Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

circuitcata580.jpg
Renault-RS-01.jpg

post here to discuss round 1 of the support series, launching this Wednesday at Catalunya GP from sunny Barcelona at 8pm EST in the RS01 spec cup car. You can select your livery for the 4 races in the RS01 in either this thread, or in driver registration. Please click the link below for more info on the support series.

remember these important guidelines:
Lobby starts at: Approx 8:00-8:05pm EST for invites
Comms: Party Chat (join my party)
Practice: 20 mins
Qualifying: 15 mins
Warmup: 5 mins
Laps: 22
Start: Standing
Weather: Clear skies
Local Race Time: March 30th 2016 13:00
Assists: Real
View: any
Damage: Full
Mechanical Breakdowns: On
Tire wear: 2x
Fuel usage: Real
Penalties & Flags: On
Mandatory pit stop: On
NO cautions in the support series! (requires a lot of effort best kept to the primary WEC series)

Updated Points system:
1st: 50 points
2nd:45 points
3rd: 40 points
4th: 36 points
5th: 32 points
6th: 28 points
7th: 26 points
8th: 24 points
9th: 22 points
10th:20 points
11th:18 points
12th:16 points
13th:14 points
14th:12 points
15th:10 points
Bonus Points: 1 Point Pole Award, 1 Point Fastest Lap (Race).

more info here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wec-support-series-info-inside-rs-01-tbd.117879/

@Globespy ; @2pfspiff ; @PRT marcioj ; @Michael Watts ; @Robert Waddell ; @Railer Cantrell ; @xXMetalFlakeXx ; @Ben Wells ; @Young JP97 ; @MeTaLl1cPanda ; @Cubansandwich45 ; @UniversalSoljrr ; @Silkriffer ; @AC Hatemaker ; @AbeWoz ; @bigdaddvx2005 ; @Marksest112 ; @Dalai toma ; @MrShumacher ; @Ceaser ; @Tim Brook ; @Kennell17

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob
Hey Toast I am in when I can make it. I good for the 30th.I definitely would like to see the car changed though. Wouldn't mind seeing an old school car like the older IMSA cars or the Historic cars. Also shorter track lengths

I have a one race idea Toast. We run Mojave Coyote Noose with the Ford Fusion. We would need to figure out how many laps the fusion can run until empty due to no pits. We then make the race 3 to 5 laps shorter so that we know we would be able to finish the race. Run a 20 min practice, 10 min qualifying then a 10 min warm up followed by the race. Would be interesting to run one oval being that the RS.01 league is strictly for fun.

What about keeping with GT cars and have the support series be GT4? Also wouldn't mind the DTM idea since for those of us who don't have much DLC there's already a DTM car in the form I of the Audi. Just my 2¢.
what do you mean AC? DTM audi, what are you referring too? I thought the only modern DTM was the merc...

and my own lmp3 prototype selection ( I like it lol, so will you. Trust me here its very fun...)

Suggestions have been taken into account for open TBD races on schedule (excluding crossovers with Robert's new league). If the poll decides no default setup we will have to axe cayote noose spiff :( but you could suggest fusion somewhere else and I'll see if I can sneak it in there...
Expect a full car/track combo schedule in the next few days with some of the good ideas presented in this thread.

Last edited:
-There are no teams in this series, all team entries will be registered single privateer.
-All sign ups are in the same racing class as an individual entry (pro/am are irrelevant unlike the main WEC series)
- There will be one championship trophy awarded for the RS01 cup (6 races) and one also for the overall support series championship (all races).

the points system is as follows for every support series race:

1st: 50 points
2nd:45 points
3rd: 40 points
4th: 36 points
5th: 32 points
6th: 28 points
7th: 26 points
8th: 24 points
9th: 22 points
10th:20 points
11th:18 points
12th:16 points
13th:14 points
14th:12 points
15th:10 points
Bonus Points: 1 Point Pole Award, 1 Point Fastest Lap*(except a few exempt rounds).

the driver with the most combined points from all races at the end of the season wins the overall support championship.Random support races may be added based on WEC schedule changes, leaving the overall support championship undecided until the season's conclusion.
The driver with the most combined points in the RS01 after 6 rounds wins the RS01 cup.

