Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I'm currently running over 10 seconds off the pace around here (4:01's), and was also way off the pace at Laguna. I seem to have very little confidence in the car without any assists. Do you guys have any advice on where to start improving? My limited experience with GT cars was always with 'Real' assists.

I've tweaked FFB to add some SOP, which has given me more of a feel on what the rear is doing, but I feel like unless I take corners ultra conservative, I just lose the back end... this is worse in the slower corners, particularly any time I go to 1st gear. I feel like I'm losing a solid 0.5 secs on every corner at the moment.

Setup wise, I've tried a few settings that might help with stability, but nothing is relating to time on the track (probably suggesting it's my driving!). For starters, are there any settings changes that I should be making for pretty much all tracks from the default? I'm in the BMW Z4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

EDIT: Also, where do you guys tend to have general chat?

Last edited:
I'm currently running over 10 seconds off the pace around here (4:01's), and was also way off the pace at Laguna. I seem to have very little confidence in the car without any assists. Do you guys have any advice on where to start improving? My limited experience with GT cars was always with 'Real' assists.

I've tweaked FFB to add some SOP, which has given me more of a feel on what the rear is doing, but I feel like unless I take corners ultra conservative, I just lose the back end... this is worse in the slower corners, particularly any time I go to 1st gear. I feel like I'm losing a solid 0.5 secs on every corner at the moment.

Setup wise, I've tried a few settings that might help with stability, but nothing is relating to time on the track (probably suggesting it's my driving!). For starters, are there any settings changes that I should be making for pretty much all tracks from the default? I'm in the BMW Z4.

Change your car z4 is dog slow

Would recommend M3 Aston ruf

Hello Dude As Ben Suggests We Would Strongly Advise You Dont take The Z4 As Its Not The Best Car Performance Wise May I Suggest You Try The M3 Or The Aston V12 And We Are Always Online In A Party Thats Where We Talk The Most So If U Wanted To Join Us Id Be More Than Happy To Guide You Threw The Setup And Work To Find The Time From The Setup :)

Hello Dude As Ben Suggests We Would Strongly Advise You Dont take The Z4 As Its Not The Best Car Performance Wise May I Suggest You Try The M3 Or The Aston V12 And We Are Always Online In A Party Thats Where We Talk The Most So If U Wanted To Join Us Id Be More Than Happy To Guide You Threw The Setup And Work To Find The Time From The Setup :)

Thanks for pointers guys. I'll be watching the football tonight, but might get on for a bit afterwards. I'll give the 2 cars a drive and settle on one that I like.

I have a full headset somewhere in the loft that I'll dig out - stupid question though, how do you chat in a party with a wheel? Do you need to have a controller connected at the same time with the mic input going into that? :confused:

Thanks for pointers guys. I'll be watching the football tonight, but might get on for a bit afterwards. I'll give the 2 cars a drive and settle on one that I like.

I have a full headset somewhere in the loft that I'll dig out - stupid question though, how do you chat in a party with a wheel? Do you need to have a controller connected at the same time with the mic input going into that? :confused:

Yup, we usually have a controller on at the same time as we race.

Q- What are your feelings towards Le Mans? The track and also this event?

My first endurance, as I didn't make it last year, so I'm excited. I've loved De La Sarthe on every other game I've played.

Q- How do you approach the setup?
Straights or corners etc?

Corners, cause once you have your gearbox sorted it's not too much an issue.

Q- Do you have a favourite moment of the season? If so, care to share?

Between Sakitto & Imola. Sakitto cause it was the feature win I wanted, and Imola cause it was a grand slam in incredibly hard conditions where just staying in track was near impossible. Can't decide

Q- Who is your driver of the season?

Before he quit, @Dominic Ollivierre , but you can't look past the champion @Ben Milden

I can spend a couple hours helping Wednesday night. Main thing is patience you will get there but Rome wasn't built in a day.

I'm in McLaren for me

If there's a spot open. Can race. Car ? Ruf or caddy.
Will do some testing in other GT, see what my limited skill throws up. Yes 18 wheeler with stabilisers only option. Mack rig would work. Lol
If you guys want to run as one off's that's fine. I think we have one more "Full time" slot in our Registered Drivers or you can just run this race for fun.

