Two absence.

THE CIRCUIT
The Autodromo Nazionale Monza was opened in 1922, and has been through nine variation changes in its ninety-four year history. The latest variation of the circuit was introduced in 2000, and is 3.6miles long; it is comprised of eleven turns, including the Variante Rettifilo, Curva Grande, Della Roggia chicane, Lesmo, Variante Ascari and Curva Parabolica. There are four major braking zones, and three long straights.

monza.png

• 11 Turns (7 right, 4 left)
  • 3.600 miles (5.793km)
  • Absolute Lap Record: 1:21.046 (Rubens Barrichello, F1, 2004)

PRESS CONFERENCE
Q:
Which car manufacturer will win at this circuit?
Q: Does your car suit this circuit?
Q: What is your favourite corner on this circuit?
Q: What is the top speed of your car here?

PRESS CONFERENCE
Q:
A: Most probably Aston Martin.
A: Not particularly.
A: Probably Ascari or Rettifilo.
A: Anywhere between 175 and 180mph with a tow.

PRESS CONFERENCE

Q:
Seems very close the cars are evenly matched hoping Aston Martin

Not yet lol hopefully by Thursday it will

Parabolica

???? Same as m3 I guess

Q: Which car manufacturer will win at this circuit?
I have no idea

It's good for my driving style but i don't know how much my car and set up suits

Variante della roggia

Low. Propably too low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 271 18.3%
  • Socks

Votes: 807 54.6%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 75 5.1%
  • Shoes