rF2 Lada VFTS @ Hampton Downs - Thu 21 Jan 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Had a reasonable race. Got a great start and into 4th but made enough mistakes to drop back to 7th. Thanks to mistakes from others I managed to get back to 5th. Was about to get into a battle for 4th but the chequered flag beat me.....Needed a toilet break and drink top up and missed the start of race 2.

This car was nice! and a good combo with this track too:thumbsup:
Too bad I couldn't figure out how to go fast in it. :(

In R1 I could keep up with some of the people (no idea who though:unsure:.. thanks a lot, new UI!) until after a few laps I made my usual mistake and had a lonely race to the end.

In R2, I made no such mistake other than a slight tap on the back of Denis' car (I think:O_o:?) in lap 1. Sorry for that. However, even without further mistakes I was too slow to keep up with the pack, so I was all alone again from lap 4 to the penultimate lap, when suddenly someone came up behind me, and it wasn't the leader like in R1?? No idea what went on, but that car also passed me, so I think I finished last again?

I know there's no way around this for now, but I really don't like being unable to see who-is-who on track. It takes a lot of the fun away.. Just like being unable to see who is talking with this Discord website thing.

I'm not familiar with all of you guys' voices yet, and in TS I could use a really nice in-game overlay to see who was talking. And in TS I had a hotkey to f.e. mute my mic, and I could individually adjust volumes for ppl with soft or loud mics, and more.. So far I've found none of this on the Discord site, so I'm still clueless as to why this Discord is preferred over TS:O_o:
Must be old age, having trouble to adapt to new things...

Anyways, thanks all for racing, thanks Denis for the event :notworthy: and hope to CYA soon.

Hi Denis, many thanks for organising everything !

Had fun, learned a lot about tyre and fuel conservation.

Sincere thanks to all our racers as well.

See you next time.

PS Denis, where are we next week (and on what) please?

That was great after this long time of none racing. My first race was quiet nice I had an small chase with denis until I noticed I forgot to fuel up before the race. 2nd race I crashed in lap 2 I guess, couldn't get in the reverse on the track only in the pit. But it was awesome anyway, looking forward to next race.

What else to say but GREAT COMBO and GREAT FUN!!! Thanks @Denis Betty

Both of my races were very good (for my skill level).

Both positions just gained through consistency, not pace in te first spot.

Second race was great keeping @Yves Larose behind. Was hard mental work not maing mistakes. Well driven also from Yves, very consistent and fast!! 2nd Place finish felt really good!!

Cant wait for next weeks comco...will be mental for sure!!

Race 1:

Race 2:

Latest News

Back