Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

**WARNING: SPOILERS**
yeah i watched the whole thing. and the Ford was running within .5 seconds of their fastest quali time. Collusion by them and the ACO to have that nostalgic win. Its blatantly obvious to me.
They finish on the podium at Spa, and receive a 20kg weight reduction. They obviously sandbag during the test day and recieve another 5kg break.
They completely dominate the quali, running a best time of 3:51.1xx. Where as Chevy, who topped test day with a 3:55.1 gets penalized with a smaller restrictor.
ACO realizes they made it too obvious they want Ford/Ferrari to battle for the win like they did 50 year ago, and make an unprecedented BoP change on Friday just to keep up appearances. Add 10kg to Ford and reduce boost, all knowing full well Ford was still not showing true pace.
Chevy runs dead last in qual. with a 3:55.8. So they lost 7 tenth with the restrictor.

and then, to solidify the desire for Ford to grab all the headlines, the ACO tries to peg the Risi car with a stop-go penalty, with 30 minutes left, for one leader light being out, when there were multiple cars driving DURING THE NIGHT with the same issue, AND with un-illuminated numbers and were told just to fix them at next pit-stop.
The penalty would have given the Ford the podium sweep. Risi said **** you to the ACO, finished second, had it stripped after the ceremony and then filed a appeal/complaint.

Other teams also file protests stating that Ford violated the 7% rule (still need to look it up for exact details).
Very obvious to me that ACO/FIA wanted Ford to win, and tried to cover their **** when they made it too obvious with the BoP Farce.

Just saw this while typing my rant: http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/gte-pro-race-winning-ford-gt-penalized-post-race/
Penalties assesed, results remain the same, but with Risi included at P2.
That ass-hat Chip Ganassi desperately wanted his Ford 1-2-3 and when he noticed the ACO wasn't going to give it to him like promised, he lodged a protest in the final hour of the race for the Ferrari's "faulty" lights (that have no performance impact at all).
So rather than have the best cars race to the finish like a dignified person, he stooped down to the very bottom step to try to muscle his podium sweep.
Lost all respect for the entire Ganassi/Ford team after this who farce, and the ACO/FIA for going along with it. I knew F1 had politics, but this is ridiculous.

RACE RESULTS AND POINTS AFTER LAGUNA SECA

FEATURE RACE

IMG_3828.PNG

SPRINT RACE

IMG_3830.PNG

tngtclagunaseca.png

Le Mans 2hr

LeMans06-Notte899.jpg

Race Details
Event Date: 23rd June 2016

Race Start Time: 3pm
Time Progression: x10
Laps: Timed 2hours

Welcome to the final event of an exiting season 2. And what a way to end it! We have a 2 hour race at Le Mans, a track known for delivering the cruellest of blows to teams and drivers alike. The event includes a full day night cycle and also random (so wet ;)) weather. Firstly a massive congratulations to the Out of Control boys @Ben Milden and @Adel Elsayed for securing the team's championship and also to @Ben Milden for winning the driver's title. The silverware may be decided but that doesn't take anything away from what is a very challenging and special endurance event. I'm sure every driver would love to take the win after 2 hours around the self proclaimed home of endurance racing. Drivers will not only have to tackle the difficulties posed by the track itself but also the descending darkness and weather could team up to end many a driver's hopes of taking a famous victory. The endurance aspect may mix things up a little as this race will be 3 times as long as any race this season, so keep alert guys :coffee::coffee:. That's all I have to say for this event and in turn the season, thanks to everyone for contributing to what has been a thoroughly enjoyable season of racing and as always good luck for both this race and everything afterwards :thumbsup:.

_Le_Mans-2010-06-13t.jpg

This is pretty cool :cool:

Press Conference:
Q- What are your feelings towards Le Mans? The track and also this event?
Q- How do you approach the setup? Straights or corners etc?
Q- Do you have a favourite moment of the season? If so, care to share?
Q- Who is your driver of the season and why? You can say yourself;)

Press Conference:
Love the track but it doesn't love me. I like the endurance aspect but as people may know I don't like wet tracks.

I wait for Adam to make one and then butcher it until I can't brake, probably do the same here.
That race were I didn't come last. Other than that I would have to say Benji's scientific video defending his killing of Andrew.
Q- Who is your driver of the season and why? You can say yourself if you wish ;)

Ben. The table doesn't lie, except the bit were it says I'm 11th :p

Weather says mostly clear. Air quality warning so perhaps a haze session would be appropriate going in to the evening?
If the weather at 2x?
I can't recall the time progression? Normal or 5x?

Edit:
My bad, should have read the entire post. I'm using the usual 4 weather slots, clear, light cloud, clear and hazy which should coincide with evening air quality. Please advise what you will be using Mike. Thanks.

Last edited:
Sounds good Globe, I was going to use Clear, Med Cloud, Clear and Clear. But I think the Haze would be in order considering air quality.
Again I should be pretty slow here, so I guess I'll just be taking in the sights at the back of the pack. :sick:

Not overally motivated but might be fun, track is great and endurance events are interesting to me
Straights are sorted :whistling: so I will concentrate on handling

Moment of the season was Laguna and finishing the feature, best race was probably HOCKENHEIM feature

Q- Who is your driver of the season?

Maybe me for the first half of the season then @Dominic Ollivierre

I quite like the track, need afew more laps to really get the hang of it though. I've never done an endurance race, am a little concerned my back might not make it. :)
Q- How do you approach the setup?
Straights or corners etc?

I typed in "bmw m3 Le mans setup" into google. The car feels good I just need to know the track inside out to be able to compete.

Winning the Sprint Race at Oulton Park, it was really unexpected. I also had a good race at sakitto.

Q- Who is your driver of the season?

Tricky, there are so many good drivers, there's 7 that could win any race imo.
@Ben Milden has had a good season. But I think that if @Dominic Ollivierre had not retired, he would get my vote.

Organizer Update
.In The Next Week Or So Ill be Looking Into A Replacement to at first help me but then hopefully take over my position As Organizer/Driver To Carry On What We Started Here At (TNGTC) and Keep It Running For Many Seasons To Come I Will Remain As Organizer Until Further Notice but Trying To Keep Everyone Happy And Wanting To Race Is Not Easy Ive Done The Best I Can And Will Continue to do So Until i Find A Replacement.

Thanks All Its Been Awesome Have A Nice Race Thursday And Good Luck In The Championship And S3 I May Not Make Last 2 Races :(

Ill help out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 174 16.6%
  • Socks

Votes: 569 54.3%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 46 4.4%
  • Shoes