AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Nurburgring, Wednesday 30th March 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
well, when the lap time is suddenly 4 to 6 secs off pace, it was not because of the audis ;)

btw, do you also have these stats for previous wednesday races? I think it's the first time I see this on the thread, but I could have missed them.
Actually that's completely possible.
If an Audi handicaps you in an important section so that your are off line and accelerate way to late that can cost you several seconds.

(Please don't ask how I know)

MFG Carsten

Edith : corrected typos

I hate my handy

Last edited:
well, when the lap time is suddenly 4 to 6 secs off pace, it was not because of the audis ;)

btw, do you also have these stats for previous wednesday races? I think it's the first time I see this on the thread, but I could have missed them.

I am not used to post them because normally it's being done by someone other (mainly Chris if I remember correctly). As it's an internal recording of AC, you can notice that it does not contain all the data of the quali, as I joined only halfway to get in with the Mazda, nor it has anything related to the practice session.
If you want to do it yourself in case you see that no one posted it, you can upload the file "race_out.json" that you find into the "Documents\Assetto Corsa\out\" folder. Make sure to either save it somewhere or post it immediately after the race as it's refreshed (i.e. deleted and recreated) every AC session so if after our race you did another, then it would contain the other race results.. :)
Further details on the main page of simresults.net
By the way, I'm wondering whether there are programs that let you analyse the data offline by loading that file, if anyone knows it could I have a suggestion?

Stats are interesting, I was 3rd fastest in all 3 sectors so I have some pace. Just need to work on consistency and racecraft.

Plus find that elusive second or so to take the top step!

On that note I compared my laptime to the rookie race a year ago and I am over a second quicker now, so I have learned something, at least!

Brands Hatch GP was my first multiclass race, I was in the Audi so I have signed up for that again.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone having problems with Sidekick lately? I have it enabled in CM but can't see its entry in the side menu, thus I can't use it in race. I used to use it quite often (I don not have the steering wheel and arms enabled in game so I pretty much rely on it for the RPMs and other data indications) but in the last few races as said it completely disappeared.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone having problems with Sidekick lately? I have it enabled in CM but can't see its entry in the side menu, thus I can't use it in race. I used to use it quite often (I don not have the steering wheel and arms enabled in game so I pretty much rely on it for the RPMs and other data indications) but in the last few races as said it completely disappeared.
Still works for me - maybe reinstall it?

Although I am not a fan of “rafts” of rules, it may be, as we regularly race in this class to have no overtaking whilst a Mazda is near a corner.
Wait till the Mazda is through the corner, ie, no advantages for the Audi to rush a corner.
Sometimes you will get an advantage, but the Audi in front has the advantage, “should”, out of the corner.
Probably a **** idea.
I was forced into a risky overtake , “ I was not of course “, but in that split second I thought I was.:(

Wait till the Mazda is through the corner, ie, no advantages for the Audi to rush a corner.
I'm for it! As almost all drivers are regulars it should not be a problem to communicate this to all.
Another thing I was thinking of, is to allow Mazda drivers to defend while having a blue flag from an Audi. Or to say it different, allowed to ignore a blue flag from a faster class car. I don't think this will lead to abuse by the Mazda drivers because defending does also take time from the defender.

The thing with your proposal is the definition to what counts as a corner. It leaves room for interpretation. And also where the corner starts and where it ends.

But I'm willing to do this on Brands as an expirement.
So please give this post a "love" if you want Ernies proposal to be used next week.

If I may just add, it is more for the Mazda’s really, on the few occasions I have been in the Mazda in this mixed class.
All that goes though your mind in the Mazda is, will he, won’t he, yes he is, that’s not possible, how did he squeeze that one in, **** I am not going to make the corner now.:(

It affects the beginner more than the experienced drivers, but the affect is the same.
PS.
the decision is made by the leading Audi, the following Audi fits in, just like a yellow flag, as already stated above.

Last edited:
PS number2,
the advantages and disadvantages still exist for the Audi, so bad luck will see that poor Audi punished or maybe not, this stops that split panicked decision being made which both Thomas and I were constantly making last night.
Heaven knows what it may have been like if Han and others had been in a four or five close battle.
It does not affect the Chris’s of our world, he just says to himself I will make that 3 seconds up on the next lap, the Rotter.:roflmao::roflmao:

If I may just add, it is more for the Mazda’s really, on the few occasions I have been in the Mazda in this mixed class.
All that goes though your mind in the Mazda is, will he, won’t he, yes he is, that’s not possible, how did he squeeze that one in, **** I am not going to make the corner now.:(

It affects the beginner more than the experienced drivers, but the affect is the same.
PS.
the decision is made by the leading Audi, the following Audi fits in, just like a yellow flag, as already stated above.
Worth a try but consider the situation where two Audi's are side by side following a Mazda. One decides to go for it and the other waits. Again the one that waits is disadvantaged and there probably won't be a penalty for the one that passed.

I guess we could make more use of discord to signal if to wait or not but there isn't time for a debate and it's over in a split second. Image the chatter at Brands - it's virtually all corners!

I have never been able to get Sidekick or Helicorsa to show up. I installed through CM, I can check the option in CM but I can't select (or even see) them from the sidebar in game.

Some things to try here...

"Please help Sidekick and other apps won't show up I game. : r/assettocorsa"

Thanks Colin, I'll try it out in the weekend. The strange thing in my case is that it's not that I installed it and I wasn't able to let it work, because it indeed worked for a few months, then started to intermittently stop working (on session it was there, one session it wasn't), and eventually stopped working and disappeared from the menu :confused:

I just remembered I still owe you some background info and folklore on "The Ring"

As we all know "The Ring" was build in the 1920s to aid a structurally weak region in the west of Germany and to bring in work and revenue.

In the 2000s some investor had the glorious idea to build a amusement park around the tracks to draw even more visitors. The "Ring Boulevard", Motorsport Museum and the rollercoaster mentioned shortly in qualifying were all part of that plan.

Let just say that plan horribly backfired and the holding went belly up.
For example the rollercoaster was never put to use :(.

Then the state Rheinland Pfalz stepped in and bailed the investor out, which resulted in big political and judicial backlash, even some politicians were convicted for fraud.

The whole affair, both tracks and the " amusement parc" were than sold to another investor, this purchase is currently under investigation for non compliance to EU regulations.

At this moment there are the NLS (former VLN) and RCN races and of course the famous 24h of Nürburgring.
The automotive industrie is still testing in the so called "Industrie Pool" and of course there are the "Tourist Drives" which the locals only call "Terrorist drives" where everybody and his grandma can enter the track and cause mayhem.
( See Youtube :mad:) At least they are now keeping busses, winnebagos and the sort out.

As my personal perspective I´ve of course been spectating at VLN and 24h races including visits to the paddock, I´ve done terrorist drives on both tracks and the 24h layout and sometimes help out as a paddock marshal at RCN races.
I´ve had the chance to talk to a lot important and nice people over here, for me the most important the "Queen of the Ring" Sabine Schmitz who died of cancer a little while back and who had (rightfully so!!) a corner named after her:)
( The first big left after T13 leading into Hatzenbach Bogen is now the " Sabine Schmitz" corner.

Since the plague hit I´ve cut these events back substantially and feel confirmed in this decison by the growing numbers of friends and colleagues who fall ill.

So, you all have to take the hit because now I´m concentrating on Sim Racing ;)

See you in Brands Hatch :O_o:

Carsten

Last edited:

Latest News

Back