ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Nurburgring - Wednesday 8th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
I first would like the winners for their race and amazing pace , both during race and qualification.

For the rest, I would have a lot to say, but I prefer not.
I am not at all happy of my evening yesterday, and as my goal in simracing is not to critic anybody specifically or describe specific situation, i prefer to keep that for myself.
If you have the replay and some time to lose; i was on the AMG Nr 7. You could have an idea by yourself.

The strict racing rules here at racedepartment seem to apply only for the first half of the field.
Starting at the back means is synonymous of weckfest , or if you prefer the rules are the ones of old arcade game.
"I am behind you, I push you immediately out of the track ; I fly out the track, I come back without paying any attention to the traffic, ..."
The racing golden rules are not respected by too much racers.

I am not perfect myself, but at least I try to respect the other drivers, the blue flags etc...
Of course I may make some mistakes, and I apologize if it happened.

I applied myself to finish the race, 24th and last on track at 3 laps , and in this condition it is not fun.
I probably won't come again to race in such condition, just because I don't want to practise and waiting with expectation the race for such a moment.

I love racedepartment, I love racing here, but in such condition it becomes slowly impossible for people like me.
It is a waste of time
I will probably race more on kunos CP servers. I will be destroyed, but there it is what has to be expected.

Once again congratulations to the winners , and to all racers who try to respect strictly the golden rules .

I will of course remain premium member, even if I don't race .
Racedepartment is a great place.

Have a good day, and of course stay healthy !

Usually we are all very correct here on RD. Yesterday was a rather special case, perhaps due to the track, which has great escape routes that allow you to completely cut curves and return to a kamikaze style. I hit a Porsche that had gone off the track and returned at least 2 times before the last collision with me. In the first or second lap, I had a small contact that made me turn but without damage, things that happen by competing. It will be better next time ..

Guy in 11th was always 14 seconds ahead and I couldn't catch him no matter what. Shame as without the mistake that possibly would have been an hour long battle as we were on the same pace.
@Ricoow for hosting too.
I was the guy in 11th. I was thinking the exact same thing! :D

My race was pretty lonely. Qualified in 12th (to my surprise), but I didn't have any race pace and I was driving so inconsistently (with some minor mistakes here and there). After lap 1 I was the last car of a train of cars when the guy in front of me spun exiting the last chicane. We touched, so I thought it was only fair I waited on him. This made me lose contact with the group up ahead and when he spun again a couple of laps later, I was in no man's land.

I must say I had no problems with any of the back markers. They all made passing them real easy for me.

But glad to have finally finished a race! :thumbsup:

Sorry you were affected. Should have quit before, it just had to happen. Well...not gonna race for a while, I just can't drive anymore

No problem man, happens to all of us.
And about your racing don't get frustrated just take a breather and get back in the seat !
I have been out for nearly 10 years, trust me I know frustration in terms of pace and consistancy it's hard to get back in form but I just enjoy all the battles I do have all be it not for podiums yet!

If you have the replay and some time to lose; i was on the AMG Nr 7. You could have an idea by yourself.

I had the time to lose, so i gave it a go, and it wasn't pleasant to look at. first bit of it had the same moments i was in (as you were right behind me). We had contact, causing us both to spin in T2 at one point. I'm very curious to know if you are annoyed with me because of this. I decided early on to just stick to the racing line, and avoid defending to keep out of trouble, instead focusing on consistency.

I felt like i gave you the space in T2, turning in later to give space for a car width, but i want to know if i was in the wrong here.

Don't worry, I am not at all annoyed with you, and not with someone especially.
I know that races at racedepartment are generally clean. This is why this is my prefered place to race when I find the time for.
I didn't look at the replay, and I as said I may be responsible myself in some case. But I can assured that I ALWAYS do my best to avoid incident.

Incident may happen during a race. This is race, and I have absolutely no problem with that.

I am more annoyed with some non respect of the basic rules described in the golden rules. , being careful reentering the track after an incident, not trying to pass in a kamikaze Style where it is "impossible" to pass, ....
In the back field, it occurs just to much. This is my opinion, and I Don't attend someone else to share it.
May I have to remember the the guy in front of another one has ALWAYS the right to keep is line without being ejected from the track or hitted from the back ?
If is not possible , then it is better for me to retire, because I know how to stay on the track and keep a line , but I am not the quickest guy.

My car have been destroyed after a collision with a car entering the track on the back straight.
I was a full speed, and there was an incident ahead. I thought the guy will wait and let us pass, but he choose to put his car completely cross the track.
What should I had to do, stop maybe ???
He probably didn't see me. But he should have.
I don't care who it was , and I have no problem with him.

Result ? Car destroyed for me (and probably for him too)
Repair during 2-3 minutes, start again at two laps.

I forgot an important thing.
Thanks a lot to the organisatoring team for such event.
A big respect from me for that .

