Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Race #10 World Endurance Challenge
Zhuhai International Circuit, China 60 laps
July 27th 8pm EST (7:30pm)
You Must Confirm your Participation in this Race (1) Hour before Lobby Starts
to Receive and Invite for this Race.
1418791632.jpg

Private Lobby starts at: Approx 7:30 pm EST
Comms: Party Chat
Practice: (2) 30 Min Sessions* (Room starts at 7:30pm EST)
Qualifying: 20 mins
Warmup: 5 mins
Laps: 60 laps Approx 90 mins
Start: Rolling

Weather: Clear, Light Cloud, Clear, Clear; progression x2.

Local Race Time: July 24th 2016 14:00
Assists: Real Assists

Force Manual: Yes
View: Forced Interior
Damage: Performance Impacting
Mechanical Breakdowns: On
Tire wear: Real
Fuel usage: Real
Penalties & Flags: On
Race Time will be set for July 24th 1400 Local time with x5 Time Progression. Weather (x2 progression) will be corresponding to location and time. 1400-2000

Driver Entry List
1. GT3-Pro Michael Watts / Michaei Watts / Dyno-Might Motorsports, Mercedes AMG #9
2. GT3-Pro Nic Worsfold / EpilepticToast / Daredevil Racing, RUF #21
GT3-Pro Dallas Pataska/ Ranger Phenix / Pataska Racing McLaren #1
GT3-Am Paul Webster / Webbers88 / Full Tilt Motorsport, Aston Martin V12 Vantage #46
5. GT3-Pro Søren Christensen / sochri1337 / Høj Hastiged Racing, Bentley #88
6. GT3-Pro Sean Fleming / Prometheus360 / Destiny Motorsports, Aston Martin V12 #108
GT3-Am Christopher Hunt / Chunt04 / Audi Motorsports, Audi R8 LMS Ultra #24
GT3-Am George Grundon / ILLEST x GEORGE / G and D Motorsports, RUF #86
. GT3-Pro Aiden Browe / Aidtheace / Staffs Uni Racing, RUF #3
GT3-Am Jarrett Lee / HateW0rldW1de / Audi Motorsports, Audi R8 LMS #74
GT3-Am Mark Bean / MSKBeans / mBean Motorsports, Bentley #08 (Tentative)
12.GT3-Pro Alex Hinton / tha Sup3rN0va / Audi Motorsports, Audi #5
GT3-Am Chris Jones / Asleepsteak / CJ Racing, Corvette C7R #3
GT3-Pro Tom Senchak / the Dalai toma / 888 Race Engineering, McLaren #2
GT3-Pro Chris Chavana / Docholiday600 / Dyno-Might Motorsports, Mercedes AMG #29
16.GT3-Pro Ben Wells / Zarf Pz / Audi Motorsports, Audi R8 LMS #47

Reserve Drivers:

***GT3-Am Robert De Niro / RAG1NG BULL 666 / RB Motorsports McLaren #12

*** Not Confirmed yet.
ZIC_Zhuhai_International_Circuit_Large_Full_Circuit.jpg

Last edited:
haven't thought about it much since the feature came out. Doesn't bother me but it is more realistic without it for sure. I have seen in it become useful for heavy lag though, when someone is shooting back and forth or side to side it sometimes ghosts them which is good. Not a big deal in our league though so yeah, lets turn it off. Enough votes to agree with the move

Season 2
Round #8

Road America, United States
41 Laps
June 19th 14:00
Weather, Dry Light Cloud.​
McLaren-MP4-12C-GT3-Spa-21.jpg

1. GT3-Pro Matthew Spurrell, 888 Race Engineering, McLaren #60
2. GT3-Pro Søren Christensen, Høj Hastiged Racing, Bentley #88
3. GT3-Pro Tom Senchak, 888 Race Engineering, McLaren #2
4. GT3-Pro Alex Hinton, Audi Motorsports, Audi #05
5. GT3-Pro Nic Worsfold, Daredevil Racing, RUF #21
6. GT3-Pro Chris Chavana, Dyno-Might Motorsports, Mercedes AMG #29
7. GT3-Pro Sean Fleming, Destiny Motorsports, Aston Martin V12 #108
8. GT3-Pro Michael Watts, Dyno-Might Motorsports, Mercedes AMG #9
9. GT3-Am Robert De Niro, RB Motorsports McLaren #60
10.GT3-Am Mark Bean, mBean Motorsports, Bentley #08
11.GT3-Pro Ben Wells, Audi Motorsports, Audi R8 LMS #47
12.GT3-Am Christopher Hunt, Audi Motorsports, Audi R8 LMS Ultra #24
13.GT3-Pro Chris Bowman, Daredevil Racing, RUF #72

Round 8 of the World Endurance Challenge brings us back to the States for one of the most well know road courses in North America. Steeped in History the Road America Circuit has been hosting races for all major series since its inception. It always provides great racing and is a true show of speed and power. Only miles from Elkhart Lake this race always draws a crowd to Wisconsin and a good size field. 14 Drivers were entered and 13 ran this race. Right off the bat, Railer Cantrell had issues getting his Mercedes ready and through Tech Inspection before the Race putting him out of this one.
Qualifying saw Søren Christensen, putting his Bentley out in front with a blazing lap and earning him the pole bonus. But at the start of the race it was Matthew Spurrell who took the lead early and led the field through the first few turns before leaving them in his dust. In the early laps there were a few challenges for position while the tires were fresh. Ben Wells, who qualified well, had an early spin in the carousel and wasn't really able to rebound and settled in for long day. Tom Senchak drove a good consistent race but wasn't able to take advantage of the speed of the McLaren to get by Christensen who be the only car to challenge the leader. Spurrell just drove a brilliant race and didn't make any mistakes, even with Christensen driving some very fast laps in the race, his car would go away from him after the tires started giving up. Alex Hinton had a good drive in his Audi and able to take advantage of a good start to finish in 4th place. Nic Worsfold, who's dominating the Support Series for WEC was only able to muster a 5th place, but was happy with his over-all pace at the track. There was a amazing race between Chris Chavana and Sean Flemming with them trading positions multiple times during the race. Chavana would finish 6th ahead of Flemming who was unhappy with unforced errors made in the race. Michael Watts, who qualified 11th, made up a few spots during the race. Watts, at one time was in front of Flemming before pitting only to settle for 8th place which has become a consistent finishing position for the driver. Robert De Niro and Mark Bean fought hard in the last half of the race to finish 9th and 10th respectively in their debut for the World Endurance Challenge. De Niro had good pace but had a few off's in the race and wasn't able to close in on Watts for 8th.
Wells, usually fast at every track, never really made an impact on the race after his lap 2 spin, relegating him to 11th place two laps down. Chris Hunt and Chris Bowman fought it out near the back of the back, 12th and 13th respectively, after stuggling with handling issues early in the race. Hunt showed speed early qualifying 9th despite being fairly new to the series and lacking the seat time of some of the more experience drivers. Next race will be set in the Far East as the drivers will attempt to tackle Sakitto's challenging course based in Japan.

It's nurburgring GP 6 hours WEC tomorrow, I was thinking about running a fun mock prototype/GT WEC style lmp1/2, GTE multiclass race there tonight around 9. Would anyone want to do that?
it would be any lmp1 lmp2 GTE or GT3 (just for diversity). No points, 60 mins as a quicker simulation of tomorrow's race. I'll only do it if enough are interested I think, I'll send an xbox message out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 271 18.3%
  • Socks

Votes: 807 54.6%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 75 5.1%
  • Shoes

Votes: 176 11.9%