Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Feature
Q: 8th
R: 2nd

One of those days... Thoroughly enjoyed it tho. Good fun driving from behind and fighting to get back in the podium and not being fastest. Big congrats to my starboy teammate @Adam Morris on his 1st feature win. Totally deserved it and earned it, kept pushing him on to make it happen and indeed he did, once it dried out I was able to catch up and make the 1,2 which was fun. Solid day.

Sprint
Q: 8th (dnq)
R: 2nd

Another very enjoyable race. Came to grips with the machine in this race but totally killed the win by spinning in les Combes. Worked way back thru the field and managed to inch closer to the battle for p1. Solid drive by @LIAMATTHURSO you drove relentlessly and earned your 2nd win, tuff luck to @Andrew Holmes, never give up fella, getting closer and closer, there will be winners and losers, your day will come be patient. Managed to pass Liam in final corner but slight boo boo on Liam's part negated my spectacular win but I'm content, it's racing we're brothers in this.

Highlights

No I believe those in the map are pretty close. But yes the lines I put in Red represent where we should restart, so there isn't any confusion. Maybe would be a good idea to print out a copy and tape it close to your wheel like they do in Real Life. I will give the Leader the Ok to Restart at the next Available Restart Location. Again I'm hoping not see any cautions here, but I can imagine someone losing a wheel if they aren't careful.

Season 2,
Round #4
Hockenheimring, DE

Laps 50
May 1st, 2016 13:00
Weather: Dry Clear
McLaren-MP4-12C-GT3-Spa-21.jpg
1. GT3 Pro Matthew Spurrell, McLaren #60, -50 Laps
2. GT3 Pro Søren Christensen, Bentley #7,
3. GT3 Pro Ben Wells,Aston Martin Vantage #55,
4. GT3 Pro Tom Senchak, McLaren #2,
5. GT3 Pro Sean Fleming, McLaren #60,
6. GT3 Pro Nic Worsfold, Bentley #85,
7. GT3 Pro Michael Watts, Mercedes AMG #28,
8. GT3 Pro Eric Cline, Mercedes AMG #15,
9. GT3 Pro Chris Chavana, Mercedes AMG #29,
10.GT3 Pro Chris Bowman, RUF #72,
11.GT3 Pro Joe White, BMW Z4 #53,
12.GTE Am Abe Wozniak, Corvette C7R #64,
13.GT3 Pro Railer Cantrell, Cadillac ATS-V #19, -+3 Laps
14.GTE Am Chris Jones, Corvette #3, -DNF (Accident)

Round 4 begins in the heart of Deutschland. As the series arrives in Germany for a stint at the much acclaimed Hockenheimring, the field was ready to rumble. New faces like Soren Christensen from Denmark set the pace early setting a new record in qualifying and taking the pole quite easily. Matthew Spurrell, who has a commanding lead in the Championship standings looked to extend that lead this weekend, struggled to match his time in Qualifying that he got in practice. His setup would prove to be more useful in the race. Christensen broke up the McLaren domination at the front and looked like it would a great battle.
The start of the race went fairly well as everyone tried to find their pace. Christensen and Tom Senchak set the pace early until a spin by Michael Watts, collected Chris Chavana brought out the first caution. This closed the field up and brought back some more close racing until green flag pit stops started around lap 25. The field would then strung out as strategies started to play out and the racing got pretty competitive as the faster cars tried to move back through the field. The cream rose to the top as Spurrell found himself leading late in the race with a fairly large gap between him and Eric Cline in second. That's when another late caution came out from Chris Jones hitting the wall hard, badly damaging his suspension. He took his battered Chevrolet Corvette to the pits to get repaired and ended up pulling behind the wall as the damage was too much. This bunched up the field one final time and really lended to some great racing. Spurrell, who had worked really hard to build his gap was concerned that the field had drawn up on him. But when the Green Dropped the racing that ensued behind would allow him to get a clean get-away and build enough of a gap that eventual 2nd place finisher, Christensen didn't catch him in the closing laps as he was closing in for the kill. Young phenom, Ben Wells, finally grabbed his first podium in his Aston Martin. The young driver (Wells) has been fast all season but hadn't had the results to show for it, and appears he's finally living up to the hype. Senchak placed just outside of the podium as he had some issues earlier in the race that prevented him from dominating in his usual fashion. A great showing for Sean Flemming placed him in the top 5 with another consistent run, even as his tires and car faded near the end. A late race bobble by the Mercedes would give Nic Worsfold 6th place finish as he fought hard all day, still coming to grips with the setup on his team's newly acquired RUF contract. Watts, who had an up and down day would finish 7th, rebounding early from a spin and contact with Chavana earlier in the race. Cline would end up in 8th place after running 2nd for a decent portion of the race. Chavana's late slip, would ruin his day and leave him in 9th place after having a strong showing for most of the day. Chris Bowman, also in a Daredevil Racing Prepared RUF would round out the top 10. Joe White, Abe Wozniak, and Railer Cantrell would finish 11th, 12th, and 13th respectively.
Next week is the Series Showcase 24 hr of Le Mans, as the Series moves to France and the track will be host to a double points event. Many drivers would like to put this week behind them and hope for a better week at Le Mans.

