Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Imola.png

The Circuit

The Imola circuit is a very tough circuit, which always produces spectacular racing. The track is very tight, very bumpy and most of all very fast. Of course, being line with high kerbs, concrete walls and gravel traps, the circuit has claimed many egos. And some drivers have lost more than their dignity around the circuit. Last time the championship came here, the main battle on track was between @Gareth Williams and @Ben Milden; @Andrew Holmes could not race here. Could that hurt him this season, not having the race experience? Only time will tell when race day arrives.

Setup Guide
Here is @Adam Morris presenting his season two feature, Setup Guide. Enjoy, watch and learn!

Press Conference
Q: This track is notorious for its high speed crashes; which corner is the toughest to take fast?
Q: Imola’s high kerbs mean it is impossible to be 100% confident; do you prefer to take them or be cautious?
Q: After two races with it, do you prefer the current race day format or the old race day format?
Q: Where do you aim to finish this week?

Press Conference
Q: This track is notorious for its high speed crashes; which corner is the toughest to take fast?
The annoying chicane.

Q: Imola’s high kerbs mean it is impossible to be 100% confident; do you prefer to take them or be cautious?
Cautious to start of with but once I feel comfortable with the car I'll slowly attack the kerbs a little more per lap

Q: After two races with it, do you prefer the current race day format or the old race day format?
The current format

Somewhere where there's points and not a tree

Press Conference
Aqua Minerale is hardest for me it's a fast entry (that's what she said) and then you have to brake steer and gear down which unsettles the car

I'm 100% confident on the kerbs

This one although if things don't improve driving standards wise in the sprint then we may have to rethink it

A track I love and go well at so I have to maximise it. 1st in the feature top 5 sprint would be ace

Welcome Tom. I will be tagging you in the GT3AM thread (previously called GT4) we will be kicking this off soon and we are happy to have you. Kindly respond to the thread with your official sign up in the thread that I will be tagging you in.

@Adam Morris I have put out a mass update post on the GT4 signup thread, now to be renamed GT3AM thread, over there has tagged all the potential competitors, and that thread will harbor the official sign ups, we will update you will a headcount when we have acquired a sufficient amount. Practise sessions are coming soon.

Cheers
Thank You :)

All Of Them #March14th

All Out Attack For Imola As a Recovery Drive is Needed so will ride those kurbs with a vengeance :) #March14th

Current Format :) #March14th

Anywhere But Last ;) 1st Would Be Great But Highly Doubtful here the Cars like A Tank Around Imola #March14th #MyTimesComing #WrathOfTheBentley

@Adel Elsayed @Ben Milden @Dominic Ollivierre haha

Limited by my creativity and bank account? I am double screwd.

I received the trophy the other day. Thank you very much. I will be sending picks this weekend.

So far it looks like I am only missing 4 races this next season. There is a possibility of missing 8 however.

Last edited:
Ginetta G55 GT3

Interesting that you included this one. Have they done something to the BoP? I always loved this car, but was unable to figure out how to make it competitive. Also, nobody else chose it. :O_o:

Ginetta G55 GT3

Interesting that you included this one. Have they done something to the BoP? I always loved this car, but was unable to figure out how to make it competitive. Also, nobody else chose it. :O_o:
No, no-one has selected this car, but it's still available. A fella by the name of Hef 51 that was in Chip and Queso's league won their championship with that car, so it's not a dog. It tends to flourish on tracks that like downforce. And I would think it would actually be pretty decent with the new slick tire physics.

Press Conference
Q:
This track is notorious for its high speed crashes; which corner is the toughest to take fast?
I'm terrible with corner names, but probably the double right in S2.

Take them.

Probably new

Podium in feature if i can, sprint, we'll see

Hey! I just thought I'd pop in and say hello! I'm interested in joining the league if you have space. I used to do a lot of sim racing on the PC (mainly rFactor) and regularly ran in the RaceDepartment Endurance series as well as other RD leagues.

I need to get up to speed with Project Cars again but if I can get some laps in at a decent pace, I'll sign up!

The timing is a little tight (got to get an 18month old to bed right around the time it starts) but it should be fine, I might just miss practice.

If anyone wants to add me on XBL my gamertag is Timmo2k.

Cheers!

Hey! I just thought I'd pop in and say hello! I'm interested in joining the league if you have space. I used to do a lot of sim racing on the PC (mainly rFactor) and regularly ran in the RaceDepartment Endurance series as well as other RD leagues.

I need to get up to speed with Project Cars again but if I can get some laps in at a decent pace, I'll sign up!

The timing is a little tight (got to get an 18month old to bed right around the time it starts) but it should be fine, I might just miss practice.

If anyone wants to add me on XBL my gamertag is Timmo2k.

Cheers!
Tim, yeah if you want to sign up there are still a few spots available. As long as you get practice in during the week the series is basically a race every two weeks to give time to prepare and run other leagues or the Support Series for fun. Just post your info in the Driver Registration and I'll add your info to the Driver Roster. And Welcome to the League.

Last edited:
No, no-one has selected this car, but it's still available. A fella by the name of Hef 51 that was in Chip and Queso's league won their championship with that car, so it's not a dog. It tends to flourish on tracks that like downforce. And I would think it would actually be pretty decent with the new slick tire physics.

I'm sure you have seen this thread? Interesting that the console leaderboards and Jussi's collected data seem to be in line. The Ginetta is very slow, but so is the Aston GTE. Also, I expected the Z4 to be up there, and I can believe the M3 too, but the Merc? :O_o: Clearly, this may be track dependent also.

Overall, though, the GT3 field is said to have "speed differences are so massive that no amount of tactics short of completely skipping a pit stop can make the car competitive between equal drivers." This is from the thread's creator and PC guru Jussi, who made the suspension calculator you found.

Despite this, the best approach now seems to be to let drivers choose and sort it on the track. Still, it's hard to argue with the data, even if you yourself can be blamed for picking the wrong car. The net effect is to narrow the GT field to about three cars. Of course, this assumes equal skill level, as that is the biggest factor indeed, which is a good thing.

Who is Dwight Guy?

I'm sure you have seen this thread? Interesting that the console leaderboards and Jussi's collected data seem to be in line. The Ginetta is very slow, but so is the Aston GTE. Also, I expected the Z4 to be up there, and I can believe the M3 too, but the Merc? :O_o: Clearly, this may be track dependent also.

Overall, though, the GT3 field is said to have "speed differences are so massive that no amount of tactics short of completely skipping a pit stop can make the car competitive between equal drivers." This is from the thread's creator and PC guru Jussi, who made the suspension calculator you found.

Despite this, the best approach now seems to be to let drivers choose and sort it on the track. Still, it's hard to argue with the data, even if you yourself can be blamed for picking the wrong car. The net effect is to narrow the GT field to about three cars. Of course, this assumes equal skill level, as that is the biggest factor indeed, which is a good thing.

Who is Dwight Guy?
yeah I read the info about the GT3 cars, but you still have Drivers pick cars that they want to drive for whatever reason Personal appreciation or brand loyalty. I know Tom's a faster driver than Me and "Toast" as well but I can't force them into the Ginetta, LoL. All I can do is make it available and hope they select it. Tom basically was driving a GT2 car and he really used it to its full potential. On the other hand If Nic was in and identical car like he is in our LMP2 series he would be 2 seconds a lap faster yet he has a brand loyalty to the Aston. I think he would benefit from running the V12 this season. So its still up to driver choice based on what people are comfortable with driving and fits their driving style the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%