AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Silverstone, Wed 29th June 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I was simply taking into account the next iteration of the same car I have (the Clubman R55) so going for the F54, but as of late I'm having a look at Abarths 500.. you guys are biasing me :D
Completely different cars, I know, but now that all the sons grew up I don't need a "big" car anymore. It has to be fun to drive..

So... why not a Mazda MX5 then? ;) On a more serious follow up, what are your "requirements"? Do you need space for more than 2 people? Space for a dog? You prefer RWD? I know it's a bit off-topic but such info can deliver better tips. :coffee:

So... why not a Mazda MX5 then? ;) On a more serious follow up, what are your "requirements"? Do you need space for more than 2 people? Space for a dog? You prefer RWD? I know it's a bit off-topic but such info can deliver better tips. :coffee:
The Fiat 124 Spider is then also an option. It's a MX5 clone.

And this is apparently also possible!
1656493061725.png

Last edited:
Wow! I'm sure it would be awesome! and for someone like me that finds it hard to have the time for more than one race in a week, it's nice to meet the same people but have the opportunity to taste something different every now and then.

Oh, and now for something completely off-topic.. but I'm surprising myself, now that the MINI starts showing the weight of the years it has (14 already..) searching for a replacement, even if it's something that won't happen before next year (just to have an idea of the next car). Up until now I was simply taking into account the next iteration of the same car I have (the Clubman R55) so going for the F54, but as of late I'm having a look at Abarths 500.. you guys are biasing me :D
Completely different cars, I know, but now that all the sons grew up I don't need a "big" car anymore. It has to be fun to drive..
I had the 2014 mini cooper F56 with the must-have chilli pack, a great car it was too.
driven a number of Abarth 595's a very good car if performance is number 1, but the mini is a much better car overall.
the only complaint was that I just wanted to race it everywhere and the controls were not exactly intuitive,
I would defiantly recommend it as a car and most certainly buy the same again, mine was an auto with a 1.5 petrol engine and would return 60 mpg when driven reasonably. Also with a very good auto box and spritely 3 cylinder engine.

I'd like it a lot, but a 2 seater is most probably too stretched of a choice, while for sure being fun ;)

I've always driven relatively sensible hatchbacks, aka Golfs (Golves?), but like yourself Omar, I'm feeling the influence of this series. I've had several attempts at convincing my other half that I definitely need an MX5 despite working from home and driving less than 3k miles per year :roflmao: She remains unconvinced!
Same here... my excuse is once my kid leaves the nest there is no reason for a car for more than 2 people, a dog... and a towbar (right Han?) :roflmao: .

Yes I need space to deliver more than 2 people, while I usually leave the dog home when I'm travelling as I have someone who can care about it.
Never driven an RWD in real life, and that's the thing that scares me the most. If I happen to drive it like I drive it in simracing, I'll spin before even exiting the car dealer :roflmao:

I've always driven relatively sensible hatchbacks, aka Golfs (Golves?), but like yourself Omar, I'm feeling the influence of this series. I've had several attempts at convincing my other half that I definitely need an MX5 despite working from home and driving less than 3k miles per year :roflmao: She remains unconvinced!
We'll definitely sustain your cause if you really want to succeed ;)

I wanted to check if the race duration was 45 minutes or one hour, and in Simracing.gp i saw the registration list: it seems it'll be quite a crowded grid! (Especially for the Mazdas).

I couldn't practice for the entire duration, is a pitstop needed for the Mazda?

I wanted to check if the race duration was 45 minutes or one hour, and in Simracing.gp i saw the registration list: it seems it'll be quite a crowded grid! (Especially for the Mazdas).

I couldn't practice for the entire duration, is a pitstop needed for the Mazda?
I guess it will be tight. Probably depends on your driving style. Prepare a pitstop just in case.

Never driven an RWD in real life, and that's the thing that scares me the most. If I happen to drive it like I drive it in simracing, I'll spin before even exiting the car dealer :roflmao:
If you drive on the road as we do in simracing you deserve to be

"cut from the gene pool" my friend :mad:

1656525492105.png

But in all seriousness, I´ve been driving RWD cars since 1993 and never have spun on public roads.

Even with my current car which I´ve spun more than 100 times ( thrice this week alone when "tyre testing" on a skid pad :rolleyes:) never ever spun on public roads, only test tracks, race tracks and skid pads.

InkedGT86.jpg

Apart from all responsibilty reasons current cars do have stability control and if you switch that of on public roads I´ll be after you with a rusty version of the tool above.

On a practicall note, this thing above seats two very comfortably, up to two big dogs and has a very usable luggage compartment.

But no trailer hitch and no bike rack, period!!
( my L frame Liteville 301 does fit in the trunk if you remove both wheels.
No problem with my longbow, the trunk can house about 2.000 arrows if needs be;)

If you want something like this be quick about it, the sportscar is about to die an agonizing death because of electrocution.
The BRZ2 and GR86 will be the last of the enjoyable and affordable sports cars.

Ok, theres still the "hairdressers Porsche Miata, but it´s on it´s last legs,too.
And if I remember correctly the Fiata is already dead. I would have preferred the Miata becuase of 2.0 NA, the 1,5 "rebreather" Fiat engine was only a peasants car heart on life support.:sick:

Now let´s see what you have at silverstone, heading over now :cool:

Carsten

Last edited:

Latest News

Back