as of round 11 RS01 @ Bugatti Circuit:
Current Overall Support Series Championship Total Standings: 26 total drivers
Entrants from all races included*

1. EpilepticToast .........................................................543 pts
2. Supernova................................................................365 pts
3. Michael Watts...........................................................256 pts
4. Globespy...................................................................246 pts
5. Docholiday600.........................................................225 pts
6. OctoberDusk............................................................219 pts
7. MSKbeans.................................................................212 pts
8. Braken.......................................................................204 pts
9. Spiff...........................................................................150 pts
10. AsleepSteak...........................................................138 pts
11. AC Hatemaker........................................................118 pts
12. Chunt........................................................................96 pts
13. SpaceBush...............................................................88 pts
14. Zarf............................................................................78 pts
15. Hateworldwide.........................................................76 pts
16. Abewoz (Eaglethrust).............................................70 pts
17. Ragingbull................................................................60 pts
18. Dalai Toma................................................................52 pts
19. RangerPhenix..........................................................45 pts
20. HaveBlue..................................................................41 pts
21. Mcnasty....................................................................32 pts
22. FoolishSwami..........................................................28 pts

22. Nic (Dicks)................................................................28 pts
23. HRH...........................................................................24 pts
23. Sochris......................................................................24 pts
24. AidtheAce..................................................................22 pts

Current RS01 cup standings: 20 Total drivers

1. EpilepticToast...................292 pts: WEC Support RS01 Cup 2016 Champion

2. Michael Watts...................200 pts: WEC Support RS01 Cup 2016 Runner up
3. Nova..................................199 pts WEC Support RS01 Cup 2016 3rd place
4. OctoberDusk06................146 pts
5. MSK Beans.......................112 pts
6. Globe..................................108 pts
7. Docholiday600...................85 pts
8. AsleepSteak.......................58 pts
9. Spiff.....................................56 pts
10. Zarf....................................52 pts
11. HaveBlue ...........................41 pts
12. Mcnasty............................32 pts
13. AC.....................................28 pts
13. RagingBull........................28 pts
14. Nic Hurtado (Dicks).........26 pts
15. Chunt................................24 pts
15. Spacebush.......................24 pts
15. Sochris.............................24 pts
16. Hateworldwide.................22 pts
16. AidtheAce.........................22 pts

Last edited:
Race 1 @Catalunya GP- RS01 Cup Round 1 Results

1. EpilepticToast.................51(fastest lap in race)
2. OctoberDusk06..............46(original pole)
3. HaveBlue.......................41(secondary pole on restarted lobby)
4. Globe............................36
5. Steak............................32
6. AC (DNF disconnect).....28
7. Nic (DNF cause?)..........26
8. SpaceBush (retire lap 11)...24
9. AidtheAce(DNF).....................22
10. Michael Watts(DNF FFB bug)...20

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob
As many of you will no we have decided to open up free car choice for everyone this is because a few people (myself included) felt the random draw had held them back and took some fun away from the racing.

So you can use which ever car you want to

After you have chosen that's it no more changes

You will however receive a 10 point penalty on your racing licence (penalty points are on the standings page)

You will not be able to qualify for both races at zolder!

Below I will list the teams and the changes made please when choosing your car please take into account the CAR NUMBER so that it doesn't clash with one chosen below

Thanks we regret these changes but in the interests of the league we felt them vital

