ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Nurburgring - Wednesday 8th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
At least that wasn't your fault, got a very good start and first lap, then in the last corner the guy in front went a bit wide so I tried on the inside but hit him, turned around and stood backwards in the middle of the corner - stupid move by myself. No way to move and finally got hit while the field went past, which knocked the car out. So apologies to everyone involved and especially whoever I hit there.
Yeah I feel like people need more attention to yellows. I know it is impossible to have 30 cars pass you when stationary on track, but I also see some people not giving a *bleep*.

46 Porsche and 114 Lexus - please please please respect blue flags. I had a cracking clean race with the top 5, inherited 2nd and was chuffed to bits until I got stuck behind you for half a lap then got caught up in your coming together at the chicane. I know everyone is in there own race but to get taken out on the last bend of the last lap is really crap. Congrats to the podium, enjoyed chasing my fellow Aston all race

Man that was a mess.

Had a surprise front collision with a Porsche early on (No blame, you don't end up backwards intentionally). Then my "Light damage at the front" gave me the flickering epilepsy causing headlamps in every braking zone, and the whole car felt a bit off. So to everyone who got annoyed by me constantly flashing you while chasing, it was just as annoying for me :cautious:

Other than that, there was a symphony of dive-bombing-overtakes and contact (not just on me, but on people in front and behind me too.). Not interested in calling out names, as it doesn't really change anything (and i don't remember any), but large parts of the race honestly felt like an open online lobby. A shame, as all the others has been really great.

Last edited:
Really good racing from most people. honestly i was really surprised with my pace today. managed to get pole with a 1:43.7 in quali which tbh was fairly amazing for me so i was extremely happy with that. managed to maintain the lead of the start and managed to start building a gap. all the backmarkers were really nice today and was able to easily get past most of them. so really happy with the win today and it was really nice to talk to all of you after the race and hopefully will see you all for the race at Barcelona on Saturday.

Last edited:
Yeah I feel like people need more attention to yellows. I know it is impossible to have 30 cars pass you when stationary on track, but I also see some people not giving a *bleep*.

It would help with a penalty thingie for overtaking under yellow flag. 99% of the time, yellow means someone is in the grass, and if you lift, the entire field just blasts past you. More often than not it's worth taking the risk of just continuing at your regular pace.
Then again a penalty system for this would probably be far to sensitive and just feel irregular and unfair.

Havent been online racing in a while due to work, broken wheelbase and building my first rig, but man was it great racing with you all tonight.

I qualified badly as not been on track for a while, think I started 27th but had some great battles, made a couple of mistakes on my own that caused me to drop away from the mid pack but I kept my foot in and managed to finish a respectable 12th.
Guy in 11th was always 14 seconds ahead and I couldn't catch him no matter what. Shame as without the mistake that possibly would have been an hour long battle as we were on the same pace.
Nice to be back online and thanks for a top notch evening of racing guys. Thank you @Ricoow for hosting too.

I was suprisingly in the 4th row for the start. The start was very good and also the 1st corner was clean so far.
Had a fight with @Bart Matyja but after 20 minutes it got a race on my own.
Nevertheless thanx for organizing to RD.
Well done. You had a bit more pace than me after about 10 minutes. I thought I would stay behind you and we'd pull away from the guys behind and maybe even catch the ones ahead but that didn't work. ;)

Best quali and race from me and I finish with an amazing P2. Phenomenal fight with Taplin, Tassenoy and Swan. Thank you guys for that. I was sweating like hell.
Same here, a Great race!! Kind of wish it had been a 2hr with pitstops, would love to have put a bit of strategy in there. Fuelled my car about 2 litres short in the end, so had to lift and coast in a low map the last two laps.

With the amount of drivers and familiar names, I was hoping to end up at the upper end of the teens, maybe 12th or 13th, but for some reason the lexus worked nicely this time. Happy with P3, should have been P2, but 3 of us had a slight 'detour' at the final turn, purely a racing incident though. I had got under Tassenoy on the exit of the final chicane, but done so pretty much on the apex as he ran a little wider. Not sure if he had a slide or tried to close the door a little without seeing me (as I was so close) but we made slight contact, but it was enough to send my car spinning down the island dividing the track and pitlane, then returning back to the track and hitting 2 cars :(
But it happens sometimes, nothing malicious, just bad timing!

