With the news about ACC, do you think this will still be on the cards from SimBin?
We might be spoiled for choice....................or not?

At least now we know what GTR3 WONT be....:D
And you are saying it with a smile like you enjoy it?

It's not like the Blancpain GT Series are the only cool racing series out there. And the old SimBin didn't have a great relation with the SRO Group so I honestly never expected GTR3 to be around the Blancpain series.

With the news about ACC, do you think this will still be on the cards from SimBin?
We might be spoiled for choice....................or not?
From a business perspective this is a huge threat to gtr3. AC already has a large active user base to tap in to. In addition the new title looks pretty good in my opinion.

If I were SimBin I would be looking at WEC and aim to include LMP cars as a point of differentiation.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure both titles will be fantastic but if you're like me you will probably only buy one. There needs to be a significant difference between the two titles.

The AAC announcement is a shot across the bows of both Simbin and Sector 3, hopefully both of them are preparing something to reveal for the very near future.
Although RaceRoom currently has a good selection of GT 3 cars it will struggle to compete with a dedicated game.
Maybe time for them to look seriously at TCR as a follow-up to WTCC.

The AAC announcement is a shot across the bows of both Simbin and Sector 3
Although RaceRoom currently has a good selection of GT 3 cars it will struggle to compete with a dedicated game.

How do you figure that this is a shot to Sector3?

Are you just saying that... any game that has GT3 cars has competition from ACC now? And if so, why not go further and say, "the sims that dont even include any GT3 cars have competition from ACC now" since GT3's are popular and if you dont even have any.... you are kinda losing out on a lot of community interest. :p

Just checked with SimBin UK and I can quote them on the record: "GTR3 is still very much in the works".

So we can end the speculation :) More on GTR3 soon I hope.
Interesting info.

But my opinion is that GTR3 has been strongly staked by ACC.
vampireackpx.gif

Seems like Kunos can deliver, what most of us would expect from a GTR3.

Last edited:
How do you figure that this is a shot to Sector3?
Apart from some significant marques missing, S3 has an excellent GT3 roster, and coupled with the model quality and good physics it is a real strength in the game. I don't think I'm alone in hoping that this was heading in a certain direction.
With both DTM and WTCC gone I worry the focus may become diluted. So the ACC announcement may be a timely reminder that series experiences are a large part of RaceRoom's success.
On a broader note, I do think it's of interest that a leading sim has switched back to a specific series. After the release of PC2 with it's wide ranging spread of cars the Kunos announcement was a genuine surprise.
Best stop now before dragging the thread off topic.

Apart from some significant marques missing, S3 has an excellent GT3 roster, and coupled with the model quality and good physics it is a real strength in the game. I don't think I'm alone in hoping that this was heading in a certain direction.
With both DTM and WTCC gone I worry the focus may become diluted. So the ACC announcement may be a timely reminder that series experiences are a large part of RaceRoom's success.

Ahh alright, I see what you are saying and that makes sense to me now.

I would have to agree with you on this point as I have noticed myself having much of the same criticism for RR lately. Namely, Im worried the era of releasing a series or 'class packs' may have slipped away given recent releases of single cars that dont have any competition. The 911 cup, Cayman clubsport, BMW M235i as a few recent examples.

To that point what ACC seems to be doing, and what I would personally like to see GTR3 do, is focus on a series, flesh out the features/rules/series specific content... and execute on those things well.

If GTR3 can similarly capture what made GTR2 so special, that will be a job well done. And in that same sense, if ACC can accomplish that too, I will certainly enjoy it just like I enjoy all the currently available sims.

Lastly, just because Blancpain was snatched up, doesnt mean there are no more popular series out there to replicate. GT3 cars are certainly popular, but how enjoyable would a WEC sim be with GTE, LMP2, and LMP1's all roaring around tracks in UE4? Granted they may not be willing to deal, or the hypothetical license may cost way too much, but Im sure there is something GTR3 could come out with that would be appreciated.

Now... if they could just keep chugging along and pump out some new info... that would be nice :D

Interesting info.

But my option is that GTR3 has been strongly staked by ACC.
vampireackpx.gif

Maybe at least we know th
Interesting info.

But my option is that GTR3 has been strongly staked by ACC.
vampireackpx.gif

Maybe but at least we know this game is coming to consoles and for me I’m happy about it!

I might be wrong, but by putting two an two together with the news from the OP and the recent announcement, it seems possible (if not clear) that both Kunos Simulazioni and SimBin UK were bidding for the Blancpain GT Series licence to integrate it in their new game. The video with the BMW Z4 GT3 cars at Spa with the UE4 engine could have been part of the sales pitch (again, just my thoughts, no sources on this).

ACC has made the announcement we all know about, and SimBin has kept radio silence for quite a long time. Now they come with a twitter post saying they are still working on GTR3. Whether that will be some other GT series, or some other kind of cars altogether, that would be interesting to find out :)

I might be wrong, but by putting two an two together with the news from the OP and the recent announcement, it seems possible (if not clear) that both Kunos Simulazioni and SimBin UK were bidding for the Blancpain GT Series licence to integrate it in their new game. The video with the BMW Z4 GT3 cars at Spa with the UE4 engine could have been part of the sales pitch (again, just my thoughts, no sources on this).

ACC has made the announcement we all know about, and SimBin has kept radio silence for quite a long time. Now they come with a twitter post saying they are still working on GTR3. Whether that will be some other GT series, or some other kind of cars altogether, that would be interesting to find out :)
Could be something like British GT championship, same cars decent tracks etc. What it all comes down to is how detailed the execution is. If acc is just ac with a new engine and focus on single player championship it's going to be ok. If GTR3 is even half as good as GTR2 then we are in for a treat .

Last edited:
Could be something like British GT championship, same cars decent tracks etc. What it all comes down to is how detailed the execution is. If acc is just ac with a new engine and focus on single player championship it's going to be ok. If GTR3 is even half as good as GTR2 then we are in for a treat .
Probably will become the ADAC series as S3 all ready has the lisence

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.2%
  • Full game

Votes: 177 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 122 17.5%
  • Other PC related hardware