Available McLarens: #12 MP-4C
Caddy's: Any #
RUF: 21, 72, 3 are all taken.

Press Conference:
Q- What are your feelings towards Le Mans? The track and also this event?

Love the track, love the speed, love the endurance side, but hate the Mercedes sailing past :unsure:

Q- How do you approach the setup? Straights or corners etc?

Straights :p
Fastest Bentley on a straight :cool:

Q- Do you have a favourite moment of the season? If so, care to share?

Nurburgring Feature and Silverstone Sprint
PODIUM!!!!!!

Q- Who is your driver of the season and why? You can say yourself;)

Tom

He beat me at Watkins and somehow beat me in the Laguna Sprint, even when he retired before me. The cheat :cautious:

Sounds good Globe, I was going to use Clear, Med Cloud, Clear and Clear. But I think the Haze would be in order considering air quality.
Again I should be pretty slow here, so I guess I'll just be taking in the sights at the back of the pack. :sick:

Perhaps you want to chat with Doc on a tune for the AMG. I can't catch him there (mock race), he's putting down high 2:06's with just a base tune.
I read your thread on the suspicion that the AMG is suffering from rear end tire slippage and is unstable. With the right setup on springs and rebounds it's very fast and in my limited experience pretty stable. I don't have a lot of experience behind the wheel of the SLS or AMG , but with a poor setup they both rotate very easily on throttle lift off. I think it's a tuning thing, I still prefer the AMG with the right setup.
Would be interesting to see the VR Hive info with various setups.
Just some ideas Mike. I'm sure you can get it working for you. Happy to do some practice together to see if we can get it more in line with your driving style, would give me some more seat time behind that car too.
Cheers.

I will be getting scorpio after the mad rush is over for the new console.

I don't think you will see much of a price drop until they announce the next console after Scorpio. You probably saw that the new Xbox One S is going to be the same price as the current Xbox One - at least if you want the same size HDD. They are only dropping the price of the existing Xbox one by $20 ($279) to offload inventory before the new console comes out, if that gives you any indication of just how low margins are on hardware.
You have to remember that the original launch price of the XB1 was $499, but that included Kinect.
As you've probably gathered, the life cycle for consoles will be 3 years, and they have always priced hardware aggressively (there's very little margin) to increase market share. Remember, they are a software company and that's where the $'s are. The device is just to get you hooked on their stuff.

this just a couple of tire slip graphs I've taken in comparison of the two cars at Road America. But it's like this at all the tracks we've been at. Quite frustrating as I've tried multiple configurations of the fast dampers and slow dampers to counter this result and none really seem to make a difference.

Besides that, Doc has been able to overcome the short-comings of the car by sheer driving talent. I'm not in that same class and I probably should have just stayed away from the car and been like everyone else just gone with something comfortable instead of a challenge.

Attachments

• AMG Tire Slip Qually.jpg
    AMG Tire Slip Qually.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 133
  • sls208624 tire slip.jpg
    sls208624 tire slip.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
this just a couple of tire slip graphs I've taken in comparison of the two cars at Road America. But it's like this at all the tracks we've been at. Quite frustrating as I've tried multiple configurations of the fast dampers and slow dampers to counter this result and none really seem to make a difference.

Besides that, Doc has been able to overcome the short-comings of the car by sheer driving talent. I'm not in that same class and I probably should have just stayed away from the car and been like everyone else just gone with something comfortable instead of a challenge.

Respectfully, I left the McLaren (and a team with two of the fastest guys) specifically to challenge myself. The Aston is no easy car to drive, similar front engine, RWD style as the Benz. It's taken work and a huge shift in my driving style to make it work, and clearly I've still got work to do based on standings.
Sorry you feel you can't get the car to work for you, it's challenging but in my opinion worthwhile.
There's always guys who are just faster, I've had to practice my butt off to even be relevant.
Open to practice with you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 174 16.6%
  • Socks

Votes: 569 54.3%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 46 4.4%
  • Shoes