So there is no WEC license yet, but it was still used to get the attention for this GTR3 title? Not sure if that was a good idea looking at negotiations that still need to take place with the FIA. Also as a potential buyer of GTR3 and current owner of GTR1&2, I cannot say I like these kind of ‘tactics’.:cautious:

Interesting article. I started off a bit disappointed but slowly seem to understand where they are going, they are going after the pcars 2 sector which makes sense, it sold better then all the other sims and the career path in it is the best of any sim or simcade.

I do however get all or nothing vibes from it, they are self funding but the way they are talking and being in talks with WEC in a massive thing, that is by no means a small license, its likely seriously expensive and amassing a team larger then kunos even with their success has to have caused some financial strain.

Questions do still remain though, I'll wait to see if they are answered, I hope it does well though, the lack of mods in ACC has left a viable gap. Reiza could perhaps be the next popular team if their gmotor2 title ends well which I very highly doubt as I do believe that engine is flat out too advanced for its own good.

tenor (11).gif

Last edited:
Hmmm, ok bye
If it had been the other way around, I'd be interested
Yep... if they offer GT cars, or LMP2 and LMP1, they are not that hard to drive even if you go for hardcore simulation when you give them a nice balanced base setup, especially GT3. You dont need to dumb them down for the average joe to drive them like a F1 car, maybe P1 yeah but the rest no....
The hope will be for RR then.

Well this interview just let all the wind out of the sails. :(

The GTR name comes with expectations, because it is perhaps one of the best franchises for a focused product that is well executed in the driving game genre. To move completely away from what made those games great isnt going to win over any fans.

Im also not sure that designing the game to be even more mainstream and casual than RaceRoom was at release is a good idea. But if SimBin UK thinks they can beat 6 million players... good luck to them.

Beyond that... This article was delayed nearly 2 weeks because of a single picture of the Z4 at Spa? :cautious:

To me it sounds like this would have done more damage than it would have helped SimBin UK if this had released before Gamescom judging by the content in the article.

Cant help but chuckle at the repeated mentions of a good first impression too :p

Simcade...

It's very disappointing. GTR games were simulation. They were ahead of their time.

They are using now the GTR brand to confuse people. I expect they change the name and bring to life a new IP, because it's not fair for us and for the old games.

The WEC license stuff... Better not say anything. If they are angry now, they have reasons for it. Very stupid move in my opinion and it's another lie for the gamers.

I don't know guys, it's a shame.

I like some things, like the career mode and your concern about variety. I appreciate that.

Obviously the final game could be fun. I enjoyed Gran Turismo, Forza or Project Cars, but they are only for a relaxed time when I'm tired or when I want to watch an insane amount of cars very detailed (GT and Forza case, and I don't think is going to be the GTR case).

I wish you luck of course, I don't want bad things for you, but I'm very disappointed (and I'm sure a lot of people are).

“We see GTR3 as kind of the gateway. If people play it and love it, the next step would be RaceRoom. R3E is a solid simulation product, that’s not what GTR3 is going to be perceived as. It might fit the bill for some people, but it’s not going to be perceived as a ‘simulation’ title.

Well thats some dissapointing news.....what dissapoints me even more is if they plan on a release for Q2 or Q3 2019.
How long are we gonna have to wait for Raceroom to be updated 2020/21?
Cause it's really lacking in the engine department and still after 6 yrs of developement is missing alot of tech and features compared to other current titles.

Does Sector3 have plans to move to the unreal engine before GTR3 release?

It's gonna be difficult to convince casual racers that want more to move to raceroom that would have less features/tech/graphics if they wait for the after release to update the engine.

Simbin UK & Sector3 should just join forces, ditch GTR3 and work on getting Raceroom updated to todays standard which would also eliminate the "were a small dev team and slow developement" we hear so often.
To be honest after reading this article...you have no license, no publisher, no footage....really nothing except for a raceroom BMW Z4 gt3 from 3 gens ago running on UE4 ?

I vagely remember Deigo (former simbin/sector3 dev) saying Raceroom was gonna be a stepping stone for newcomers to racing sims....but now GTR3 plans to be a stepping stone to Raceroom?

When are you guys gonna return to your roots and create the SIM we've been promised and patiently waiting for?

I had high hopes for this till now......guess I will be buying ACC afterall

Last edited:

Latest News

Back