Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

From the update notes:

" Your car will not be allowed to leave its pitstall if the pit crew are not able to repair your car enough to pass black flaggable levels of damage. Your pit crew will tell you that they can’t fix your car. If you have a fast-tow available, you may exit your car and re-enter to get a fresh car and continue the race."

Since we have unlimited fast tows, you can get a new car. The time penalty will cost you 2-3 laps, however.

Guys, I found the hard way in Oval racing when pitting. The right side of the pit area(Tarmac grey part), cars collide with another. Its not like Road tracks where its ghosting in the pits.

The only part that cars are ghost in the pits in Oval racing is the pit box area stretch. I hope I am wrong but I did slam the car ahead when pitting at Indy.

Abdul, you should be running with the pit limiter on so should not hit another car, and if i remember rightly you have the pit box lane and then 2 other lanes in the pits, i normally stay in the outside (right lane) so i can actually see my pit box and then move over when i am 2 or 3 pit boxes away from my own pit box.

Abdul, you should be running with the pit limiter on so should not hit another car, and if i remember rightly you have the pit box lane and then 2 other lanes in the pits, i normally stay in the outside (right lane) so i can actually see my pit box and then move over when i am 2 or 3 pit boxes away from my own pit box.

I always use pit limiter. What I meant to point out was during the race when multiple cars pit at the same time. Its vital to stay on the outer lane(right lane) until closer to your pitbox to dive in as you mentioned. Otherwise if you are in the middle part of the track and the car infront dives in the pitbox you are sure to hit that car and destroy each others race.

Good luck everyone who races today!! I have gotten such a nice welcome here I look forward to racing a lot with you guys in the future. Maybe next year after I get some time under my belt in an Indy Car in high traffic situations i will join ya.
I look forward to hearing about the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back