Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

whatever happened to this guy mike? we have lower numbers now
Besides our numbers are not really dwindling yet.
Zarf- asleep
Sleep steak- vacation
CHunt- work
Spiff- work
plus I've found the less competitive someone is in a group the less likely they are going to be to make a race when real life moments occur. It's certainly a lot easier to pass on a race if you have nothing at stake with the points.

Didn't have the result I felt I should have with the pace I had but nevertheless that was an awesome race. #60 mclaren had an electrical issue before the race which was fixed just in time for the race. Unfortunately the team were unable to fill the car up with race fuel which left me 40 seconds behind at the start. Managed to get through the field up into third, had a great clean battle with Toasty, he gave me lots of room, raced hard.

Probably the best performance I felt ive ever put in.

Congrats to Chris, good consistent driving.

Congrats to Christensen, I had a **** race, didn't enjoy it one bit. Had damage in the first stint also had about 4 half spins. Even without the spins I probably only would have been to only pick up one more position. If my performance doesn't improve I may back out of the league for good. I'm starting to feel the same sentiment as Doc, where I was competitive at the beginning of the season but as everyone else has changed cars to better their performance, I've stayed in the same slow piece (Same manufacturer, SLS was replaced by the AMG) of **** and become a back-marker :(. All these car changes wouldn't have happened in a Real Season , but again I guess other people would have quit earlier in the season.

I agree that car changes shouldn't be allowed. (Unless, like in your case, you get newer machinery). Maybe next season we could do a trial (test day) race scenario to give people an opportunity to test out their choice pre season?

It was an epic race, I hate the track and sometimes struggle with consistency there, but happily it all played well together for me in the race. Feel bad for Marksest's team messing up his fuel, it would've been an awesome battle.
I built a good lead in the first half, only to get a better lead because of Aid's slow pitstop. Despite one small oversteer which caused 6% aero damage (which luckily happened only 2 laps or so before the first scheduled pitstop), it was a very consistent run with no mistakes. Hopefully Team Høj Hastigheds Racing will keep up the good work in the future.

Thanks everyone for the race!

Looking forward to Road America as its one of my favorite tracks.

Season 3 will be a multi class and no car changes. But there will be enough time to test in between. If I had, enough time before the season started, and known what I know now there would be a GTLM class just fro the Vette, Ginetta, Caddy, and Aston GTE. Then Tom could have stayed in the Vette. I don't blame Tom for wanting to switch after the first race as that car wasn't really competitive to the rest of the field. I actually switched to the Merc before the season opener with the intention of running the AMG not knowing that it was a turd. In hindsight it was a Risk and probably a bad decision but that is how Real Racing goes, only when a car isn't performing the Team usually can improve it thoughout the season with R&D. Not the case in PCars.

FRQ: P4 - 1:27.7
FR: P1
Somehow got a good start, was missed by the accident behind and managed to get by Rob through two. Pulled about a second when Rob ran wide and gifted P2 to Ben. Pretty easy race from there:roflmao: Constantly defending from Ben until the end! Finally got back to my own speed again.

SRQ: N/A - P11
SR: P6
Good getaway, managed to stay out of trouble through T2 and ended up P8 behind Gaz. Waited behind Gaz and tried a move, but Adam had other ideas and sent my flying into the gravel at T1. Little bit of damage but not much. Managed to get by Gaz and then pass Adel, but a strange incident dropped us back.

Overall I'm really pleased with how this event went. I had the pace for P3 in the sprint, and had an epic battle with Ben in the Feature just like the good old days. After that drive by him there is no one that deserves the title more this season. As for me, I know Laguna Seca will be a Bentley circuit, and Le Mans probably won't suit the car, but I'm pumped for next season again and can't wait to start again at Bathurst. Just hope this time I can be back in the championship hunt again to fight with Ben, Liam, Gaz, Rob and of course the BMW M3 master, Adam.

Last edited:
FRQ: P4 - 1:27.7
FR: P1
Somehow got a good start, was missed by the accident behind and managed to get by Rob through two. Pulled about a second when Rob ran wide and gifted P2 to Ben. Pretty easy race from there:roflmao: Constantly defending from Ben until the end! Finally got back to my own speed again.

SRQ: N/A - P11
SR: P6
Good getaway, managed to stay out of trouble through T2 and ended up P8 behind Gaz. Waited behind Gaz and tried a move, but Adam had other ideas and sent my flying into the gravel at T1. Little bit of damage but not much. Managed to get by Gaz and then pass Adel, but a strange incident dropped us back.

You mean 26.7 FRQ. 27.7 You'd have been starting like P11 lol

Besides our numbers are not really dwindling yet.
Zarf- asleep
Sleep steak- vacation
CHunt- work
Spiff- work
plus I've found the less competitive someone is in a group the less likely they are going to be to make a race when real life moments occur. It's certainly a lot easier to pass on a race if you have nothing at stake with the points.
Not always true. I try to make every race I can. We all know that I am not in contention for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 150 16.0%
  • Socks

Votes: 500 53.5%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 42 4.5%
  • Shoes

Votes: 125 13.4%