Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Another good race guys. I agree that we have to keep the chatter to a minimum though, its very distracting. Plenty of time to discuss what went on AFTER the race.

Qualifying was a bit disappointing for me, Id managed a 136.6 in practice but got nowhere near that in quail and was lucky to place ahead of Tom as he has been much quicker at getting a fast time in than me. I think my setup worked better in cooler conditions with a rubbered in track which is maybe why I struggled.

I had a fairly poor start, made a mistake into the final complex letting Tom through. The first 10-15 laps for me was all about trying save the tyres to stick with the front two, who I suspected were running half tanks. Managed to keep them within 3-4s on a full tank which was good, but frustrating to see them edging away from me. Got the lead at the hairpin after some drama and started to push after the first SC to get a gap. Came in to the pits around lap 26 for a splash of go-juice and rubber and then went to the end. The one- stop strategy really paid off and gave me a good gap to P2. Didn't push too hard in the second stint because I somehow knew there would be another safety car, which was just as well because I needed the extra tyre-life at the end of the race to manage to gap to the Bentley on fresh rubber. All in all a great race and an unexpected result for me.

Cheers Michael for another great lobby.
Bring on Le Man!!!

Maybe it would be an idea to pick up the leader at the start/finish line instead of him slowing for the field to catchup? at least that way his advantage isn't completely negated? Either that or a VSC where everyone holds a certain speed but as much as I trust everyone in this league I can't help but think that that system just wouldn't work. Just throwing my 2p. I'm often wrong. What does everyone else think?

With the length of the race, and the track itself, and the issues encountered at the hock, I think this needs to be a serious discussion for the race on Wednesday.
Obviously chatter needs to be kept to the care minimum during the race, so Michael can hear when cautions are called, and so the rest of us can hear Michael's instructions, etc. (He's the organizer so I think he should be the voice of the grid).

My thoughts for Le Mans. No wave arounds for lapped cars as the track is just way too long.

Run the 3 safety car zones like IRL.
^this all depends on how spread out the field is, but if a caution is called, the race leader will obviously be the main safety car.
-The leader will call out what timing sector (1,2,3) he is about to enter if at the end of sector 2 for instance, and everyone in that sector will form on the leader.
-Lets say Have is in S1 as the leader, and i;m in S2 (way behind the pack), and a caution emerges, everyone behind me and in front of the leader will form on me (assuming i'm the lead car in that sector).
-When the situation clears, Michael calls green, and we go back to racing.

This may be difficult to judge who the lead car in each sector will be. But if once Michael confirms the caution, and everyone slows down to 70mph/112kph, we can determine who the other safety cars will be and form on them.

Hmm this will be interesting maybe. Unlike other cars, the GT3/E field seems much more speed limited. The RUF can only attain a maximum speed of 181mph, limited only by gearing. Final drive is unadjustable, and with 6th gear as low as possible, it'll bang the limiter at 181 long before the braking zones, even as I increased the downforce. May even be able to run a high downforce setup and get away with it as it doesn't seem to slow her down any, and increases cornering speeds. Oh well, more testing, more testing, and, you guessed it, more testing. I just wish there were more freedom of tuning available for gearing and final drive lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 76 15.0%
  • Socks

Votes: 281 55.6%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 20 4.0%
  • Shoes

Votes: 62 12.3%