Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

8th
Thanks @Rob McEwan for the tow in the feature race :thumbsup: my pace increased to being nearly a second a lap faster than what I had been doing.

7th
That was an insane sprint race, 5 cars fighting for 3rd
Adel was slower in the corners, I had to avoid hitting him a couple of times, but as soon as we got onto a straight. Adel was gone
I made a mistake early on in the race and found myself at the back of the train :unsure:
Nearly got Andrew at the end, but half spun on the last lap

I had the pace of the front runners and still get 8th and 7th :roflmao:

8th
Thanks @Rob McEwan for the tow in the feature race :thumbsup: my pace increased to being nearly a second a lap faster than what I had been doing.

7th
That was an insane sprint race, 5 cars fighting for 3rd
Adel was slower in the corners, I had to avoid hitting him a couple of times, but as soon as we got onto a straight. Adel was gone
I made a mistake early on in the race and found myself at the back of the train :unsure:
Nearly got Andrew at the end, but half spun on the last lap

I had the pace of the front runners and still get 8th and 7th :roflmao:
Your time will come

yeah and there will be some better variants out by that point too. Better cooling and some slight factory overclocks as well. Just keep in mind that new cards usually drop around May. I got my 980 Ti two weeks before the 1080 dropped (same price) and was a bit pissed at first, but given my current rig, i won't even max my 980 Ti, and visually i wont notice the increased FPS because I don't have "gaming" monitors.
But I will most likely go with the next next gen GPU (1180 series if nvidia sticks with normal maths) and get some g-sync monitors with low response times, etc.
And build a racing/flight sim combo rig.

Different topic. Who races with gloves and what kind of gloves do you use. I am looking to get a pair of racing gloves, but honestly to spend $50 or even a $100 on glooves, my wife woulf shoot me. I tried a pair of Mechanics gloves that I used for airsoft and found them uncomfortable.
I have a pair (G-Force $40), but I don't wear them.. didn't like wearing them when I was racing a real car, too hot, but now I have an excuse not to wear them as they aren't touch screen compatible. I wear my racing shoes when I have my brake mod installed, which only happens when I'm driving non-ABS.

overall after a year I'm very satisfied with the enjoyment this game has brought me. I always think it'll get stale after the issues but the desire to play just keeps coming back for me. I think SMS have done enough in general for pcars patching, and they should at this point be focused on making the sequel the best racing game by a mile. I'm really hopeful for it and I'm sure it'll make up for all the disappointments we've found in this one. It would however, be nice of them to get Casey or someone to come patch BOP for some of the top popular classes. I have no clue how long this would take but it can't be as much as a bug fix. The fact they will no longer acknowledge this type of thing is a tad annoying but its not the end of the world I suppose. They should just adapt a little next time so the lobby host has MUCH more control over the field's restrictions.

I agree with you. I have found myself playing this then another game or Vice versa. Overall I can honestly say I haven't been plagued to much with a lot of the issues that most have. I haven't really played the single player campaign to much. Most of the time I am practicing for the next race. Just wish this league was on ps4 instead of Xbox. Pcars runs way better on the PS4. Even the ffb feels better with the same settings as the XB1

I'm enjoying the support series right now. Trying some new cars I wouldn't ordinarily drive. Like Spiff said I don't run the career mode if I'm on here it's usually for practice in the next race. But it sucks to run 4 mock races in GT3 and look like an amateur out there as my car helplessly spins. Come Sept 13th I hope to be driving the new NASCAR game. The same people that made Papyrus NASCAR racing are behind the new game.

hit a 3:23.4 today in practice, the Audi can still do better, likely 22's! It holds the least amount of fuel of all lmp1s though so I hope it evens out on consumption rate. Gonna be pitting a lot for sure! as is, fuel and soft tires appear to finish around the same time for the audi but there are different compounds I want to try also. I can't figure out the time progression to go with though, anyone have an idea?

