Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Nah get rid of the extra tire wear, tires are supposed to last longer than the fuel on these cars.
I might have to race the RWD seeing as how Toast is always 2 seconds faster than me in everything other than GT3, LoL. I'm going to test the Audi and Toyota.

Nah get rid of the extra tire wear, tires are supposed to last longer than the fuel on these cars.
I might have to race the RWD seeing as how Toast is always 2 seconds faster than me in everything other than GT3, LoL. I'm going to test the Audi and Toyota.
you are right about the tires. They triple stint the tires in reality sometimes, the fuel only goes 8 laps in the audi so it'll be a few stops for that anyway. I don't mind if you run the RWD, I'm on a personal mission to get the r18 quattro down to 3:23. The RWD LMP1 can run that pretty easily already.
Mike how do you send that reminder/tag people? I hope to get as many as possible in this to test the mutliclass factor a bit ahead of next season.

Tested all 4 LMP2 cars. Used the same base tune on all cars, ran 1st lap to warm car up and second lap for time :)confused:actually hit all my marks on all the cars for time lap:sneaky:). The Nissan was slowest with a 3:50. The Mareck (Sounds like a vacuum cleaner choking on a sock ) ran a 3:49. The Alpine ran a 3:48 and the RWD ran a 3:47. If you do decide to ban the RWD cars Toast then I would suggest that you do it for both the LMP1's and the LMP2s.

I will let you know which one I will be driving tomorrow. I want to test one more time.

This is going to be interesting. All of the cars are base set with 60l of fuel. They all project about 9.7 laps. All but one of the cars can increase the fuel load but only by a little bit more (did not check). If you could squeeze 12 to 14 laps at say an average of 3:44 you could probably do the race on 3 pits stops depending on what 3X tire wear does to the tires.

If you do happen to get a couple of people to run the Alpine LMP2, I only have one livery for that car so there will be multiple number 38's (or 36's i forgot the number) in the field.

We ran the Nissan in an LMP2 series and it was as fast at the Alpine. They are basically the same cars. The RWD is hands down faster than the other 3 LMP2's. Like I said I haven't tried the RWD in LMP1 but I'll give it go probably tomorrow as tonight is all GT3 Practice/Race. I'd like to run the a "Real" car in LMP1, but I know how fast you can be in those prototypes Toast. But if I'm pacing faster than your 3:23 I would have to agree with your assessment and Ban that one for LMP1. The Merek is a Diesel I believe, thats why it sounds the way it does. I couldn't find any speed in that car for LMP2 compared to the Oreca.

We ran the Nissan in an LMP2 series and it was as fast at the Alpine. They are basically the same cars.
Yeah I figured that they were the same. My base tune I came up with was on the nissan so i am chalking that up to the reason why the nissan was slower. I was already warmed up when I ran the other 3. I am going to test some more tomorrow starting with the RWD first then go from there.

Merek is a Diesel I believe, thats why it sounds the way it does. I couldn't find any speed in that car for LMP2 compared to the Oreca.
That would explain why it sounds the way it does. Felt slow and I don't think I could listen to that for 2hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 147 16.0%
  • Socks

Votes: 493 53.6%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 39 4.2%
  • Shoes

Votes: 124 13.5%