Thanks for the race though guys, now its time to change to the Aston for a race I've got at the weekend..

1st touch was with M. Rudolf, he spun and could not avoid him and gained some light front damage. After that...
was gaining on pos. ahead slowly and fight was emerging, shame that after the one in front of me made an error and avoiding him caused me to spin...driving in no mans land after that and excitement and focus gone :) So pit in and alt f4 ... to bad was fun till then.
Sorry you were affected. Should have quit before, it just had to happen. Well...not gonna race for a while, I just can't drive anymore

46 Porsche and 114 Lexus - please please please respect blue flags. I had a cracking clean race with the top 5, inherited 2nd and was chuffed to bits until I got stuck behind you for half a lap then got caught up in your coming together at the chicane. I know everyone is in there own race but to get taken out on the last bend of the last lap is really crap. Congrats to the podium, enjoyed chasing my fellow Aston all race

I understand totally where your coming from, I realise just now that you were p2 trying to lap us! As I didn't see blue flags while battling Wright #46, I thought that the car behind him was, part of the battle and I was trying to keep position as it was last lap. Altough @Wright#46 I also have to appologize to you, as I should have told in voicechat earlier that my tank was almost empty.

I tought I was going to make it on map 3, but got surprised by the fact that in the last corner my gas paddle didn't react. It was my first club race, and it was so intense! Next time I'll take a better look at the fuel meter and try to do the math and i'll also try to find the time to cycle through the HUD to see who's coming up from behind.

All in all, I learned from it. Next time I will respect more how intense it is and try reach my objective of staying out of trouble.
I really liked racing with you guys!
Peace

Was the perfect storm though, in that corner if you're parked on the inside you have nowhere to go because of the wall and everyone coming has no way of seeing you until it is too late - and because it was the first lap everyone was trying to cover the inside - in reality you might have a marshall warning everyone, pointing cars to take a wide line, maybe that radar gadget could somehow be improved?

Anyway, many thanks for organising these races, RD, they have been my greatest simracing experience so far - see you on saturday!

I just don't know what I need to do to get a clean race in this game.

Qualified 16th, a second up on my previous best, so was buzzing for a great race. Game starts me from the pit lane - no penalties in qualy flagged, so no idea. Didnt even get a chance to move off the grid. No worries, as I am happy to race from the back.

But no, it puts me a lap down so any progress I make, I just get blue flagged every corner.

Same thing happened to me, I don’t know what went wrong, I did hit DRIVE!

For me it was even worse, you were at the end of the pitlane, I started from the very beginning...! I wasn’t too mad about until I realised I was automatically 1 lap down. Seriously? That’s just wrong and I hope there’s a fix for that. It sucks. I ended up leaving the race with 10-15 minutes to go, 3rd race in a row being a backmarker when I should be at least middle of the field. I was fed up with it and made more mistakes than usual.

On the bright side I was surprised to qualy 14th. I don’t like this track and I wasn’t expecting that result.

I first would like the winners for their race and amazing pace , both during race and qualification.

For the rest, I would have a lot to say, but I prefer not.
I am not at all happy of my evening yesterday, and as my goal in simracing is not to critic anybody specifically or describe specific situation, i prefer to keep that for myself.
If you have the replay and some time to lose; i was on the AMG Nr 7. You could have an idea by yourself.

The strict racing rules here at racedepartment seem to apply only for the first half of the field.
Starting at the back means is synonymous of weckfest , or if you prefer the rules are the ones of old arcade game.
"I am behind you, I push you immediately out of the track ; I fly out the track, I come back without paying any attention to the traffic, ..."
The racing golden rules are not respected by too much racers.

I am not perfect myself, but at least I try to respect the other drivers, the blue flags etc...
Of course I may make some mistakes, and I apologize if it happened.

I applied myself to finish the race, 24th and last on track at 3 laps , and in this condition it is not fun.
I probably won't come again to race in such condition, just because I don't want to practise and waiting with expectation the race for such a moment.

I love racedepartment, I love racing here, but in such condition it becomes slowly impossible for people like me.
It is a waste of time
I will probably race more on kunos CP servers. I will be destroyed, but there it is what has to be expected.

Once again congratulations to the winners , and to all racers who try to respect strictly the golden rules .

I will of course remain premium member, even if I don't race .
Racedepartment is a great place.

Have a good day, and of course stay healthy !

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%