Race #8 World Endurance Challenge
Road America, US 41 laps
June 22nd 8pm EST
You Must Confirm your Participation in this Race (1) Hour before Lobby Starts
to Receive and Invite for this Race.
GT3_roadamerica_practice_MelanieSnow_Speedville.JPG
Public Lobby starts at: Approx 7:30 pm EST (Join at any time)
Comms: Party Chat
Practice: 60 Mins* (Room starts at 7:30pm EST)
Qualifying: 20 mins
Warmup: 5 mins
Laps: 41 laps Approx 90 mins
Start: Rolling
Weather: Clear, Med Cloud, Clear, Hazy Progression x2
Local Race Time: June 19th
2016 14:00
Assists: Real Assists

Force Manual: Yes
View: Forced Interior
Damage: Performance Impacting
Mechanical Breakdowns: On
Tire wear: Real
Fuel usage: Real
Penalties & Flags: On
Race Time will be set for June 19th 1400 Local time with x5 Time Progression. Weather (x2 progression) will be corresponding to location and time. 1400-2000

Driver Entry List:

1. GT3-Pro Matthew Spurrell / Haveblue112 / 888 Race Engineering, McLaren #60
2. GT3-Pro Tom Senchak / the Dalai toma / 888 Race Engineering, McLaren #2
3. GT3-Pro Chris Chavana / Docholiday600 / Dyno-Might Motorsports, Mercedes AMG #29
4. GT3-Pro Michael Watts / Michaei Watts / Dyno-Might Motorsports, Mercedes AMG #9
5. GT3-Pro Railer Cantrell / HRH Racing / Dyno-Might Motorsports, Mercedes AMG #4
6. GT3-Pro Nic Worsfold / EpilepticToast / Daredevil Racing, RUF #21
7. GT3-Pro Chris Bowman / AC Hatemaker / Daredevil Racing, RUF #72
8. GT3-Pro Alex Hinton / tha Sup3rN0va / Audi Motorsports, Audi #5
9. GT3-Pro Ben Wells / Zarf Pz / Audi Motorsports, Audi R8 LMS #47
10.GT3-Pro Sean Fleming / Globespy / Destiny Motorsports, Aston Martin V12 #108
11.GT3-Pro Søren Christensen / sochri1337 / Høj Hastiged Racing, Bentley #88
12.GT3-Am Christopher Hunt / Chunt04 / Audi Motorsports, Audi R8 LMS Ultra #24
13.GT3-Am "Robert De Niro" / RAG1NG BULL 666 / RB Motorsports McLaren ##
GT3-Am Mark Bean / MSKBeans / mBean Motorsports, Bentley #08

roadamericamap1.jpg

Last edited:
HOLMES FINALLY WINS FEATURE RACE
Andrew Holmes has finally won a Feature Race in the TNGTC after this week’s event at the Motopark Oschersleben. Andrew has often expressed his desire to prove that he can still win after struggling to adapt to his new wheel and the BMW M3 GT at the start of Season Two. The reigning champion now sealed the deal with an extremely hard race against his former championship rival, Ben Milden. We talked with Andrew to ask him how it felt:

Q: “So, finally, a Feature Race win, Andrew. Are you now happy with your season?”
A: “Umm, I wouldn’t say that I’m happy with the season, even though I’ve completed my targets for the season. It’s been a hard season for me, not getting anywhere near my expectations so far. But I’m happier now than I was before Thursday.”

Q: “How did the win itself feel, when you crossed the line and flashed your lights?”
A: “Yeah it did feel good. It was more relief than anything else because it’s been a long time coming. It was also a massive buzz because, of all the people in all the cars you don’t want behind you, it’s Ben in an SLS. So yeah it was a very, very hard race, so I pushed 100% for every single lap of that race.”

Q: “Do you think there were any wins this season that got away that you could’ve had?”
A: “Yeah definitely, I mean if you look at Spa, Donington and Sakitto; we had the pace to win at all three of those circuits. At Spa, it was a gutting tyre call that was made a whole six corners before the rain stopped, which left me on the Intermediates in bone dry conditions. So that wasn’t great. In the Sprint Race at Spa, I messed that up with contact with Liam and then hitting the wall at Eau Rouge. At Donington, we got to the grid and I didn’t have full fuel in the car, so I had to get into the lead and try my best to open up a gap so that I could out around 20L of fuel in as well as the tyre stop. The pit stop was my mistake. Sakitto, I couldn’t make the Feature and felt I had the pace to win that, and then went on to win the Sprint so. Yeah.”

