AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Bahrain, Wednesday 16th March 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Apologies for the late write up - my keyboard keeps failing (honest!).

I really enjoyed that one. The last few races I've been dangling off the back of the grid and starting to lose motivation so it was nice to be in the middle pack having some close racing again.

I benefitted from lots of offs at the start as the high speeds and low grip caught quite a few people out; plus a couple forgot to change from qualifying fuel. It was good fun battling with @stigs2cousin and @Dzul. They kindly showed me where I was losing a second per lap (the right hairpin after the first straight) and my time finally fell into the 2:26s. Carsten may have had a bad race by his standards but I was very happy to be fighting him in the mid-pack.

It struck me as interesting how such a 'big' track (wide and long straights) generated great racing even in slow cars like the MX-5s. I had assumed it would be a bit boring in slow cars but far from it.

Oh and @maxilogan and I achieved our aim of not hitting each other on lap 1 for the first time in ages :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Apologies for the late write up - my keyboard keeps failing (honest!).

I really enjoyed that one. The last few races I've been dangling off the back of the grid and starting to lose motivation so it was nice to be in the middle pack having some close racing again.

I benefitted from lots of offs at the start as the high speeds and low grip caught quite a few people out; plus a couple forgot to change from qualifying fuel. It was good fun battling with @stigs2cousin and @Dzul. They kindly showed me where I was losing a second per lap (the right hairpin after the first straight) and my time finally fell into the 2:26s. Carsten may have had a bad race by his standards but I was very happy to be fighting him in the mid-pack.

It struck me as interesting how such a 'big' track (wide and long straights) generated great racing even in slow cars like the MX-5s. I had assumed it would be a bit boring in slow cars but far from it.

Oh and @maxilogan and I achieved our aim of not hitting each other on lap 1 for the first time in ages :thumbsup:
I think it was a bad race by anyones standarts:

to rearend the later racewinner in T1 is a rooky move :(
(even though he shouldn´t have stopped there to take a piss :redface:)

and to have a fast driver turn in on you ( even though I had quite an overlap) is also my fault as I didnt shoot him in the ass to warn him beforehand.

So, nothing to write home about :rolleyes: and better next time.

MFG Carsten

Another late write up... I suppose to match with how much later I arrived at the finish line than the main pack. ;p

Bahrain was a new track for me and I was also wondering how it would work for the MX-5s. It is an awesome track for them and racing is fun.

Practice went pretty well for me not having a pace that was too far off the fastest mx-5. Quali was also ok even though I was slower than practice time. Then came the race...which just snowballed into an embarassing perfomance on my part. Start was ok even though I got bumped on T1, recovered well into the pack but then not only I did not manage to find my practice pace but also kept on doing silly mistakes after silly mistakes and even spinning out on my own several times on clear track for no apparent reason( I was not even pushing that hard anymore)

I really felt bad for Omar's last lap pit that somehow managed to get me not to finish last.

Hopefully better racing for me on the coming weeks.

Another late write up... I suppose to match with how much later I arrived at the finish line than the main pack. ;p

Bahrain was a new track for me and I was also wondering how it would work for the MX-5s. It is an awesome track for them and racing is fun.

Practice went pretty well for me not having a pace that was too far off the fastest mx-5. Quali was also ok even though I was slower than practice time. Then came the race...which just snowballed into an embarassing perfomance on my part. Start was ok even though I got bumped on T1, recovered well into the pack but then not only I did not manage to find my practice pace but also kept on doing silly mistakes after silly mistakes and even spinning out on my own several times on clear track for no apparent reason( I was not even pushing that hard anymore)

I really felt bad for Omar's last lap pit that somehow managed to get me not to finish last.

Hopefully better racing for me on the coming weeks.
Paulo, your experience of silly mistakes is so recognizable. I think most of us had that in the beginning. So you can be confident that it will get better.

Latest News

Back