AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Donington1938, Wed 21st September 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
haven't used AC in a while and I'm getting terrible screen tearing. Any ideas what I can do? it is right across the monitor and directly on the line I want to look at ahead.:sick:

sounds about right,
Sounds like you disabled vsync and have a fps limiter at 60 fps on at the same time?
sounds about right, but it was like that before I disabled vsync. somehow there is a limiter on FPS which I've never had before, as I used to see very high frame rates for my system but now it only shows 60FPS. any idea on how or where I can remove that?

just about to try but I think that was it, the GPU setting for FR. the one in CM was not active. fingers crossed.
yep that was it. thank you so much and @RasmusP too, that was horribly vomit inducing. now I'm seeing 252FPS. :D
Hehe yeah limiting the FPS to your Hz WITHOUT vsync is absolutely awful since you're not only getting tearing, but the tearing border barely move and just slowly crawl up/down depending on the very tiny fluctuations of the limiter and the exact Hz.

Now at 250 FPS, you still have the tearing borders, but they are way smaller and the difference between the multiple frames that are getting displayed at the same time is way smaller, which makes the tearing borders even less noticeable.
Well, he SEES 252 FPS, but with tearing borders and at 60 Hz, he's mostly getting 4 frames displayed at the same time and the tearing borders move down in 1/6th frame-height steps every frame :D
When playing a bit of Counter-Strike as a teenager with a 60 Hz monitor, 200+ FPS looked perfect. Drops below that lead to ugly tearing borders though...
v-sync or limiting fps (even with the 59.97 fps trick from RTSS) made the mouse a lot less snappy.
Definitely not important with wheel & pedals though :whistling:

GOOD NEWS!! @Fat-Alfie 's masterpiece Battenbergring is now available on S.GP! This week I will publish the championships on S.GP. The start will be two weeks later to have enough time for everyone to sign up. More information here: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...championship-including-battenbergring.239272/

As a warmup I'm organizing next Tuesday a race with the chosen cars on Sebring. Look here: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...h-200-sebring-tue-27th-september-2022.249464/

It's a great opportunity to get to know the cars and have some learnings for the championship.

Hi Herkus,

You're very welcome!
I will send you the password in a PM.

Would you please also enter your real name in you RD account/account details? There's a field called Real Name and it's one of our rules to fill it if you're using a nickname here. It should be the same name as you're using on S.GP.

Then as you're new with us, please read everything in the first post very carefully especially our rules (link) and the coloured letters.
Discord isn't mandatory but it's highly recommended to join the voice chat during the event to hear my last minutes instructions and to give and get directions to other drivers in the race.

See you on track!

WTF!!!! Allan switched to the Abarth!!!!
1663782706497.png

EDIT: I'm sorry Allan. I just couldn't let you get away with that!

Last edited:

Latest News

Back