AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Silverstone, Wed 29th June 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I did the opposite. I just tried out the forumla mini at the mini silverstone. Finally got a hang of that quick steering after a slow hour in the porsche yesterday, only to try out the mazda on the big silverstone and feel like I'm driving in molasses :O_o:. I don't remember how to steer :laugh:

Also a bit late to the topic of "home circuits", but the 2nd IMSA MX5 race at Watkins Glen this weekend was one to watch :thumbsup:

Last edited:
If you want to poke around with the old SSD, this guide helped me out with a windows system that was having boot issues recently - https://linuxhint.com/ubuntu_boot_repair_tutorial/

Though just upgrading to a bigger SSD sounds like a good alternative too :geek:
It's not just boot issues with this one. The whole drive just disappears, and its "Unsafe Shutdowns" count gets one more. When it did not boot, it happened because the whole damn device was not found at all. It looks like it just randomly switches itself off.
Now it has been working for 37 hours without a single glitch, right before that it couldn't stay connected for more than 10 minutes at best. Not much logic there, eh...

Anyway, there's no way I can trust that drive any more, and it's under warranty so there should be no problem getting a replacement.

Last edited:
Now it has been working for 37 hours without a single glitch, right before that it couldn't stay connected for more than 10 minutes at best. Not much logic there, eh...
The classic tech problem "fix". Start thinking about replacing the hardware and 50/50 it starts working again :laugh:

But yeah, doesn't sound like the kind of "consistency" you want in your boot drive.

Oh Silverstone,

why does though hate me??

Especialy this Maggots infested Beckets Crap Corner

full of despair Carsten
Carsten, you need to channel your inner Nigel :D
1656367948554.png

But if you do crash out, you can always get a lift back to the pits with me
1656368106284.png

Carsten, you need to channel your inner Nigel :D
View attachment 577148

But if you do crash out, you can always get a lift back to the pits with me
View attachment 577149
Oh Taj,

you´re such a good comrade:rolleyes:
(friends wouldn´t treat each other like that.
Learned that from Firefighters I worked with )

MFG Carsten

(Still don´t like Silverstone.
But I could be complaining and sandbagging.
At least Allanien is only 1.5sec faster than me :D)

Last edited:
@Allan Ramsbottom sorry I saw your message just after you disconnected yesterday. I don't have the chat window open in race as I have a regular 16:9 screen and I haven't got all that space to open too many apps.
By the way outstanding pace mate! I never thought that someone would have driven into the 2.1x.xxx! (Let's make someone jump on their seats :roflmao: :roflmao: )

PS I'm obviously just joking! In any case being 1.5s behind you on a relatively long track makes me having high expectations for the race! If only I didn't exaggerate with the weight of my workout yesterday morning.. I can't bend my left arm fully today :cry: I'll be the Robert Kubica of the Mazdas

We had a race with the MFT01 kart on a Silverstone kart layout last night and it was amazing! The MFT01 has a suspension and a grip level that makes you feel like it's an F1 car. You can drive over the curbs like the F1s do. The MFT01 also has DRS, making it even more like an F1 experience. With only 9 drivers we had a very intense race but a lot of fun.

I want to give you, the 'Wednesday guys', the chance to experience this too. So if you want, in the near future I will organize an MFT01 race on Wednesday instead of the multiclass.
All 2021 and 2022 F1 circuits are available. I would recommend Baku to take full advantage of the DRS, but let me know if you want another one. Monaco is great, but less suitable for DRS use.

It takes a few laps to get used to the kart's very direct steering, but it feels very realistic and when I look at the F1 onboards, it's quite similar.
So give this post a "Like" if you want to try this and a "Sad" if you don't.
You can also indicate your preference for a track.

Last edited:
We had a race with the MFT01 kart on a Silverstone kart layout last night and it was amazing! The MFT01 has a suspension and a grip level that makes you feel like it's an F1 car. You can drive over the curbs like the F1s do. The MFT01 also has DRS, making it even more like an F1 experience. With only 9 drivers we had a very intense race but a lot of fun.

I want to give you, the 'Wednesday guys', the chance to experience this too. So if you want, in the near future I will organize an MFT01 race on Wednesday instead of the multiclass.
All 2021 and 2022 F1 circuits are available. I would recommend Baku to take full advantage of the DRS, but let me know if you want another one. Monaco is great, but less suitable for DRS use.

It takes a few laps to get used to the kart's very direct steering, but it feels very realistic and when I look at the F1 board, it's quite similar.
So give this post a "Like" if you want to try this and a "Sad" if you don't.
You can also indicate your preference for a track.
Wow! I'm sure it would be awesome! and for someone like me that finds it hard to have the time for more than one race in a week, it's nice to meet the same people but have the opportunity to taste something different every now and then.

Oh, and now for something completely off-topic.. but I'm surprising myself, now that the MINI starts showing the weight of the years it has (14 already..) searching for a replacement, even if it's something that won't happen before next year (just to have an idea of the next car). Up until now I was simply taking into account the next iteration of the same car I have (the Clubman R55) so going for the F54, but as of late I'm having a look at Abarths 500.. you guys are biasing me :D
Completely different cars, I know, but now that all the sons grew up I don't need a "big" car anymore. It has to be fun to drive..

Wow! I'm sure it would be awesome! and for someone like me that finds it hard to have the time for more than one race in a week, it's nice to meet the same people but have the opportunity to taste something different every now and then.

Oh, and now for something completely off-topic.. but I'm surprising myself, now that the MINI starts showing the weight of the years it has (14 already..) searching for a replacement, even if it's something that won't happen before next year (just to have an idea of the next car). Up until now I was simply taking into account the next iteration of the same car I have (the Clubman R55) so going for the F54, but as of late I'm having a look at Abarths 500.. you guys are biasing me :D
Completely different cars, I know, but now that all the sons grew up I don't need a "big" car anymore. It has to be fun to drive..
It must be great to drive those in the Dolomites! Jealous guy here!

Latest News

Back