Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

yeah it's tough to say. I think it's too late into this season for something huge like that but WEC season 3 should be a good time to implement it. I personally would prefer a GTE class to run in because it would be nice to see a v8 aston vs vette close battle while not having to worry about beating the faster cars all the time. It's a good idea but yeah I think it should probably wait.

I was really surprised by the way it handled. it felt very secure for me. However, it is a little rough over the kurbs, but I did have the bump stops up quite a bit like my car.
You know I was playing around with a lot of setting when I was trying to find speed in the AMG, and well here is what I came up with.
0-3 DF tires were shot at lap 14. 1-9 DF tires were solid until lap 21 or so, but still managed 41's until the pit. 1-6 DF my tires last about 16-18 laps depending on how hard I'm pushing the car. If you don't push it hard the tires will last. But the Merc needs rear DF. I've done about 4 25 lap stints so far and I'm happiest with the 1-6, but I find I will have to really manage my pace to make the tires last.

I actually like that in a car, I would prefer to start with that almost or have the car "free" to throttle steer. I like to have the confidence to put the pedal down on the exit of the corners instead of always worrying "when" not "if" the rear is going to step out.

The Aston is capped at 450 HP, the Vette barely makes 490 HP at sea-level. The Ginetta GT3 was just screwed from the the start doesn't even get close to its advertised HP. It would be classified as GTE "GTLM" if I had my way.
Yeah It may be too late in the season to create another class, but with Le Mans coming up I think it could be implemented before hand. Anyone having a poor season would be able to jump over into the new class. My only thing is AM/Pro, Not sure I can afford 4 trophies, may just have to figure how each driver does in each class and have an over-all Amateur Driver. It would definitely take some math to get it done, but its do-able.

I post my setups online so I think there might be a couple others running my set-up as Eric saw my twitch feed, so he knows what is achievable. LoL in the past Eric has actually been faster than me a couple of times in my own setup.. :sick: Ouch!

I'm also working on a way to record each driver's lap times. With that I will be able to take Penalties off as we would be able to spot irregularities and penalize by adding time as needed instead of the penalties in the game and DQ's which I absolutely hate, but not as much as speed limiting in front of the field.

I like the idea, but do agree that it may be to late in the season for a change. As far as trophies are concerned, you could have trophies for GT3 and GTE pro and have a small plaque made up for GTE and GT3 AM. Or after this season just do a trophy for overall. You could even break it up that one group (Pro or Am) runs GTE and the other group (Pro or AM) runs GT3. If you had the pros running GTE and the Amateurs running GT3, it could be interesting. The better drivers in the slower cars.:O_o:

New Poll for the Pole! Please Vote!
Since this race is so long, and laps are almost 4:00 long I would like to have a dedicated Qualifying session. The results would be recorded and implemented on the Parade Lap. Ideally I would to get everyone together on the same day, you can pick multiple days. If we can get the majority of people on the same day that's when we'll do it. There will still be a 20 min session before the race for anyone that can't agree/ or make a Qualifying session but the weather will be that of the Race itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 60 14.3%
  • Socks

Votes: 233 55.3%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 17 4.0%
  • Shoes

Votes: 54 12.8%