Q 11th I think. Didn't prepare for rain, improvised a wet setup did a 2.30 ish.
R.8 or 9th (still dont know)
Start was ok, made it to t10 with out much drama. But me and Benjamin had another coming together, I was really annoyed at the time seeing he had the inside and I broke early to let him through but we touched and both went off. Watching the replay it looks like 50/50, a small touch which sent us both wide. If it was my fault I apologise if not that's 3-0 :)
Anyway from there I tried to get the feel for the wet and build my pace Tring not to make any mistakes. I caught up to tomo and passed when he made an error. Then slowly closed down the gap to lance and Benjamin.
I caught them at about half distance, lance pit, my tires were starting to overheat but I was still getting faster each lap so stayed out. Raced quite close to Benjamin but couldnt make the pass, he pit a lap or 2 later. I then found myself in front of a charging Adel and Ben.M, did my best to stay out of the way of them. I probably stayed out a lap too long but pit lap 10 ish for dry tyres.
Came out behind tomo in 11th. And spent the rest of the race racing him. I closed right up and tapped him at the bus stop then immediately spun. I had 5 secs to make up in 3 laps and just managed to take him on the last corner for 8th or 9th :) I enjoyed the race.

Sprint: i couldn't do a clean lap started last of qualifyers.made a place up to 6th at the start but touched Dean braking at the end of the straight and went wide. Had a tough few laps being swamped by the quick guys, but think I did ok letting them all past lol.hung on for 8th place.

Q 11th I think. Didn't prepare for rain, improvised a wet setup did a 2.30 ish.
R.8 or 9th (still dont know)
Start was ok, made it to t10 with out much drama. But me and Benjamin had another coming together, I was really annoyed at the time seeing he had the inside and I broke early to let him through but we touched and both went off. Watching the replay it looks like 50/50, a small touch which sent us both wide. If it was my fault I apologise if not that's 3-0 :)
Anyway from there I tried to get the feel for the wet and build my pace Tring not to make any mistakes. I caught up to tomo and passed when he made an error. Then slowly closed down the gap to lance and Benjamin.
I caught them at about half distance, lance pit, my tires were starting to overheat but I was still getting faster each lap so stayed out. Raced quite close to Benjamin but couldnt make the pass, he pit a lap or 2 later. I then found myself in front of a charging Adel and Ben.M, did my best to stay out of the way of them. I probably stayed out a lap too long but pit lap 10 ish for dry tyres.
Came out behind tomo in 11th. And spent the rest of the race racing him. I closed right up and tapped him at the bus stop then immediately spun. I had 5 secs to make up in 3 laps and just managed to take him on the last corner for 8th or 9th :) I enjoyed the race.

Sprint: i couldn't do a clean lap started last of qualifyers.made a place up to 6th at the start but touched Dean braking at the end of the straight and went wide. Had a tough few laps being swamped by the quick guys, but think I did ok letting them all past lol.hung on for 8th place.

Another solid night dude keep pushing

FR:
Qualified second just 4 tenths off pole. Got away well and swamped Liam off the line, got into the lead and stayed there just managing the pace until I made a small mistake. I snatched one of the rear wheels under braking for Les Combes and ended up spinning into the escape road. Liam got through so I harassed him for two laps until he made an error and I repassed him. The tyres began overheating as the circuit dried, Liam, the two Mercs and Ola came in for new tyres. I went intermediates which worked for a solid 1 lap until the rain stopped and the track became bone dry instantly. That left the two Bentleys and Mercs who were on drys just waiting for an opportunity. My only hope of a good result was to stay out and hope the inters would give off enough grip in the dry to stay ahead, but it wasn't to be. Adam breezed past me at Fagnes, but I wasn't gonna make the same mistake with Dom. I fought for each position like my life depended on it but couldn't do anything to stop them. P5. Gutted.

