AC Multiclass Abarth 500/Mazda MX5@Feldbergring, Wed 22nd June 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That would be the one that gave me a bit of a startle yesterday :p Luckily besides the initial spin, we didn't connect as I passed through the white cloud of smoke.

Not that there are any good spots to go off on this track lol, but I think Kimi was back soon after as we were close to the straight and the abarth had the "grunt" :)

Last edited:
This was an event and a half, wasn't it? Was amazing to see such a packed grid and it's been great reading everyone's race reports.

From a personal perspective my own race was an absolute shocker. I don't have the ability to find any kind of consistency on these long, challenging tracks.

Credit to Paulo, though - we were both having tough times in our Abarths and we spent the vast majority of the race neck-and-neck in a wonderful game of "who can crash the fewest times" :roflmao: A 20-second gap behind means nothing when you know you're inevitably a few corners away from another 3-point turn. Having someone to race against kept me from going insane over the course of the hour so thanks for the action Paulo.

Apologies to the leaders on the final sector - I was desperately trying to keep some pace as the gap closed so that I could allow Allan and Han to pass on the main straight, and ultimately this led to me parking my banged up crab sideways on no fewer than 2 really awkward spots, including that bloody hairpin. Hope I didn't affect anyone's result at such a late stage.

Thanks as always to Han for organising and congratulations to the podiums, extremely well-deserved results on this brutal course.

We're on my favourite patch of tarmac on the planet next week so there'll be no excuses for me if I have another howler! I best get practicing :D

Latest News

Back