No problem man, happens to all of us.
And about your racing don't get frustrated just take a breather and get back in the seat !
I have been out for nearly 10 years, trust me I know frustration in terms of pace and consistancy it's hard to get back in form but I just enjoy all the battles I do have all be it not for podiums yet!
Thanks mate, just getting frustrated that I do races on public servers the days before on the same track and I'm around a second faster per lap and here I can't get it together at all. Just when I thought my race pace was good and I can attack some guys in front of me I loose it in that corner :mad: just annoying for me and everyone who is affected.

@manu68
Well i agree with you on this for the race yesterday. During the race i remembered an iconic quote from Senna:
"“Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people and if you no longer go for a gap that exists you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing.”"

It's a great quote, but it feels like a lot of sim racers has this as their only goal while racing. Going for every gap imaginable, no matter if it's realistically doable or not. Without thinking of consequences. Cars coming from 2-3 seconds behind you into a corner sees you taking the racing line, realizes that there is a gap on the inside, and slams on the brakes incredibly late only to t-bone you onto the grass at the apex.

I alsmost had a race-ending incident as it got dark too, overtook a lapped car down the main straight, only to see them miss their braking point into T1 and come heading towards the rear of my car:confused: I was also at max braking, but somehow between us we managed to both shuffle our cars in opposite directions, thankfully they had the foresight to head to the outside of the turn, and I think we missed each other by a few mm. So well done that person for their avoidance skills!

The only thing I can say is that if severe incidents happen and we do not receive reports, we simply cannot do anything about it. We are not going to spectate the entire race or watch the replay for 38 cars.
If an incident occurs that got you upset, let it rest an evening, calm down and then (in a mature and friendly way) discuss this with the car involved. Tell him what you experienced, let him do his side of the story and then come to a learning point for both of you. If this doesn't work out, then take the steps as described in the reporting thread (link in main post).
Don't forget incidents can happen, mistakes are made easily and as long as we learn from them we all benefit.

Yesterday I was hit in lap 1 by somebody, and he came in a pm to me afterwards explaining what happened, how it felt like a slight touch to him, whilst my car was send spinning into 25 oncoming cars (believe me, that hurts your chances of winning). He was very very sorry (and was extra embarrassed by taking out an admin on his first race) and there was an opportunity for him to learn from this. That's what we are looking for and I feel like we as a community should put more effort into that, rather than just complaining that the race sucked.

The only thing I can say is that if severe incidents happen and we do not receive reports, we simply cannot do anything about it. We are not going to spectate the entire race or watch the replay for 38 cars.
If an incident occurs that got you upset, let it rest an evening, calm down and then (in a mature and friendly way) discuss this with the car involved. Tell him what you experienced, let him do his side of the story and then come to a learning point for both of you. If this doesn't work out, then take the steps as described in the reporting thread (link in main post).
Don't forget incidents can happen, mistakes are made easily and as long as we learn from them we all benefit.

Yesterday I was hit in lap 1 by somebody, and he came in a pm to me afterwards explaining what happened, how it felt like a slight touch to him, whilst my car was send spinning into 25 oncoming cars (believe me, that hurts your chances of winning). He was very very sorry (and was extra embarrassed by taking out an admin on his first race) and there was an opportunity for him to learn from this. That's what we are looking for and I feel like we as a community should put more effort into that, rather than just complaining that the race sucked.

Thanks Ricoow.
It is not my style to make any claim against anybody, and I will never do that.
And I will never say that "the race sucked". Again, the organisation is perfect , and I don't attend anybody to look at 38 cars replays.

Thanks a lot for what you make as club staff .
Keep going and enjoy your next race.

If anyone would like to watch my pole lap i have a hotlap video on my channel currently.

Thanks for posting, quite something to watch. I seem to have the correct line, but given that I missed almost three seconds to your time, I suspect I need to work on braking and acceleration quite a bit. :thumbsdown:

if anyone needs help with Barcelona i have another hotlap video on my channel.
Are the boatley gears that much shorter than the Audi gears? As I drive way different gears at nurbs ( and slightly different in barca) or am I just that much too slow that i can never reach those gears?

Edit: Your discord message sound from the barca vid really really got me.

Are the boatley gears that much shorter than the Audi gears? As I drive way different gears at nurbs ( and slightly different in barca) or am I just that much too slow that i can never reach those gears?

Edit: Your discord message sound from the barca vid really really got me.
Im not to sure tbh. the boat may have slightly shorter gears or it may just be my setup. sorry about the discord noise. ill make sure to turn my discord off when recording next time so it doesn't confuse people :p,

It's a great quote, but it feels like a lot of sim racers has this as their only goal while racing. Going for every gap imaginable, no matter if it's realistically doable or not. Without thinking of consequences.

It is also something Senna said when being a bit annoyed at Jackie Stewart about a question regarding Senna having more contact with other drivers in the last 3-4 years than other champions would've had in their whole careers. After playing a clip of a certain turn 1 Japanese GP incident between Senna and Prost.

It's a quote that has been used to justify whatever moves people make in real racing and virtual racing by attributing it to Senna and his legacy. While it in reality was used as a defense for taking out Prost.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%