Must be a mistake on there part I think,
here the cars look incredible and smooth, I believe the camera settings for the distance might have issues or something, I cant believe in my mind that is what they have made, no way,
this is what games show these days sick looking cars,
GTR3 last screens shown.
gtr3-jpg.264285

Do you like the look of the new reveal image from GTR3? Are you excited to hear more of this new game?
That image alone looks amazing and I am excited to hear more from this new title...but I can wait patiently and then one day....BOOM....the entire finished Sim arrives for purchase on PC....heart beating with share excitement....wallet being ripped open to get money out....smashing on the 'Purchase' button...download you bas*&%$#d.....euphoria ensues.....ahhhh...errr...was I thinking out loud then:redface:

Last edited:
They said their strategy was to be a "stepping stone for Raceroom" and not go full sim. So that means they'll compete with the likes of Forza, GPSport, PCars2...etc. All of those titles have top notch graphics. Soooo...what exactly is it they're bringing to the table over those titles?

Its for those who can't drive GT3s in Raceroom even with all the aids turned on. So that means its going to compete with the likes of MarioKart which doesn't have such good graphics.

however just a few short hours ago SimBin Studios UK broke silence and revealed the very first public image of a car in game - showing off what are rather impressive graphical achievements in the Unreal 4 game engine

It sounds very dramatic when you say it that way, it all depends of your definition of "rather impressive graphical achievements" I suppose.

First, one image does in no way equal "footage", and second, I honestly don't understand why anyone would even consider this image to be anything close to "first car image reveal" apart from clickbaiting. Especially in the context of the post. When I saw it on their FB, the first thing that came to my mind definitely wasn't "wow, first car has been revealed!", it was "hey, look, they've posted a reminder they still exist and are working on a game, and added some random car image to it that may or more than likely may not have something to do with the game they're supposedly making".

oh, come on guys! Don't be so mean!... ;)
No we have to be harsh because right now they still have the chance to change things, they need to be told that this is wrong by their potential consumer base to understand that they are headed towards a lack of sales.

This is a niche genre of very hard hitting performers so they need to be hitting home runs out of the gate. This is a miss-step, it might not be nice but its better then them getting 50% of the expected sales because another sim did everything they do better.

I would feel embarrassed showing a mod that bad represented, looks like a LOD model,
really really surprised that is the best they can show us, was kinda excited, but not now.

can you us show better ?

you don't normally see wheels this close, I'm sure you can find some AC models with similar amount of segments on the wheels

plus, Unreal can very well support tesselation, so that additional tesselation happens in-game, and it might not be yet turned on

doesn't look bad to me personally , not sure what some of you are expecting

yeah, so many more polygons here, huh ?
CNTxsxu.jpg

this one is bit better
gXEyi6.jpg

I really think they should enroll some people who worked on GTR2 like David Wright or Mark Reynolds to assure a continuum between GTR2 and GTR3...and not only use GTR3 brand to sell a totally different product, because if this is the case then I would be very disappointed : we, the lovers of old gem GTR2, have strong expectations so let's hope they will not turn into illusions...

can you us show better ?

you don't normally see wheels this close, I'm sure you can find some AC models with similar amount of segments on the wheels

plus, Unreal can very well support tesselation, so that additional tesselation happens in-game, and it might not be yet turned on

doesn't look bad to me personally , not sure what some of you are expecting

yeah, so many more polygons here, huh ?
CNTxsxu.jpg

this one is bit better
gXEyi6.jpg

Not sure why you are comparing 5 years old models with this one,

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.0%
  • Full game

Votes: 178 25.3%