SR:
Ended up started P10 I think, got a decent getaway and made a few places up through Eau Rouge. Coming through Les Combes I nearly got sandwiched between Rob and Dean, so I had to slam the brakes on. Eventually carved my way through past Benjamin which left me chasing Liam for the win. I caught up with 3 to go. Tried to pressure him into a mistake (he'd already had one at Pouhon), but it wouldn't happen so I went on the attack. Managed to get a run into Fagnes and got up the inside, but made contact on the change of direction. Decided to let him back through which brought Nic into the frame. Had to defend into Blanchimont but kept him behind. Attempted to close back to Liam on final lap but slid off at Eau Rouge and hit the wall. P3. Distraught.

Penalty's
For Cutting Pit Lane Exit (During Feature Race)

. @Adam Morris (5 Seconds Added To Race Time) Finishes 2nd In The Feature Which Means @Ben Milden Takes 1st Place :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:.

. @Dominic Ollivierre (5 Seconds Added To Your Race Time) Finishes 4th In The Feature Meaning @Adel Elsayed Now Finishes 3rd in The Feature.

. @Benjamin McCluskey (5 Seconds Added To Race Time) Finished N/A.

. @Rob McEwan (5 Seconds Added To Race Time) Finishes 9th Behind @Thomas While Who Now Finishes 8th In His Place.

. @Bajny (5 Penalty Points Added To Your License) For Disregarding The Organizers Instructions And Not Serving Your Qualifying Ban In The Feature Race, Another 5 Penalty Points Added To Your License For Rage Quiting In The Sprint Race I Believe it was Unless You Can Prove Otherwise or Due To Dsc Your Now On 35 Points In Total 5 More Thats A Race Ban Thanks.

You Also Cut The Pit Exit Line So 5 Seconds Added To Your Race Time Unfortunately Aswell Due To Event Your Current Status Is Now Under Evaluation And I Will Inform You On My Decision Before The Next Race.

Penalty's

. @Adam Morris (5 Seconds Added To Race Time) Finishes 2nd In The Feature Which Means @Ben Milden Takes 1st Place :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:.

. @Dominic Ollivierre (5 Seconds Added To Your Race Time) Finishes 4th In The Feature Meaning @Adel Elsayed Now Finishes 3rd in The Feature.

. @Rob McEwan (5 Seconds Added To Race Time) Finishes 9th Behind @Thomas While Who Now Finishes 8th In His Place.

. @Bajny (5 Penalty Points Added To Your License) For Disregarding The Organizers Instructions And Not Serving Your Qualifying Ban In The Feature Race, Another 5 Penalty Points Added To Your License For Rage Quiting In The Sprint Race I Believe it was Unless You Can Prove Otherwise or Due To Dsc Your Now On 35 Points In Total 5 More Thats A Race Ban Thanks.

You Also Cut The Pit Exit Line So 5 Seconds Added To Your Race Time Unfortunately Aswell Due To Event Your Current Status Is Now Under Evaluation And I Will Inform You On My Decision Before The Next Race.

@Adam Morris I told you earlier in the week that the bentleys cannot avoid crossing the pit exit. The AI puts the car partially over the line on exit by default and u cannot avoid it. This has been tested. Please do the research like I warned u and see that we didn't do any of this intentionally.

Penalty's

How about giving everyone say 40 second penalties in the feature? Sounds reasonable to me :p

Yup not sure what his deal is. I'm full lock to the right every time and it keeps pushing me over the line and u basically come to a stop to get it to come back over the line
Talking with Adam before the race I'm sure he mentioned that he puts a bit brake on to avoid going out the line. He never mentioned what you are saying so If there was any issues I'm sure he would have said it before the race so this would have been avoided. It's hard for all of us to stay within the line. But I obviously want to gain from it so I won't say anything else on the matter since I'm biased.

Talking with Adam before the race I'm sure he mentioned that he puts a bit brake on to avoid going out the line. He never mentioned what you are saying so If there was any issues I'm sure he would have said it before the race so this would have been avoided. It's hard for all of us to stay within the line. But I obviously want to gain from it so I won't say anything else on the matter since I'm biased.

Fair enuff. I can understand that. We're back to being chipmunks :thumbsup:. it is indeed difficult but not entirely unavoidable, cheers on picking that up & good insight. Congrats to you both on your promotions. The race continues... :cool:

Watching the footage I've seen @Adam Morris was unlucky but @Dominic Ollivierre you were looking back as you exited the pits and was a clear mistake but I guess that's racing you weren't the only ones I guess so just unlucky gutted for Adam and it's a hollow win in these circumstances

Unfortunately for you @Ben Milden you crossed the pit entry line as did myself. So if my calculations are correct, @Adel Elsayed will get the victory? Congrats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 82 15.9%
  • Socks

Votes: 285 55.1%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • Shoes

Votes: 62 12.0%