AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Donington1938, Wed 21st September 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I find setup more important for driveability than laptimes, at least wirh the MX5.

As long as your tyre pressures are at or close to 27psi setup changes do change the overall behaviour of the car, but within 3laps of adjusting my driving inputs I'm back to my former (mediocre) pace.

Only exception would be "paved over Moto Cross tracks Luke Donnington 1938 where rideheight to low would be punished by bottoming out/riding the bump stops which would result in the car hopping out of Turn1.

As for Voice Chat, I really enjoy the banter ;)

MFG Carsten

Later on, on the start/finish straight, Raul asked me where I wanted to overtake him, so I said "after T1". I lined up for the overtake but he didn't really slow down so we went side by side in T2 and T3 where I suddenly got oversteer and went into the earthen embankment and the car began tumbling around. Magically I came back on 4 wheels and even on the right side of the embankment.

I did lift at the second corner, all the way to the spot where your Abarth took flight. I saw you were on the left and was surprised you didn't swept pass by me at/after that second corner, so I kept at half-throttle (to avoid skidding the car), kept to the right and left you space... but you took it quite literally with that "lift-off" Nasa-style! :confused: Apologies mate.

Last edited:
Han, glad you enjoyed the chat in the race but I personally had to switch it off most of the time as it as broke my concentration. From my point of view there was way too much non-essential noise. If others are happy with that much noise then fine but I probably missed some important info. Maybe limit it to when you need to communicate with another driver?
Yes this was a bit selfish of me. I'm quite capable to shut myself off from the chatter when I need to and enjoy it when it can (straight).

Last edited:
By the way from your experience: are the speeds in replay of other cars accurate or not? Did compare some corner speeds and actually they cant be accurate.
Yes, the discrepancy will be larger when you set the replay quality lower.
The game simply saves information at a lower frequency and it tries to interpolate the 'missing' pieces. There will of course be more 'missing' when stuff is saved less often.
It's fairly similar to seeing someone with a high ping.

Just saw the replay. For a laugh, look at my car in lap 28.

I also watched the race from Fulvio's car and now I'm seriously doubting my knowledge of the English language.
Apparently nobody understands my call for being very careful in turn 1 :( .

Can one of the UK guys please translate it next time?

Just saw the replay. For a laugh, look at my car in lap 28.

I also watched the race from Fulvio's car and now I'm seriously doubting my knowledge of the English language.
Apparently nobody understands my call for being very careful in turn 1 :( .

Can one of the UK guys please translate it next time?
did u saw how kimi was defending i had to pit for not fight with him and risk an incident Edit : also rewatching the replay sry Callum

Last edited:
did u saw how kimi was defending i had to pit for not fight with him and risk an incident
I didn't see the whole race but did you contact him on that?

Our policy is that the drivers first talk to eachother and if they disagree and can't live with that they can send an official report to the admin.

we can live with that no need to report was aggressive but is ok . i only want to report 1 player was flying around the track
20220922185539_1.jpg

Last edited:
i went to check the result for understand a little before checking the replay if u was having trouble on donington cuz u was pissed off after the race and i found a strange fact . sm1 stole Allan engine before the start
lmao.png

Last edited:
I think everyone knows i love my little Mazda..I,ve raced Donnington 38 a lot..Out of curiosity i gave the Crab-walking Shitbox a go..Absolute terrible,but after quite a few laps on default, i started tweeking,more laps, more tweeking,many hrs,DAYS,more tweeking, to the point i was in the low 2.00 minutes and actually starting to like the thing...soooo i thought for a laugh, for a surprise,for a shock, at the last min swap to the Abarth,give the Abarth Top Dogs a run for there money.Well....come to start the nights racing i found myself in a Mazda???,not even my racing colours either.Han i believe, for him to be a laugh switched me back to the mazda at the last min....Im more pissed at the lost time i spent on it, and i drove a long boring race on my own,when in fact i probably could have had a good battle with the top 5..Iknow its not personal,i accept Hans apology, of course i do,was just so looking forward to a good scrap...Rant Over..

Latest News

Back