AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Thruxton, Wednesday 23rd March 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
What an eventful race. It was fun but also not fun
Pretty much the same feeling. This was one of the weirdest races for me.

My pace was actually good(for my standards) proven by the fact that after all my troubles I ended up between the top 2 of the mazdas while being lapped and I was shocked to see I was not that much off their pace.

Start was ok, but not really and then someohow I was chasing @Dzul (which seems to be the one I chase the most) which culminated in a racing incident with a spin before the last chicane after me overtaking him. We lost positions and then I was chasing Sandor for a while and after he made a mistake on the chicane exit I had passing chance which I took but got ran to the wall on the straight leading to both of us crashing. More positions lost and the same duel continued(I was not sure what to do so I waited for him. After seeing the replay I should have not done so). Some laps later I managed to get completely along side him on the giant straight before the chicane but even before we started the approach for the chicane both our cars are taking only 1 fith of the width of the track and we touch and there we go flying though the grass again.
That was basically my race which was somewhat dissapointing given that the pace of most mx-5's were not far appart at all but with so many incidents I never really managed to actually race anyone else.

It was good to be a bit on pace with the mazdas after being so much off it on the GT3 race. Thanks again to the organization.

I was chasing @Dzul (which seems to be the one I chase the most) which culminated in a racing incident with a spin before the last chicane after me overtaking him.
I think we have very similar pace (with a couple other drivers here) but I'm happy that's the case because then we have (several) people to fight for position with :D That bounce was on me, you were a tad ahead on the outside going into the chicane and I was trying to trailbrake into the inside of its first corner while giving you the space... but I braked too hard and couldn't get ahead reason why I ended up touching you and taking us both out. So that beer is on me amigo :coffee: I manged to catch you and Sandor and saw your incident first hand, I tried to avoid it but had to veer too much to the left, touched the grass and ended up crossing into the wall and entering the end of the pit exit rearwards... you gotta check that funky move on the replay, I wish I could get points for that... :laugh: Looking forward to more (safer) scraps at the Nurburgring next week!

Last edited:

Latest News

Back