I don't mean it personal, Lestien. Just, the whole 'GTR3 bubble' from the past 2 weeks, it's becoming a really weird thing. Come with information, or take all 'possible, unconfirmed information from the web until there are things certain'.

You don't have to put on a screenshot of that message. Paul will come with that news sooner or later, and by telling everyone you had that conversation, with revealing information about that message, I don't think that's a clean way to respect the fact that Paul might have said things in a private environment.

so no gtr3 at gamescon? this is all just a bunch of bs, i won't believe this is actually a game now until real proof is shown

1147145892.jpg

I'll just wait then.

I'm not sure anyone from SIMBIN is reading these forums but, if you do, PLEASE give us relevant information.
GTR is a recognized and important series in the whole scene of sim-racing in particular, and racing-games in general, so should be "handled with care". As it is now, it's becoming pathetic.

I'm starting to agree with the fellow forum member who jested that this is giving similar vibes of LFS's new tire model and VW Scirocco. (which never happened, after being promised for years)
Don't be those guys, SIMBIN.
Vague information and excuses like "sorry, more info durings next months / next year" at this point is on the verge of alienating your most interested (potential) customers.

You can't release in-game videos or unedited screenshots? ...that's unbeliveable, but ok.
At least say something in concrete, with detail, about the content, the features, the development (etc).
GTR3 has been announced more than once, through the years, and at a point where there is something considered as competition (when there wasn't before, in the form of ACC), you should make sure your audience is informed. Not left in the darkness, as they are right now.

Last edited:
Fake news!

At this point I feel quite bad for RD. To me at least, I'm under the impression that SimBinUK took advantage of them in a really lame way and now RD is unsure what their next move should be.

Here is what I believe happened.

In Jan 2017, when this article was published, SimBinUK was literally just three or four people - some of which weren't actual developers but instead management types. They mocked up some shots in Unreal with help from Sector 3 (poorly, as some pointed out), then used their connections with RD to publish a piece on GTR 3. Their goal was to use this article and the reception as leverage to secure funding from a publisher so they could start hiring staff, and therefore make the game.

It would be like if I, personally, secured the rights to the name "Papyrus Motorsports", brought back the old logo, announced my friends "Richard" and "Ethan" were making a stock car game, and then did an interview with RD.

Judging by the complete lack of media over the past 18 months, now extending beyond the original target release, I can only presume that potential publishers did a bit of background research and saw this was all kind of sketchy. Desperation seemed to set in by the fall of '17, in which SimBinUK appeared to partner with a group that pushed a social justice rhetoric. This too, went nowhere.

I'm not anticipating an interview; I'm actually expecting RD to throw SimBinUK under the bus in either a redaction or apology article. Yes it'll be ugly and very PRC-like but this is beyond silly for a developer to continuously make use of a decent sim media outlet to announce a game they otherwise are unable to create.

I have no inside knowledge but that sounds plausible. I hope Sector 3 doesn't get tarnished by the debacle.

Still waiting on the outcome but Paul also holds some responsibility in this if it turns out to be false. Most journalists will tell you that you need two sources at a minimum and a tweet from an employee is hardly solid evidence.

Hopefully this is real and we don’t need to throw anyone under the bus.

Still waiting on the outcome but Paul also holds some responsibility in this if it turns out to be false. Most journalists will tell you that you need two sources at a minimum and a tweet from an employee is hardly solid evidence. Hopefully this is real and we don’t need to throw anyone under the bus.

I don't think we should be pointing fingers at Paul. RD isn't PRC, there aren't people trying to troll him into posting bogus news or actively trying to get the site closed, so it's understandable he'd let his guard down - especially if it was a dev of all people. I don't think anyone can really fault him for that. I certainly won't.

I do hope that whatever outcome, we get an article explaining what happened. I would equally like to read about and play GTR3 as I would like to hear about SimBinUK putting on a smoke and mirrors show by abusing the trust of a large sim media outlet.

I did already wonder if this is the greatest hoax in the history of Video gaming. It is truly an amazing story. :whistling::sneaky:

As a true gamer, I have to correct you, why limit yourself on only "gaming hoax" this is right next to those greatest like where's Jimmy Hoffa, who really shot Kennedy, was Elvis real and is Jesus still alive (or was it the other way around?:cautious:), did we actually land on a Moon, etc... :unsure:

Latest News

Back