AC Multiclass Abarth 500/Mazda MX5@Feldbergring, Wed 22nd June 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I´m quite sure he nows a short cut.

Got a little closer, but afraid I have to pass you under "Double Yellow" ( when you go for a stroll into the beautyfull scenery :rolleyes:)

Fingers crossed our disponent found someone else for tomorrow, I may still be able to attend.

It stays exciting :cautious:

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
Han and Allan are battling it out for bragging rights at the moment. I won't be in the mix at the front but I am happy with my personal improvement.

It's going to be an interesting and challenging race. Through the village and the next two sets of corners will be scary with low grip, full tanks and 19 cars!

I'll try a shortcut through the bakery! :roflmao:

Finally managed some laps and chipped away 5 sec. from my PB last time we raced here. Gotta make the most of practice time on wednesday to up my pace.

Great improvement, Raul. I forgot that there was a race there already, I missed that one so it explains why I had (and still have) some catching up to do.

You can get them on S.GP John
Thanks Allan, but the only ref to times I can find is lap records....
Screenshot 2022-06-22 132644.jpg

.....but not the times set for this event. Pls can you point me in the right direction? :)

Thanks Allan, but the only ref to times I can find is lap records....View attachment 576140

.....but not the times set for this event. Pls can you point me in the right direction? :)

It's a bit long winded but you can click on a driver on SGP that you have raced with, or are scheduled to race with. That will show their stats and also previous races.

If you then click on the race/ track you are interested in you can see details of practice, qualifying and race. From that you can see fastest times, etc.

There may be a quicker way but I have not worked it out.

For reference, Allan raced this one previously in the Mazda, I didn't.

I cant login to simracing.gp. Page does not load after clicking login. Does anyone else has this problem? Whats todays server name?

Fun night! Han was right when he said this track is great. I'm glad we'll be driving here in the next championship. My first time in it and I've enjoyed it (but I prefer Nordschleife hahaha).
So good to meet Steve Hayward and Mika Hakala, two drivers with whom I've had very nice battles in THR :) Mika is in very good form lately and tonight again. And Steve and I have been driving like two synchronized clocks for the most part of the race. Before pits, a 2.5s gap permanently. After pits, I took air and could manage a bit bigger gap.

Although I've had a lot of fun, I've been involved in a few incidents. I'm sorry if I didn't react fast enough in two moments, in both the driver in front having slid. I was so close that I didn't predict these errors. Sorry if I made them worse :cry: I'd say one driver was Paulo Moreno.
And again in the first laps I've found a car reversed in the middle of the track and I've crashed against it. The driver with whom I was fighting dodged the car by going to the right. I decided to go to the left, a bit worse decision, but the problem was that the driver decided to move the car! :( That caused a very big impact and a lot of positions+seconds lost. Thanks for this light 10% damage haha It's definitely better to stay still than moving, waiting until a clear situation, otherwise it's a disaster for the drivers coming.

Waiting for the event on Sunday and more Mazda vs Abarth (not available next Wednesday, though). Tonight I wasn't brave to use manual clutch and H-shifter, but it's a target for me. I tested it in Highlands short and I was 0.5 s slower yet. However, I think manual clutch seems to be a great advantage while braking, isn't it?

See you guys!

Last edited:
If someone is looking for Bono,
he´s lying dead under the trailer :mad:
( because someone very, very stupid scheduled a pitstop WITH tyre change:mad:
:mad:)

So I went into the pits on P3 and came out P8 :cry:
the nice and good strategy to keep in clear air for as long as possible and than do a splash´n´dash shot to bits by a clerical error.

On another note, I´ll have my beer now after I changed my pants.
( Doug has a little oopsie on the corner into the "isn´t straight" and I t-boned him. sorry for that.)

The pant´s got filled up completely when Thomas spectacularly commited suicide on the outside of T1 and again offered his codriver door for a T-bone:confused:.

Suicide small.png

Luckily I could deploy some evasion technics and avoid killing him.

After that some more lapping on fresh tyres (which didn´t give me an advantage I fear)
Paul let me by. From the leaderboard I take it he still had to pit so cheers mate, fair move :thumbsup:

In the end drove ok, tactics were sound, ****ed it up the pits.
(May i go to bed now, Miss )

Unhappy Carsten

And of course :
great racing guys, fair exchange and especially Han thanks for organizing ;)

Last edited:
Set my fastest time in qualifying for p9. I should be disappointed with a p17 finish but I am not really as I had some great battles but was undone by 3 small errors and one big one.

First error was sitting on the grid as the lights were about to go out and realising I was still on qualifying fuel (20 litres). Giving me a strategy issue.

Got a good start and was playing it safe and not trying anything too silly. Was keeping up with Carsten and squeezed past when he made a small mistake. Second error was a half spin on the last hairpin to had the place back to Carsten and 1-2 more.

Got my head down and into a rhythm then considered my pitstop. I was due to get 24 litres and couldn't change it as I couldn't remember my key mappings. In the end I pitted end of lap 4, got my 24 litres then reversed and then back into the pit to come out with full tank, hoping it was enough.

Focused on setting consistent laps and when the rest of the field started pitting I found myself in a big midfield battle. Raul, Colin, Robert, Daniel, Steve and I were all swapping places. Thanks to mistakes ahead and having better pace through a couple of sections I got towards the front of this battle then made my big mistake.

I lost focus and completely missed my braking for the big 3rd gear right hander, clouted the wall and spun around. I frantically tried to turn as I was blocking the track. By the time I did that I had lost about 35 seconds and 8 places.

I may have made up a couple at the end but made one more error pushing too hard through the village and lost 10 seconds bouncing around.

In amongst all that I set my fastest lap, 4.33.1, and had great fun. :)

Biggest positive was being able to follow and overtake without putting other drivers at risk and getting more comfortable with sliding the Mazda around and getting the tail out just enough but not too far.

Congratulations to Allan on the win.

Thanks to Han for organising and a great turn out.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back