Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Finished up my testing. Ran 3 laps one warm up and 2 timed laps. The base setup is what I used for all of the cars (LMP2). Ran in opposite order from what I ran yesterday. The RWD P20 ran 3:49.9 and 3:47.8 (probably could have had a 3:46. Got squirrely coming out of the last chicane to the front stretch). The Alpine ran a 3:47.6 and a 3:46.0. The Nissan ran a 3:46.3 and a 3:45.8. (I like the open cockpit).

I did not test the Merek. By the end of the race I would be ready to jabb a screwdriver into each ear because that car sounds god awful.

Although the RWD I think is still the fastest, I am going to run the Oreca Nissan Livery 125 (I like the open cockpit). If by Sunday no one else jumps into the LMP2 class then I will be switching out to the LMP1 class. Hopefully we will have an even field of both .

FRQ - 27.1, Which somehow put me P8, would've expected about P5 with that tbh.

Race - P6. Made an unreal start, was in contention to be in like P4, from P8 on the grid, but the new guy in the Audi had other ideas, absolutely decked me into T1, slamming me big time, but somehow only had about 5-6 tenths of damage, and i've had smaller hits do far more damage. After that it was just cruising, i could see Adel was holding Adam & Gaz up, but i couldn't catch, after i pitted i managed to catch up. Then lap 21 was interesting.... I had a "Unique" incident. My mum came in, & placed an ice cream on my desk (it still had the lid on) but after about 2 laps, due to the heat of my wheel, it melted just enough to slide off my desk, and believe me, having an ice cream beside your foot in a race, pretty distracting.

Sprint Q - 1.26.7

Sprint R - P1. Initially had an awful launch, dropped to P4, dean led, Me, Omari & Rob were 3 wide, a battle which i eventually won, Dean later made a mistake, i took P1, i was flying, setting 26s, then Rob & Dean killed eachother, leaving me feeling quite comfortable. Then on about lap 7, both my Brake & Throttle were only getting about 85-90% inputs, meaning i had no power & could barely brake. Managed to just hold P1.

Overall wasn't my best weekend, but it then dawned on me i've won 4 races, when my objective this season was to win 1. Next season can't come soon enough!

Gotta feel for @Rob McEwan. Although i do also want him checked for performance enhancing drugs.

Here's my turn 1 death in the feature.

Last edited:
Feature

Q: 2nd
R: 2nd

Awful start annoying as I've been good lately dropped a couple positions but got back to p3 out of turn 2 then @Rob McEwan went sight seeing at t3 putting me second. Realised quite quickly I could race @Andrew Holmes. What followed was two guys driving the wheels off there cars for 27 laps literally tried all sorts to get close enough to andrew where I needed to but despite getting alongside a couple times I never seriously challenged for the lead. Top drive by Andrew and definitely his best drive of the season. Must say @Adel Elsayed 3rd was just as heroic with his evil tyre wear p3 was an insane result well done man. Gutted for @Rob McEwan but his day will come again chin up buddy nest season yo

Sprint

Q: umm

R: 3rd

Usual Mercedes sprint race bug no grip for 6 laps then car is back to normal. Couldn't drive in those opening laps and fell back to p10 I think even @Thomas While tried to pass me :O_o::roflmao::whistling: but like I said eventually things settled down and I pulled a nice move on @Adam Morris then Dean and rob collided looked 50/50 and a little silly but he ho. So now p7 I caught the Adel convoy and passed @Benjamin McC we collided as I squeezed him slightly and he bounced off a penis kerb we both went off track but felt I was just ahead at the time of contact so felt I did enough to claim the position. Then @Andrew Holmes @Adel Elsayed @Gareth Williams all went into battle but it seemed me and gaz had the same idea of "this will end in tears" it did and adel plus Andrew flew off at the chicane myself and gaz passing them both. Onto the last lap and got a perfect exit from the last corner op'ed past gazer on the straight then nearly ran off track (gazer thought I had lol) but just kept it along side the Bentley to claim the place, slight contact but normal stuff