I had loads of practice for this track also I didn't have to mess around trying to find a setup I used the setup Andrew gave me for Donington, changing only rear wing and it worked a treat.
Q.1st am pretty sure my lap is legal but if it's not please say so coz I don't want it if it's not fair.
R.7th
I knew I was on the pace and spent a bunch of time practicing with race fuel, but at the start nerves got me, I hesitated off the line but held 1st into the first corner. My rear view mirror wasn't on and didnt know where anyone was, andrew passed me on the inside. I fumbled around for the rear view mirror but by the time I selected it I had missed the braking zone and went off into he sand. I continued to drive like a fool for a lap or 2 and then settled down a bit. Got passed the new guy then lance then pit on lap 12 as I caught benji, trying for the undercut. I managed it.
I spent the 2nd half of the race trying to close down liam and managed it with a few laps from the end, but lost concentration and couldn't do anything about it.
Definatly could have challenged for the win here, bit gutted by my performance, but I didn't expect to be in this position when I joined so am happy enough.

Sprint
Q.3rd got the yips on every lap I think 27.1 was my time.
R.dnf.
Again messed the start a bit but held 2nd into the 1st turn went wide into t2 and had omari and Liam either side of me, got bumped around abit and they both got past. Got past omari when he drifted wide at t3. (He kinda slid as if hit him but I didn't make contact and wasn't sure what to do so continued, sorry omari if you think it was out of order )
I closed up on liam and Dean and stuck with them for the next few laps. Liam got past when dean went wide in the final sector. I kept real close to dean for the neXT few laps waiting for a gap or a mistake. On lap 6 I think liam was starting to make a gap. Dean got on the grass a t2, I didn't want liam to get away so I took the inside and got my nose ahead before the sweeping left, but dean and i made contact and both went off. I took a bunch of damage and retired. I don't think it was my fault and was a bit pissed with Dean but have calmed down and sorted it out between us. I dont have any footage because I switched off before I saved.

Onwards and upwards with any luck :)

Oh and weldone Andrew, it's a relief not to have to read your "why do I even bother" race reports :roflmao:

Last edited:
I had loads of practice for this track also I didn't have to mess around trying to find a setup I used the setup Andrew gave me for Donington, changing only rear wing and it worked a treat.
Q.1st am pretty sure my lap is legal but if it's not please say so coz I don't want it if it's not fair.
R.7th
I knew I was on the pace and spent a bunch of time practicing with race fuel, but at the start nerves got me, I hesitated off the line but held 1st into the first corner. My rear view mirror wasn't on and didnt know where anyone was, andrew passed me on the inside. I fumbled around for the rear view mirror but by the time I selected it I had missed the braking zone and went off into he sand. I continued to drive like a fool for a lap or 2 and then settled down a bit. Got passed the new guy then lance then pit on lap 12 as I caught benji, trying for the undercut. I managed it.
I spent the 2nd half of the race trying to close down liam and managed it with a few laps from the end, but lost concentration and couldn't do anything about it.
Definatly could have challenged for the win here, bit gutted by my performance, but I didn't expect to be in this position when I joined so am happy enough.

Sprint
Q.3rd got the yips on every lap I think 27.1 was my time.
R.dnf.
Again messed the start a bit but held 2nd into the 1st turn went wide into t2 and had omari and Liam either side of me, got bumped around abit and they both got past. Got past omari when he drifted wide at t3. (He kinda slid as if hit him but I didn't make contact and wasn't sure what to do so continued, sorry omari if you think it was out of order )
I closed up on liam and Dean and stuck with them for the next few laps. Liam got past when dean went wide in the final sector. I kept real close to dean for the neXT few laps waiting for a gap or a mistake. On lap 6 I think liam was starting to make a gap. Dean got on the grass a t2, I didn't want liam to get away so I took the inside and got my nose ahead before the sweeping left, but dean and i made contact and both went off. I took a bunch of damage and retired. I don't think it was my fault and was a bit pissed with Dean but have calmed down and sorted it out between us. I dont have any footage because I switched off before I saved.

Onwards and upwards with any luck :)

Oh and weldone Andrew, it's a relief not to have to read your "why do I even bother" race reports :roflmao:
I see your using bonnet cam :sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 153 16.1%
  • Socks

Votes: 508 53.5%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 42 4.4%
  • Shoes