HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

2009-fiat-500-abarth-review-car-and-driver-photo-260871-s-original.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

SILVERSTONE SPECIAL WEEK!
For a lot a F1 teams this weekend is their home race: Silverstone! This week you have the chance to get to know the track very well as we have 4 events here in total. Tonight it's the multiclass.
This fast circuit has a lot of famous corners like Luffield, Copse and the Maggotts/Becketss combination with in between long straights. Again interesting to see how the Abarths will hold their own with the Mazda's.

It's a multiclass and for some more excitement and action we bend the rules a bit: BLUE FLAGS CAN BE IGNORED IF THE LAPPING CAR IS FROM A DIFFERENT CLASS!

Silverstone-GP-2021.png

So join us for another exciting race and:

Sign up here (Password: same as last week, otherwise post in this thread and I will send you a PM with it.):

It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 1.15 hour - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (19:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Silverstone, UK
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: between 21 and 39 (variation applied)
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

I hate Silverstone.:unsure::unsure::sick::cry:
I feel you, brother ( Örks :sick:)

As for home circuit, you can live a few hours away from Hockenheim GP and hate it non the less. ( cost me a set of tyres and brakes in two 20min stints)

Ameisen Kurve ( Ant corner) is no joke for your car :mad:

But Han, please let the moaning not detere you from living out your bizare wonderful ideas.
Firstly, theres always someone bitching
and secondly we are all old enough to not sign up if we think we are not strong enough ;)

MFG Carsten

( BTW, going to S.GP now :coffee:)

Hmph, after chkdsk /r it's now up and running again, at least for now.
No excuse to buy a new PC with i9-11900K + RTX 3090 just yet... :laugh:

On-topic: this race seems to be Mazda's race pretty easily.
Yes you were after only a few laps faster than my PB with the Abarth.
On fresh tyres and with 100% grip I think the Abarth can come close but quite soon the left front gets worn causing understeer in almost every corner.
So on race pace the Mazda's will have the edge.
And the Abarths will probably need a tyre change also.

That's why it's a multiclass so the first three Abarth drivers will also get a podium.

Last edited:
Ah, the home of motor racing. The grandstands are made of 1970s scaffolding, the surrounding infrastructure consists entirely of a roundabout off a dual carriageway, and most of the circuit is completely flat and off-camber. And I wouldn't change an inch of it. It's glorious.

I'll obviously be spending most of my practice time rehearsing my Lewis Hamilton victory speech (we have the best crowds here, I love this place man, I'm so blessed), and if I find a couple of hours in between, I'll just stare lovingly at pictures of the BRDC building at Woodcote. Up in Liverpool we're not really known for our sense of national pride ('Scouse not English' is the common term), but for some reason I make an exception when it comes to Silverstone.

Signed up in the MX5 because crab-walking through Copse should be reserved exclusively for the walk back to the campsite after 10 cans of warm cider :p The Abarth faithful might have a few brown trousers moments keeping it planted through there on hot, worn fronts.

PS: As for 'home circuits', correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think too many Scotsmen would refer to a track in Milton Keynes as 'home', especially with Knockhill nestled away in sunny Dunfermline ;)

Last edited:
Ah, the home of motor racing. The grandstands are made of 1970s scaffolding, the surrounding infrastructure consists entirely of a roundabout off a dual carriageway, and most of the circuit is completely flat and off-camber. And I wouldn't change an inch of it. It's glorious.

I'll obviously be spending most of my practice time rehearsing my Lewis Hamilton victory speech (we have the best crowds here, I love this place man, I'm so blessed), and if I find a couple of hours in between, I'll just stare lovingly at pictures of the BRDC building at Woodcote. Up in Liverpool we're not really known for our sense of national pride ('Scouse not English' is the common term), but for some reason I make an exception when it comes to Silverstone.

Signed up in the MX5 because crab-walking through Copse should be reserved exclusively for the walk back to the campsite after 10 cans of warm cider :p The Abarth faithful might have a few brown trousers moments keeping it planted through there on hot, worn fronts.

PS: As for 'home circuits', correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think too many Scotsmen would refer to a track in Milton Keynes as 'home', especially with Knockhill nestled away in sunny Dunfermline ;)

Knockhill is absolutely my home track, 30 miles away.

I believe I can make the race, even though my PC problems continue. It looks like my 12 months old SSD is more or less busted, sometimes after BSD I got a "boot device not found" error, and even now with that SSD in an external enclosure the drive sometimes disappears, and I have to connect it again.
Fortunately I switched to a bigger SSD last summer so I still have the old but smaller SSD. I just need to backup everything from the misbehaving SSD to my NAS and then get the AC installation on the old SSD up-to-date.
That shouldn't take more than this weekend, so I'll still have plenty of time for practicing.

And sorry about going off-topic again.

3 Abarths vs 11 Mazdas?

Can't I persuade more ppl to join the crabwalking procession?

This track is actually pretty ok with the Abarth, except the Becketts, I get an heart attack every other lap there :cool:

3 Abarths vs 11 Mazdas?

Can't I persuade more ppl to join the crabwalking procession?

This track is actually pretty ok with the Abarth, except the Becketts, I get an heart attack every other lap there :cool:
I think there will be a few more but even if not, it can still be interesting as the Abarths can battle the Mazda's anytime.

I believe I can make the race, even though my PC problems continue. It looks like my 12 months old SSD is more or less busted, sometimes after BSD I got a "boot device not found" error, and even now with that SSD in an external enclosure the drive sometimes disappears, and I have to connect it again.

If you want to poke around with the old SSD, this guide helped me out with a windows system that was having boot issues recently - https://linuxhint.com/ubuntu_boot_repair_tutorial/

Though just upgrading to a bigger SSD sounds like a good alternative too :geek:

Latest News

Back