Well done @LIAMATTHURSO good win and nice to see @omari watson 1 joining us and nailing p2 :thumbsup:

Championship is nearly done need two points from Laguna to seal the deal thanks @Adel Elsayed for keeping me waiting :)

it may not apply to everyone, but we've had quite a few drivers come and go in this league, which just happens to be filled with "Ringers"..
I think I know the ones you speak of. This league has gotten harder and harder. There are a lot of fast drivers in this league now. It doesn't help that Pcars is all over the place with their car physics models. I can't wait to see what classes will be ran for next season. I do hope LMP1 or 2 is included. The LMP2 cars are closer to the GT3 cars in power, but they will out handle the GT3 cars. Whatever just have to make sure that the car classes are equal in numbers. I will be sending you an Email later Mike.

Last edited:
I've got a setup for that Oreca, Spiff. I tested the LMP2 here at Le Mans I want to say it was a 3:47 with room to improve I only ran about 4 laps.
As far as the LMP1's I've only found two cars that have gotten me sub 3:30. One of those being the RWD. But if Toast is running near 3:23's in the Audi that's going to be hard to beat. The RWD first lap out ran a 3:31.500 but the car is so stable under braking its ridiculous and exits the corner like a bat out of hell. I've only found one other car that matches its performance in lap time but not near as stable. The Toyota looks impressive on paper, but I can't get the results out of it. Then again I've only run maybe a total of 3-4 laps with each car at full fuel.

If you guys are looking for the same car, go check the RS01 cup schedule! Every race in support series so far has been spec in order to make up for the big differences between gt3 cars in the main league. that's what its partly there for. The RS01s continue on for a few more rounds but next Wednesday is multi class le mans tribute in prototypes, join up guys its good testing for next season remember. The more the merrier! check it out (thanks for signing up Matt) http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...e-race-double-class-june-15th-8pm-est.122685/
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...e-race-double-class-june-15th-8pm-est.122685/
and the updated schedule: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wec-support-series-info-inside-with-full-season-schedule-rs-01-variety.117879/ (will continue to be filled in)

I also agree car changes shouldn't be permitted after the green flag of race 1, I simply did it because the option was there and the Bentley was pissing me off long term. We're really not gonna get anywhere very close in gt3 without regulated BOP though tbh, and then some gt3s in this game are on some hyper level of fast when they shouldn't be so its a big problem. Hopefully multi class racing works out great and that will refresh things for everyone. Just wish GTE's were top of the pile like reality though. SMS have some serious tweaking to do haha

Last edited:
Is the set up online? Like I said I was able to get a 3:45 with just some simple changes to it. No major effort really to get it that low. The Nissan is the same way super stable when braking into the turns and hooks up nice when exiting. I haven't even really found all of my braking points yet. My second run in the Nissan was about .2 seconds off my first run down the long straights. I gained about a total of .75 seconds by the time the lap was done. The car likes to be pushed.

We'll be lucky to get anything.. from them. Casey can't even give the specs of the new cars released months ago so Jussi can update the Calculator. Its really quite sad how they've dropped this game off in our laps..it's pretty much As-is.

yeah its online, I even used the calculator to tune the dampers in. I only put a few laps on that setup maybe you can get more out of it. I need to pick a car myself and just start running. It seems like it takes me forever to pick-up time here.

Still a good game if you have good people to race with. They have a work around if you want to do MP online through the game to find more lobbies. If anyone doesn't know set tracks to circuit and more lobbies should pop up.

I hear yeah. I am limited for tuning time. I am working through Tuesday. I wake up at 12:30 and then the wife want to spend time with me. I might be able to squeeze and hr a day to tune then I leave for work at 15:30. I will be off Wednesday so I will probably be on after 12 and tune for a couple of hrs in the afternoon.

I'll check out the set up tomorrow when I get up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 151 16.1%
  • Socks

Votes: 502 53.5%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 42 4.5%
  • Shoes

Votes: 125 13.3%