ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Barcelona - Saturday 11th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
My godness P11 to P2 again and an amazing fight until the end for the win with McGregor and Matyja. I was feeling very bad about my pace today and decided to take it extra carefully. I wanted no mistakes and no damage. And it paid off. Bit of shame that the win was this close but I'm still extremely happy that I was even in contention for it.

Thanks Peter, or Mikolaj?! I had the most enjoyable battle of the race with you- and i had more than a few to pick!

Qualified poorly in 8th, got a bad start and fell further back. Got punted on lap 1 and ended up in the gravel. Fell to the back of the pack before rejoining. Worked my way through the traffic - most were clean and fair - and couldn't believe i was 7th after the pit-stops shook themselves out! Picked off the remaining cars and overtook Bart on the penultimate lap, despite a couple of hopeful lunges into the hairpin...

So, my race started off poorly, but ended up being one of my most enjoyable club races in over 11 years of RaceDepartment club racing.

Yes, I'm old.

Finally, does anyone have a copy of the full replay file? I've only got the last 75 minutes!

Cheers all, and congrats Peter & Bart on their podiums.

I know what you mean, limits are a bit ridiculous compared to other tracks here. I was warned before but it did not help me either. I got several warnings due to loosing the rear little and sliding not even being on throttle.

Yeah I had two track cut warnings during the race, felt a bit hard one by them. Wasn't a problem at all during practice or qualifying. Fortunately I managed to avoid getting a third.

What a :poop: lap 1 from my part. I took out two people on Lap 1 and feel so bad. I really need to concentrate more and be less greedy on the first lap. Sorry to Paul Glover and B. Kolma. In that occasion there, I totally missed the breaking point. Honestly, I feel like :poop: after this race. Really sorry guys.

Thanks Peter, or Mikolaj?! I had the most enjoyable battle of the race with you- and i had more than a few to pick!

Qualified poorly in 8th, got a bad start and fell further back. Got punted on lap 1 and ended up in the gravel. Fell to the back of the pack before rejoining. Worked my way through the traffic - most were clean and fair - and couldn't believe i was 7th after the pit-stops shook themselves out! Picked off the remaining cars and overtook Bart on the penultimate lap, despite a couple of hopeful lunges into the hairpin...

So, my race started off poorly, but ended up being one of my most enjoyable club races in over 11 years of RaceDepartment club racing.

Yes, I'm old.

Finally, does anyone have a copy of the full replay file? I've only got the last 75 minutes!

Cheers all, and congrats Peter & Bart on their podiums.

You have to hit save reply during the race, as the recording won't cover the whole thing. It should then be split into two.

What a :poop: lap 1 from my part. I took out two people on Lap 1 and feel so bad. I really need to concentrate more and be less greedy on the first lap. Sorry to Paul Glover and B. Kolma. In that occasion there, I totally missed the breaking point. Honestly, I feel like :poop: after this race. Really sorry guys.

Thanks for the apology.

A brilliant race, many thanks. Although I have to apologize to Ross for that punt in lap one, I had a brilliant start, wound up on the inside, hard on the brakes and suddenly had another Aston in front of me, I am very glad I didn't spoil the race for you, I alsways try to stay clean, sometimes things are happening way to fast for me, I believe...

Also thanks to Jensen for the last couple of laps! ;)

Sorry @Fernando Deutsch for the small touch at the end of the race :cry: I kept my line inside and you were closing the gap. But still waited for you, those races are for fun and I hate to ruin it.

No problem, I was struggling with a very damaged car and out of pace. Appreciate the gesture.

Had a good race start and was on a good race trim with the top 4. Unfortunately there was a collision in front of me at Elf Renault turn and I tried the most to pass through on the inside but was touched. Car was lightly damaged, but functional. Then a couple of mistakes put me a bit behind. Had another contact later and the car was more seriously affected. It was about 10 second pits repair so decided to gamble and not fix it. Had a good pit exit ahead of some drivers, but my car was very unstable under braking which was a nightmare in a couple of corners. Still good enough for a top 6 finish.

It was nice to race back again in RD

Last edited:
No problem, I was struggling with a very damaged car and out of pace. Appreciate the gesture.

Had a good race start and was on a good race trim with the top 4. Unfortunately there was a collision in front of me at Elf Renault turn and I tried the most to pass through on the inside but was touched. Car was lightly damaged, but functional. Then a couple of mistakes put me a bit behind. Had another contact later and the car was more seriously affected. It was about 10 second pits repair so decided to gamble and not fix it. Had a good pit exit ahead of some drivers, but my car was very unstable under braking which was a nightmare in a couple of corners. Still good enough for a top 6 finish.

It was nice to race back again in RD

Nice replay, cool too see the fight in front, too bad that incident happend. I had better pace that him but could not find a way too get past him. I thougt i took him in that corner but he came back and wee touch. Respect for him too wait for mee too come back on track again.

Nice replay, cool too see the fight in front, too bad that incident happend. I had better pace that him but could not find a way too get past him. I thougt i took him in that corner but he came back and wee touch. Respect for him too wait for mee too come back on track again.
First 15-20 Minutes were an absolute blast, many cars close together with similar pace, just great racing from everyone. I must have had a small contact with either you or @Geof in that incident, tried to avoid you guys aroud the outside but couldn't make enough room, sorry for that.

I must apologies to all in yesterday’s race, particularly to Paul. I didn’t realize until after that I was the one logged in to Teamspeak as “RaceDepartment”, and missed the poke Paul sent. I don’t know how I pulled that off, aside from being new to the tool. No excuses; I’ll keep an eye on my login name next time. Thanks for the great race!

A brilliant race, many thanks. Although I have to apologize to Ross for that punt in lap one, I had a brilliant start, wound up on the inside, hard on the brakes and suddenly had another Aston in front of me, I am very glad I didn't spoil the race for you, I alsways try to stay clean, sometimes things are happening way to fast for me, I believe...

Also thanks to Jensen for the last couple of laps! ;)

Thanks for the apology, but after punting me off you really should've waited for me.

Thanks for the apology, but after punting me off you really should've waited for me.

You are right, of course, but in the chaos of the first lap I did not want to risk slowing down and cause the next incident, when I realised you spun I tried to find out how far behind you were, a few laps later you appeared a few seconds behind me, so I prepared to let you by but then you went into the pits - I am very new to this, and since you didn't answer on voice chat I wasn't quite sure how to do this.

Latest News

Back