AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Thruxton, Wednesday 23rd March 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
"Crew Chief, she´s a bit loose under braking" :confused:

loose.PNG

Looking for solutions Carsten

There is a lot of time in the chicane, 2nd kills the speed , third holds it but makes it difficult to get right. As with the kerbs there, hit them hard gains time, hit them too hard, time lost.
Every time I get the time down for a fast lap, I lose it in the chicane, every time I am well down on lap time I hit it perfectly. Undoubtedly the racing gods are fully in charge and vigilant at this chicane.:(
9DE9C11C-575A-4AD8-9E94-921E34871B4D.jpeg

There is a lot of time in the chicane, 2nd kills the speed , third holds it but makes it difficult to get right. As with the kerbs there, hit them hard gains time, hit them too hard, time lost.
Every time I get the time down for a fast lap, I lose it in the chicane, every time I am well down on lap time I hit it perfectly. Undoubtedly the racing gods are fully in charge and vigilant at this chicane.:(
View attachment 551153
I was exactly the same, Ernie. What car are you taking for the race?

Yeah,

I feel you about the chicane.
It´s exactly like Ernie describes:

if you get it right your Flatout before the first sausage curbs.
Cock it up and one of the walls will kill you (and not just your momentum :()
About the Audi, we can´t take responsibility for your mistakes life choices :rolleyes:.

Oh,and I have to rectify:

Thruxton has TWO braking zones, if you get "the Complex" right you don´t have to lift for Cobb.

Cheers Carsten

Last edited:
I was on the pace of Alan, "about", was tempted. But I took no notice of the times. I still will go for the Audi.
It will be interesting for me to see the times, I think Alan was holding back.:roflmao::roflmao: THE ROTTER.:unsure:
He's still ill with Covid so probably has some time to find. I was 1.5 or so off his time, though!

For the race I decided to give the Audi a go, see if I can mix it in that after driving mostly the Mazda.

For the race I decided to give the Audi a go, see if I can mix it in that after driving mostly the Mazda.
We´re all old enough to make our own mistakes decisions.
(jack it up to "Allroad" levels, you´ll need compliance to survive the sausages.)

He's still ill with Covid so probably has some time to find. I was 1.5 or so off his time, though!
Ah, the magical 1,5 sec ;)

MFG Carsten

I think chicane’s ruin race circuits, maybe some can deal with them, it always destroys the flow of a race circuit.
Even the Audi does not seem happy here at Thruxton,
I am so tempted to go for the Mazda here, but the chicane was the decider against that.
No stupid chicane and the Mazda was a dream to drive here.:-/

Oh? and another thing to make the chicane even more ridiculous, they put bleeding great sausages everywhere they can find.

Last edited:
No stupid chicane and the Mazda was a dream to drive here.:-/

Oh? and another thing to make the chicane even more ridiculous, they put bleeding great sausages everywhere they can find.
Sorry, but I have to completely and utterly disagree :).
The chicane really makes the circuit, without this would on be a (very misshapen) oval.

It really separates the men from the boys here ( and yes, I´m way too often on the wrong side of this divider :cry:)

About the sausage curbs:
I like them better than track limits enforced by race control.
They don´t harbour sympathies, they can´t be bought or reasoned with.

You get it right, loose a ton of time or kiss the wall.
It´s dead simple ;).

MFG Carsten.

Latest News

Back