Two sources are enough for us to bring this as news. But as SimBin employees are currently browsing the site and reading this article as well we are happily told we are wrong by them and are actively spreading false information.

Not surprised in the slightest. When 2 sources are enough (not even credible ones), you're bound to make mistakes at some point.

Interesting. Where do you think they'll go next. IMSA maybe? Capture the American market?
When I first heard about ACC and Blancpain License, I immediately sent a tweet to Kunos asking them if in the future would have been possible to have IMSA license as well, to have the best of both world, litterally :D
In all truth, with a 2 years agreement with SRO, I find it really hard for Kunos to have IMSA license as well. Not to mention Kunos then need to go to USA to scan the tracks and work with the official teams, taking hi-res photos, audio recording as so on.

Getting back to the topic: FINALLY! :inlove:
I'd love to see also pics of cars running in the wild of a race track, rather than sitting nice and shiny in a garage...:p

Let's wait until the Gamescon preview. It's rather strange to see the 911 GT3R (plus those Z4 screenshots) and then announce a WEC game.
Just trying to figure that out.

Could it be that those shots were created years ago, maybe they were made when pitching for the license? Maybe they went for blancpain, ACC snapped it up so went for wec instead?

I dunno, I'm guessing.

Well, as ACC brands itself as "The offical Blancpain GT series game", I think other series which are not related to Blancpain will be hard to include due to licensing. I think they will add the Lamborghini Supertrofeo as it was already in AC and races together with a couple of Blancpain races. But I don't see anything more coming there...
I think he wanted to say that GT3 is the first leg, since Blancpain has The UltraCar GT1 series, the GT Challenge, GT Sportclub, the GT3 Asia, the British GT Championship, the GT4 series...

Pumped for this, get the feels of when GP4 was coming out! Hope the demo at Gamescom is amazing and it is almost Gold for release. Would also be great to have someone interview the devs. I do believe like others that it is multiple seasons of WEC and maybe IMSA too which would be outstanding.
giphy.gif

The most interesting thing for me is the choice of engine. Sims today are quite complex beasts and if you don't have skilled physics programmer you will struggle with the car physics engine. Starting from scratch is a long process so I'm thinking gtr3 will use one of the existing engines. The options list is pretty much rf1, rf2 and assetto. Or are they going to be using modified rf1 engine like raceroom? Does raceroom have things like weather and day/nigh cycle for example? I'd love to see someone make a new engine. More competition is always better.

Guys, for those in doubt I can confirm this is fact, official, not fake news, confirmed at the highest level etc etc.

Leave it with me, I'm meeting the SimBin UK CEO tomorrow and more news will follow.

Also, this backs up something I've known about for over a year, but not been allowed to say ;)

Also, Also! The original images on our reveal article in 2017 featuring the BMW... please remember, as I said at the time, those were from the "proof of concept" work going on at SimBin to test the capability of UE4 using RaceRoom assets. I've seen them in action, and they looked great, but again I'm not allowed to either show that or talk about it :) Worth noting too that the UE4 BMW images were very rough and early, and of course content built for GTR3 will be made for UE4, rather than transporting content from R3E that was build specifically for that engine..

Needless to say we bring the news first because I / we have a very good relationship with SimBin and Sector3 and other studios, and as such you can bank on plenty more exclusive content and news coming soon :thumbsup:

Then I would have wait a day with refering to sources you can use and after you have had the official interview with CxO level. In stead of bring 'tabloid like' news. Please don't loose credibility.

Fact is that a VaaS supplier sent out a tweet too soon (may be on purpose?)... They spoiled the launch party for next week. Can understand you had to respond to that ' news' without loosing 'control'

But hey it is great news for us simracers! Looking forward to the next article about GTR3 :thumbsup:

Latest News

Back