AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Miami Bayside, Wed 21st June 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Gentlemen, I might not make it tonight... :(
I have a bunch of things to do this afternoon and most likely I will not be ready by the time practice starts.
If I make it in time for the race I will join, otherwise I might just drop by for a hello.
@HF2000 if the grid gets full just let me know/kick me out.

Enjoy the race, the track is loads of fun once you get the hang of it.
At least that's what I learned in yesterday's minivan challenge. :D

Cheers!

Gentlemen, I might not make it tonight... :(
I have a bunch of things to do this afternoon and most likely I will not be ready by the time practice starts.
If I make it in time for the race I will join, otherwise I might just drop by for a hello.
@HF2000 if the grid gets full just let me know/kick me out.

Enjoy the race, the track is loads of fun once you get the hang of it.
At least that's what I learned in yesterday's minivan challenge. :D

Cheers!
Just jump in at any time, Ricardo. You know the track well so even in the race you will get the hang of it after a few laps.

Hy Bob,

great to hear.

And no, you can impede your vision every which way you like ;)

But: I´d strongly advise you to use cockpit view with the correct FOV for your seating position as your vision/brain now get´s similar cues as when you´re driving your real car.
At least in theory that should make your driving more precise and consistent.

You can enter the data in the CM "triple screen app
Sit in your running car (having pressed go) and mouse to the right side of your screens, ingame apps apear:

View attachment 673552

AC/CM hints:

as you struggle with performance ( get off your lazy ass and build a 21st century computer [hope that helps]) go light on apps.

If the "car´s cockpit" doesn´t provide enough information maybe try "Sidekick" it should add only a light CPU load. (RD download page)

Pitstops can be configured in the setup pages, "no change" means you don´t want to change tyres.

When you´ve done a few laps the fuel page should give you an estimate how much fuel you´l need for race distance.

With Han fudging with tyre wear and fuel consumption but also demands a mandatory pitstop it´s mostly quickest to only do a "splash and dash" meaning cutting pit stop time to a minimum by refuelling one liter.

(should some thing unforeseen happen ( not to mention someone cocking up fuel calculation
which ofcourse has never happened to me :cautious:
) you can change the pit stop settings midrace with the arrow keys on your keyboard.)

Have fun, hope to see you soon.

Carsten
Thank you Ive always driven in cockpit view. Not going to make the race ... I practiced too much yesterday and am very sore. However, I really encouraged by yesterdays driving. Think I'm going to make it back; after 4 spinal surgeries you sometimes wonder if the pain will ever go away.

Thanks for everyones help getting me running and I'll see y'all on the grid.

Thank you Ive always driven in cockpit view. Not going to make the race ... I practiced too much yesterday and am very sore. However, I really encouraged by yesterdays driving. Think I'm going to make it back; after 4 spinal surgeries you sometimes wonder if the pain will ever go away.

Thanks for everyones help getting me running and I'll see y'all on the grid.
Take care, Bob
Don't rush your recovery!
Maybe practice a little less and join the race with the focus on having fun!
If you're off the pace but keep the car on track, you probably will not finish last.

Just watched the replay of the 2nd/3rd lap, feel so sorry for Doug and Reik - the replay shows me passing them both, then when 2 cars lengths ahead, my car stopped in front of them:unsure: That's some 'stutter'. Sorry to both of you guys:(
(glad I hadn't put loads of laps practice in though!)

Last edited:
Nice track, but no practice through the week, so no pace. Did 8 laps yesterday to memorize the track, but that's not enough for me, not enough base speed yet.

PB'd in qualy, so okay there. Race was fun with a great variation of brilliant moves (ahum), collecting beautiful flowers and a few laps of okay pace. With a PB in the last lap :cool: . Saw Colin a lot, played with Kimi one or two laps, but not enough pace to offer some good battles.

All in all quite enjoyable, nice track!

Congrats Fulvio, Reik and... (drumroll....) Robert! Great pace man!

Thanks Han, keep it up!

Last edited:
Just watched the replay of the 2nd/3rd lap, feel so sorry for Doug and Reik - the replay shows me passing them both, then when 2 cars lengths ahead, my car stopped in front of them:unsure: That's some 'stutter'. Sorry to both of you guys:(
ah, bummer, unfortunate for you man :(. It was nice to see you enter the race just before the start, hope you can make it to more races!

Don't worry, John, nothing any of us could have done with that level of warping.

Qualified 9th and picked up a couple of places in the opening lap then the above incident knocked me back in places and time.

I didn't want to get a drive through so was ultra cautious and as a result only got into the 2.17s in the closing laps.

Had some nice battles and got to within 3 seconds of Wayne but Allan was chasing me down and when he got past I was out of my rhythm and Wayne had a gap that I couldn't close.

P8 at the end thanks to penalties and incidents ahead of me. I'll take it!

These street circuits are my friends. When can we run Barcelona city again :D Sending over the chicane and holding on was quite an experience. Great pick Han!

Reik I was disappointed you didn't pit earlier, I was hoping you'd come out behind me and hold fulvio up :laugh: Great pace you both (and others too, good fight with Thomas for a bit and Jason was tracking me down before a missed gear ). I saw that 2:13:9 in there fulvio :confused:

Didn't see much warping but didn't find myself super close to people too much either. Shame it's still knocking some people off track :(

Great racing as always, see you next time :thumbsup:

Latest News

Back