No more excuse can now be made so let's race

CAR LIST

GWAH RACING TEAM

@Andrew Holmes BMW M3 #55

@Gareth Williams BENTLEY #8

OUT OF CONTROL RACING

@Ben Milden MERCEDES SLS #18

@Adel Elsayed MERCEDES SLS #30

ADOM RACING

@Adam Morris BENTLEY #85

@Dominic Ollivierre BENTLEY #84

UK & USA ENGINEERING

@Lance Loomis CORVETTE #64

@LIAMATTHURSO BMW M3 #46

DARK HORSE RACING

@Thomas While ASTON MARTIN V12 #82

@Benjamin McC BENTLEY #7

HAMMER-TIME RACING

@Jblackness1990 MERCEDES SLS #47

@Anders Prehn MCLAREN #60

BERMUDA RACING

@Dean Ragan ASTON MARTIN V12 #

@OllieRixon BMW M3 #76

RAD RACING

@Bajny BMW Z4 #20

@Rob McEwan BMW M3 #99

Last edited:
(Updated) Rules and Regulations

On Track

• Drivers must respect the track limits at all times during official sessions.
  • Drivers must respect All drivers on the Grid
  • Drivers must only make an overtaking move when it is likely contact will not be made.
  • Drivers must obey all rules and flags.
  • During Practice / Qualifying, drivers who are on a hot lap must turn on their lights to Let all Drivers Know To Move Over If Needed.
  • During Practice / Qualifying, drivers not on a hot lap must give way to drivers who are Currently On A Lap Keeping Their Headlights Off.
  • During the race, at least one mandatory pit stop must be made for a change of tyres.
  • During the race, if there is a mass disconnect (5-6 Drivers Maximum), the race will be rescheduled.
  • There must be at least ten participants for each race to go again.
  • The weather system will run: Dry > Dry > Random.
  • Drivers Must Stay Within The Pit Entry/Exit Line During Official Sessions while Entering And Exiting The Pits.
Teams and Drivers
  • All Drivers Have The Option To Choose Their Own Car At The Start Of The Season.
  • Drivers Will Not Be Aloud To Switch Car Once The Season Has Begun
  • Both Drivers Must Run A Similar colour Livery But Not The Same Car .
  • Team Names Will Be Allowed To Be Changed Once Per Season.
  • Its Now Mandatory That Teams Must Communicate (If Possible During Races) By Running A Party for that Team, If Not Possible Your Microphone Must Be Turned Off.
Forums
  • Participants must not use offensive language.
  • Participants must not disrespect others on the forum.
  • Participants must end discussion of a certain topic if asked by admin.
  • The Stewards Office Should Only Be Used For Inquiry Videos Only, Miss-use Of This Will Result In Penalty's.
Due To The Car Change Rules Coming In Late Mid-Season We Are Allowing Everyone To Change Car Now Due To Un-Happy Drivers with their Current Vehicles, But There Will Be A Penalty Which Comes From That Which Is :

.The Driver Will Receive 10 Penalty Points To Their Licence as well as Qualifying Bans For Both The Feature and The Sprint At Zolder.
. Further Penalty's May Follow If You Have Out-Standing Penalty Points Already

CAR LIST

GWAH RACING TEAM

@Andrew Holmes - #16 Mercedes SLS GT3 (Overpowered) ;)

@Gareth Williams - #56 BMW M3 GT

OUT OF CONTROL RACING

@Ben Milden - #77 Mercedes SLS GT3 (Overpowered) ;)

@Adel Elsayed - #17 Mercedes SLS GT3 (Overpowered) ;)

ADOM RACING

@Adam Morris - #85 Bentley GT3

@Dominic Ollivierre - #84 Bentley GT3

UK & USA ENGINEERING

@Lance Loomis - #1 Mclaren MP4-12C GT3

@LIAMATTHURSO - #46 BMW M3 GT

DARK HORSE RACING

@Thomas While - (TBC)

@Benjamin McC - BENTLEY GT3

HAMMER-TIME RACING

@Jblackness1990 - (TBC)

@Anders Prehn - (TBC)

BERMUDA RACING

@Dean Ragan - (TBC)

@OllieRixon - (TBC)

RAD RACING

@Bajny - (TBC)

@Rob McEwan - BMW M3 GT

Current Penalty's

Ben Milden -10 Penalty Points Now On Licence and Banned From Zolder Qualifying

Adel Elsayed - 10 Penalty Points Now On Licence and Banned From Zolder Qualifying

Benjamin Mckluskey - 10 Penalty Points Now On Licence and Banned From Zolder Qualifying

Andrew Holmes - 10 Penalty Points Now On Licence and Banned From Zolder Qualifying

Liam McEwan - 10 Penalty Points Now On Licence and Banned From Zolder Qualifying

@Ben Milden This Look Like I Covered Everything ?? @Adel Elsayed and please tag all other drivers and like this page to show you have understood the changes Thank you ;) #MorePowerNeeded

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back