AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Thruxton, Wednesday 23rd March 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
There are race cars , there are road cars. Wife has a old mk2 TT diesel, special edition one.
It not only looks really impressive with its fat tyres and low stance, when you catch the Diesel engine right, it goes like the wind + impressive road holding ability.
Gets 50mpg and makes our British weather warmer into the bargain.:unsure:
I have a rich mate who has owned a series of ferrari cars which he lets me drive on the road, as he is not going to see this comment, the TT betters them in every way when driven on the road.
Come to think of it the wife has an old git too.:roflmao::roflmao:

If it was a Ferrari with Ferrari prices, everyone would want one and praise it’s true worth.
Funny how exclusively makes people praise the unworthy, and common things are ignored.

Last edited:
Sorry all, had to leave early due to some family health stuff. Nothing unplanned but timing didn't work out as I had hoped and I had to end my race early (and order dinner for my mom lol). Hopefully by this weekend life is back to "normal" and I can have a relaxing return to this track in the GT4 :)

Though maybe not revisit the grassy fields I mowed today :rolleyes: :laugh:

And another race added to the profile, nice! This was a really good race in track/car combination perspective. The Mazda felt at home and at ease on this track. Because of the tips and ( a LOT of) patience from Carsten yesterday, i could get consistent 1.25.xxx laps done.

Unfortunately, some of the Audi's were not so forgiving and often cost me seconds, which at some times really frustrated me and got me out of my consistent pace.

I was busy at the time practice and quali started, so only managed to do a few rounds at both, leading me to start from position 20 out of 22. The start was so much chaos and i thought i managed to avoid all crashes. Just when i thought i was in the clear, i got hit by a spinning car and got sent to the shadow realm, losing all my positions and starting dead last :(

Now, focusing on consistent lap times i got faster and faster, towards all rounds in the 1.25.xxx which got me closer and closer to the Mazda's in front. I had a good run with Tajinder and Hank, which i eventually lost :( "Luckily" some Mazda's in front of me spun out, so i gained quite some positions in the end and finished 12th.

I had fun and am happy with the result! Hopefully the Audi's are a bit more forgiving towards the Mazda's in the upcoming multiclass race :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Firstly apologies to Carsten on giving you a fright at the end and spoiling your battle with Allan a few laps from the finish, you were correct that I was not going to make the overtake, I braked in time but you had gone wide to take avoiding action and you didn't make the chicane properly.

Apart from that - I'm happy with my first podium for a while after a return to the Audi.

Qualified P2, to my surprise, lost 2 places at the start by going wide on T1. Back to 3rd after Thomas, I think, had a disconnect then got back to P2 shortly after.

Ernie had a 3-4 second gap and I started to make some inroads before we got to the Mazda's where he gained some time and started to pull away. I then had a few laps of battling with Richard before he got past me in the corner before the chicane.

I then focused on trying to keep pace but dropped back a little when we got to the next set of Mazda overtaking.

In the end I had a comfortable last few laps (apart from scaring Carsten) :( and brought the car home in P3.

I may stick with the Audi for a few races, we'll see. :)

Edit, thanks to Han for organising and to all the racers tonight.

Last edited:
Thanks all for racing tonight. I must say that I found it very hard to safely overtake the Mazda's on this track and I apologise to the ones that I disadvantaged.
In the first laps I had a great battle with the Finns Jari and Kimi until I had contact with a Mazda in the fast right hander. He went off the track and onto the grass and I had to wait a long time for him. So I ruined his race and also mine :notworthy: :( . I'm very sorry for that.
In the last part of the race I was continuosly in battle with Colin but I was not able to pass him. Great defense, mate!

Congrats to the podium, especially Simon for his first win with us.
I don't know where we are going next week with our multiclass but here's the event for next week Tuesday : https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/honda-s800-donington1938-tuesday-29nd-march-2022.226644/
A really fun one, I guarantee!

And you can still sign up for the Jeddah race tomorrow! A chance to learn the track for the F1 Grand Prix this weekend!

Last edited:
What an eventful race. It was fun but also not fun, but at the end it was fun again. You know what I mean? :coffee: I had a solid qualy and started P5 from all Mazdas, managed a good start and was careful on the first corners until I got hit at the backside and spun on the third one. Watching the replay I think I can call it a race incident, unfortunately that put me almost dead last. Still, the race was long so I picked up the pieces and got to work. There were other incidents and some people had a few offs... (including me one lap later after some evasive maneuvers) but I kept at it, got into a rhythm and managed to recover almost 5 places... and I say almost because I got involved into other people's incidents a couple of times, mostly at the chicane... including one time that was my fault (apologies again Paulo @pcmoreno). So my race was a grind of recovering from being collateral damage several times. But at some point I got over the frustration and picked it up from where I was, focusing on catching up on the car ahead, whichever it was. At some point I hit my fastest laptime (a 1:25'er) which was a welcome reward for all that effort. I choose to be philosophical about this race, even if I knew I had the pace and the chance to achieve one of my best finishes... just not meant to be this time.

Congratulations to the winners and podium finishers, and thanks once more for organizing Han. Looking forward to next week's race... is there a mod for Jeddah already? :laugh:

Last edited:
Survived about 4 accidents, saw that Richard had a pc or internet blip.
All in all I got enough of a lead to keep the odds of being caught reasonably low, even though at two thirds distance Richard was hot on my heals. I think the buffer made the Mazda lottery to be in my favour. With the positives and negatives constantly going back and forth.
So for a change of late, last two racesI have had my fair share of good luck, so pleased, it won’t last.:(
Checked the replay, pretty sure I treated all the Mazdas fairly, so after all the complaints I think I heard , I don’t think I transgressed any rules. Pleased about that.:)
Well done to Han for the organisation, and a well done Simon, seeing Allan and your name took me back a few years when we had grids of over 40 Mazdas and some did not get in, Simon and Alan were very much up the front then.
:):)
So nothing new there then.:roflmao::roflmao:

PS, there was carnage at the S bend seemingly every lap , with Mazdas all over the place. I hate these chicanes. :roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:

Latest News

Back