Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Tim, I don't think PCars does the head tracking thing like Forza. That system wasn't perfect, but you can always map your directional buttons to help you turn either way. I use the crew chief app which tells you if there is a car on your right or left, and usually people are pretty good at telling you they are on one of your sides.

Tim, I don't think PCars does the head tracking thing like Forza. That system wasn't perfect, but you can always map your directional buttons to help you turn either way. I use the crew chief app which tells you if there is a car on your right or left, and usually people are pretty good at telling you they are on one of your sides.

I have two buttons mapped on my wheel for "look left" and "look right" they certainly come in handy, especially when racing online.

I'm just an old fogey who's always used cockpit view since Indy and NASCAR sims on PC in 1994. A spotter is nice, but I've been racing so long I figure if I see you in my mirror and make a mistake and leave the inside open, I just assume you're going to take it. The hard part for anyone other than Chase view is seeing when somebody sticks their nose in there on a dive bomb or whatever, no matter what you're running your rear quarter panel is always vunerable to attack. That's why keeping chat down during the race is good so we can call out such moves. The immersion level is greatest in cockpit view as today's safety seats and Hans devices really limit you to just your mirrors.

I'm still struggling like crazy to get used to the cockpit view, I don't like not being able to see anything on the right-hand side of my car. Can the Kinect be set up to head track so I can at least look a little over to the right?

Like I said at the Glenn, I should have told you I was on your inside. Had I said something the outcome of that first lap may have been different. usually everyone in this league is pretty good with letting you know what side they are on. I myself use crew chief even though for some reason it cut out when I had the second Pcars dash running on my android. I am thinking of mapping a couple of buttons to left and right looks.

Quick question. What is a good setting to set tire wear at if you don't have the time to put in the full race for practice so I can get an idea of what tire wear I will have in an actual race? This week my schedule is not giving me a lot of time to practice for tomorrow let alone next week.

2x for 15 laps should about do it
Strange thing is car seems to handle differently from offline to online. I'm actually faster online. Just remember to set room up with ABS and Traction, just in case it has some hidden ECS we don't know about. I really didn't know the BMW had that until middle of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back