Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Maybe it would be an idea to pick up the leader at the start/finish line instead of him slowing for the field to catchup? at least that way his advantage isn't completely negated? Either that or a VSC where everyone holds a certain speed but as much as I trust everyone in this league I can't help but think that that system just wouldn't work. Just throwing my 2p. I'm often wrong. What does everyone else think?
Well part of the advantage of being the leader with a huge gap is the ability to pit before the field catches up. I have a Tires Only Strategy that only has 10L of fuel added saved in my Strats. I still maintain that you had a large enough delta you could have pitted for tires and negated any disadvantage you would have gotten by letting your warn tires go cold. A caution in any series is always a disadvantage to the Leader and allows the field to catch up. It's just the nature of the beast. However, if there hadn't had been a caution you still would have cruised to victory. Either way the result was the same, and Congrats on another dominating victory. It's hard to top your Consistency Lap after Lap, Matt. By far one of the most consistent drives you've put down.

I agree that it is a usually a disadvantage. I did have a big gap but after slowing for the caution where i was on the track I honestly didnt have enough time to get in. Luckily for me I held on to the tyres otherwise I wouldnt have won. Not trying to be winey or anything, just contributing :)

I like..
-I agree no waive-arounds**, track is too big to allow someone around to catch back up.
**(Unless Driver is in same sector as leader, And race will restart regardless of driver position)
-There will be no more than 1 full lap of caution if needed.
-Leader will slow to 100 KPH (62 mph) and allow field to catch up** Unless he is in Sector 3 and IS PITTING FOR TIRES in which he can maintain "Reduced Race Pace" to the pits. (**Advantage of being the Leader)
-If the Leader is in Sector 1 or Sector 2, he must slow immediately after "Caution, Caution, Caution" is called by Organizer.
-If a Caution is Called for Contact I will not last more than than 2 sectors from the point of initiation.
Example: If Caution is called while Leader is in S1, He will slow immediately to (100 KPH)Then will Restart at Start/Finish Line regardless of position of Rest of the Field.
Example: If Caution is Called while Leader is in S2, He will slow immediately to (100 KPH) Then will Restart at the beginning of Sector 1 Line as shown on map. regardless of position of Rest of the Field
Example:
If Caution is Called While Leader is in S3, He will slow immediately to (100KPH) **UNLESS HE IS PITTING** Then he will Restart at the Sector 2 restart as shown on map regardless of position of Rest of the Field
Le_Mans_Circuit_de_la_Sarthe_track_map.jpg

I adjusted the Waive Around's. But the way they will be implemented is if they are in the same sector of the Leader for Future races they will be able to go by on the Left and Try and catch-up to the field. The field will restart at the designated Restart point regardless of the position of the Waive Around Driver(s).
So the opportunity to get your lap back is there, but the Waive-Around driver will NOT hold the field to another Caution lap.

I agree that it is a usually a disadvantage. I did have a big gap but after slowing for the caution where i was on the track I honestly didnt have enough time to get in. Luckily for me I held on to the tyres otherwise I wouldnt have won. Not trying to be winey or anything, just contributing :)
Ok so I'm going to amend the Rules..And this will be Track Dependent, but if you are in Sector 3 slow reduced Race Pace if you are going to pit. Once you cross the Start Finish line you need to maintain the Prescribed Caution Speed. In some cases Sector 2 may be included in that. If 2nd place is close behind, and doesn't pit....well you still have the advantage of fresh rubber and you have proven to be faster in building the gap in the first place so it would be in their best interests to do as the Leader does and put fresh tires on. If you stay out on old tires you will most likely be a sitting duck when the Green drops again, especially when you are slower than the Leader on equal tires.

Feature, knew it was gonna go wrong when i crashed with dean in Q, but put it on P1 for my first ever feature pole.

Race started bad, adams car flew forward and rammed into me, slight damage and let andrew in P1, knew once the damage was gone i could catch Andrew, but made the fatal error of putting inters on, ending with only a P6 from what was a very strong chance at a win, the poles a positive though.

Sprint, Q P2, destroyed gaz off the line, then it was build a gap unto the others came through. Eventually Andrew came up to P2, I made an error which let him right up behind me. We eventually came together, which Andrew ended up giving me the place for (which I have been informed by others was the correct decision as I forgot to save the replay) he then spun, and Nic got up behind me, my fronts were destroyed but I managed to keep him behind (without it's controversy) but Nic has said he's fine with it so win #2 I guess. Really don't know should I be happy or not. I want to win a feature, sprints just aren't the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 77 15.2%
  • Socks

Votes: 282 55.6%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 20 3.9%
  • Shoes

Votes: 62 12.2%