AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Thruxton, Wednesday 23rd March 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
No,

its because it's a driving I Pad you have to boot up before use, it prevents you actively from having fun
(the street version does not allow you to switch of ESP) and to put the icing on the turd it's F W D :cry:

MFG Carsten
1647961338368.png

And worst of all it´s a lying b............:mad:

ESC Sport IS NOT ESC off.

It widens the corridor for the traction control and stability brake impulses, but it still messes with your driving.

It takes a RS model to get rid of TC and ESC, but even then there are sinister forces at work with torque vectoring by brake application.
In the higher end quattros you can even buy a " Sport Differential" that does torque vectoring by spinning the outside wheel 10% faster.
Off course all this is controlled by a Skynet level computer to make the car feel easier to drive than it is so young squirts can crash faster and harder with newly leased cars.

Sorry about the rant Carsten

tl;dr: modern cars are liing to you:O_o:

Last edited:
Thinking about giving it a go, is it possible to have the password.

Cheers.
Hi Daveds3,

I would love to have you but first you have to do a couple of things (if you haven't done it already).
  • Enter you real name in your RD account/Account details. There's a field called Real Name. This is one of our community rules.
  • You have to have a (free) Simracing.GP account with you real name and you have to become a member of the RaceDepartment community on S.GP. To do that, send me a PM with the emailaddress that you used on your S.GP account and I will send you an invite and the password to register for this event.
  • Register with your choice of car on S.GP.
  • Please read our racing rules from the link in the 1st post. Read also in the 1st post the special rules for split qualify and blue flags in a multiclass.
  • Connect your Discord account to RaceDeparment with the link in the 1st post.
  • Join us in the voice chat during the event. To do that, navigate to here:
1647963062657.png

It may look much but it's a piece of cake actually.

See you on track!

And worst of all it´s a lying b............:mad:

ESC Sport IS NOT ESC off.

It widens the corridor for the traction control and stability brake impulses, but it still messes with your driving.

It takes a RS model to get rid of TC and ESC, but even then there are sinister forces at work with torque vectoring by brake application.
In the higher end quattros you can even buy a " Sport Differential" that does torque vectoring by spinning the outside wheel 10% faster.
Off course all this is controlled by a Skynet level computer to make the car feel easier to drive than it is so young squirts can crash faster and harder with newly leased cars.

Sorry about the rant Carsten

tl;dr: modern cars are liing to you:O_o:
Isn't that the case in virtually every modern road car? I have had several of these over the years and personally I think they are great fun to drive, the MK3 especially so. I test drove an RS when the latest one was released and it felt the same except it was faster and sounded nicer. I seem to remember that having the same button (you have to disable it to enable launch control) you perhaps have more experience than I on that one.

I had a Cayman S before this current one and to me I honestly prefer the TTS despite all the petrol heads telling me how much purer the Cayman is as a car I just prefer the TT.

Incidentally, I don't take them near a track and I live in the UK so why I would want to drive a rear wheel drive car around with no ESP on the usually damp and slippery public roads. I don't consider myself a good enough driver and trust my ability enough. Maybe in a computer simulator where accidents are free and Gforces don't exist but my sense of self preservation to me and my bank account prevents me from driving like that in the real world.. Maybe I am getting old.

Isn't that the case in virtually every modern road car? I have had several of these over the years and personally I think they are great fun to drive, the MK3 especially so. I test drove an RS when the latest one was released and it felt the same except it was faster and sounded nicer. I seem to remember that having the same button (you have to disable it to enable launch control) you perhaps have more experience than I on that one.

I had a Cayman S before this current one and to me I honestly prefer the TTS despite all the petrol heads telling me how much purer the Cayman is as a car I just prefer the TT.

Incidentally, I don't take them near a track and I live in the UK so why I would want to drive a rear wheel drive car around with no ESP on the usually damp and slippery public roads. I don't consider myself a good enough driver and trust my ability enough. Maybe in a computer simulator where accidents are free and Gforces don't exist but my sense of self preservation to me and my bank account prevents me from driving like that in the real world.. Maybe I am getting old.
Actually for day to day use you are spot on:thumbsup:

On the other Hand I live a driving hour from the Nürburgring (Terrorist Drives ;)) and have ample opportunities to drive balls out (ESC off) on non public grounds.

So a purist's car still has value to me

MFG Carsten

Ok, that was easy, 7sec faster in the first stint.
So let me think:
nah, still don´t like it. ;)

I´ll stay with my Hairdressers Porsche, thats what I can handle :rolleyes:

MFG Carsten
I'd be interested in your Audi laptime if you wanted to PM me. :)

*edit* Never mind, I sneaked on the server to take a look. I have a faster time in the Audi but you probably did that in a lot less laps. You are quicker in the Mazda by a bit of a margin.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips Carsten, i've shaven off 2 seconds of my fastest time just now.

Weird thing that happened, in the middle of my race all of the sudden my ABS and/or TC (sometimes one or the other) got shut off and made the car feel totally different all of the sudden. As i don't anticipate on the car handling totally different all of the sudden, i constantly spun out.. very annoying.

I've restarted my pc (laptop) and removed any key bindings to ABS and TC controls. Hopefully that did the job.

Thanks for the tips Carsten, i've shaven off 2 seconds of my fastest time just now.

Weird thing that happened, in the middle of my race all of the sudden my ABS and/or TC (sometimes one or the other) got shut off and made the car feel totally different all of the sudden. As i don't anticipate on the car handling totally different all of the sudden, i constantly spun out.. very annoying.

I've restarted my pc (laptop) and removed any key bindings to ABS and TC controls. Hopefully that did the job.
Key bindings sound logical. I have them on sliders that I don't touch by accident.

Nope, i was chasing Carsten for his raceline, but spun off before the first chicane (from pits). So, no damage at all. When i spun out, i went to pits and found out my ABS (or TC, or both) were set to "OFF".

I've even created a setup with TC/ABS on "1" and saved it. Just to be sure.

Latest News

Back