Quick update. Typed up the interview then proceeded to have a system crash and lost it all.. :(

So going to go again tonight / tomorrow and try and get this thing out by Sunday.

Sorry chaps, this is becoming a PITA! lol. You've never understood boredom until you try and transcribe an audio file lasting over 1h in length, it really isn't a bag of fun...
5ba.png

Done :)

Going to check it tomorrow as I'm tired now, and just waiting on a picture or two from SimBin then we can publish :)

A little bit to whet the whistle:

"Q2 2019 release is definitely the aim, but we’ll be in the hands of the publisher. If they say that window is littered with good game releases, then we might need to move it to Q3 2019. We will be ready for Q2 for sure, but it could move to Q3 on a publisher point of view, so let’s see"

Think it's time for some much needed sleep now Paul!
Thanks for all the work you do bringing us the latest on all these titles. Would love to be able to actually buy you a beer one day but until then please accept the likes on YouTube, that I'm also subscribed to, and the odd virtual pint on here too. :thumbsup:

Q3 2019? Oh well, we have the first broken promise then. :(

When did they ever promise to release in 2018? They planned to release in 2018. How often are games released on their initial planned release? Pretty much never. Was AC delayed? Yes. Was pCARS delayed? Yes. I worked on GTR2 and it was released after its initial planned release.

This is why developers are often reluctant to communicate with the community. Intentions are so often interpreted as promises.

We have a new sim to look forward to. We know that the devs have strong links with Sector3, so it seems we have good reason to expect it to be of good quality. We can expect it to release in less than a year. That's something to be thankful for, in my book. Glass half full. :)
You should try waiting for the next A Song of Ice and Fire book. :roflmao:

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gtr-3-by-simbin-coming-in-2018.131230/
Developers should stay silent until the game is ready in my opinion. That way the community wouldn't make the mistake to interpret their intentions as promises.
But it's cool to see a developer that for once says that the release date is decided by the publisher.

To be fair to you RaceDeparment could be more careful in their headline wording. The article says "Simbin plan to launch GTR3 in 2018" but the headline to the article "GTR3 by Simbin Coming in 2018" implies more certainty than it should.

Latest News

Back