AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Miami Bayside, Wed 21st June 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Pulled a hamstring yesterday trying to outrun my grandson and son. Nearly did it until i payed the price. Damn it hurts.
More importantly my clutch leg is not happy with me on my rig.
I really like this track but may not be able to race.
So, if i do. I will say now that if i do not come in 1st place it is only because of my leg.
How is that for an excuse?
Take it easy Steve and get better soon!

That would be funny if it weren´t so damn true :(

Steve,
please be careful and listen to your Doctor.
I had "quite some fun" with a torn muscle from a botched sprint at a Paintball tournament.
(and I was in my 30ies then.:cry:)

Ouch, Steve, sorry to hear that. Hopefully you have a quick recovery.

I have just started playing badminton again after a 20+ year break and my (56 year old) knees, ankles and left achilles are all sore. Playing again tomorrow evening so hoping that I'll still be fine for Wednesday.

Please be carefull there, a colleague of mine popped his Achilles tendon while playing volleyball for the first time in years.
(he´s a retired soldier /fighter pilot and a few years younger than me.)
It´s been years before the plague and he´s still walking funny :(

So now we should treat ourselfs like the engines of a vintage barnfind car.

Get ourself thouroughly checked out and then slowly built up to speed ;)

(and now you may guess who listens to his own advice :rolleyes:)

Hi guys just a quick question
I signed up in the MX 5 last race but I thought I'd try out the Abarth for this race am I aloud to change cars ???
Hi Joe, Sure! Although it's registered as a championship, this one is for single events. I use the Championship format only because it's very convenient for me as an organizer.

Later this year I will organize a true championships with these to cars on the @Fat-Alfie tracks.

That would be funny if it weren´t so damn true :(

Steve,
please be careful and listen to your Doctor.
I had "quite some fun" with a torn muscle from a botched sprint at a Paintball tournament.
(and I was in my 30ies then.:cry:)

Please be carefull there, a colleague of mine popped his Achilles tendon while playing volleyball for the first time in years.
(he´s a retired soldier /fighter pilot and a few years younger than me.)
It´s been years before the plague and he´s still walking funny :(

So now we should treat ourselfs like the engines of a vintage barnfind car.

Get ourself thouroughly checked out and then slowly built up to speed ;)

(and now you may guess who listens to his own advice :rolleyes:)

Thanks Carsten. I have invested in some proper footwear with support and cushioning now. Playing tonight so will take it easy and see how it goes.

Great track - I'm struggling big time with it but good fun. Douglas is spot on, I can only find any sort of consistency avioiding the kerbs altogether even though I know with a little more risk there is some time there.

I am in complete awe at the time Allan has has set but having witnessed him in practice a few times now and especially here, let's just say he's not scared to explore the limits :roflmao:

Hy Bob,

great to hear.

And no, you can impede your vision every which way you like ;)

But: I´d strongly advise you to use cockpit view with the correct FOV for your seating position as your vision/brain now get´s similar cues as when you´re driving your real car.
At least in theory that should make your driving more precise and consistent.

You can enter the data in the CM "triple screen app
Sit in your running car (having pressed go) and mouse to the right side of your screens, ingame apps apear:

tsa.PNG

AC/CM hints:

as you struggle with performance ( get off your lazy ass and build a 21st century computer [hope that helps]) go light on apps.

If the "car´s cockpit" doesn´t provide enough information maybe try "Sidekick" it should add only a light CPU load. (RD download page)

Pitstops can be configured in the setup pages, "no change" means you don´t want to change tyres.

When you´ve done a few laps the fuel page should give you an estimate how much fuel you´l need for race distance.

With Han fudging with tyre wear and fuel consumption but also demands a mandatory pitstop it´s mostly quickest to only do a "splash and dash" meaning cutting pit stop time to a minimum by refuelling one liter.

(should some thing unforeseen happen ( not to mention someone cocking up fuel calculation
which ofcourse has never happened to me :cautious:
) you can change the pit stop settings midrace with the arrow keys on your keyboard.)

Have fun, hope to see you soon.

Carsten

Latest News

Back