ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Barcelona - Saturday 11th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Finally had time to have a look at the footage, could anyone with more racing experience tell what to do in those situations (Peter Roche Racing has captured the incident in the first lap)? I am about three car lengths back before the braking zone, have to stay on the left because Umans Audi is to my right, and I go very hard over the kerb, trying to avoid contact. I did brake a bit late as far as I can tell but still manage to stay on the inside and when Ross takes the racing line - which he is entitled to do, don't get me wrong - I just run out of room. As much as I would have liked to avoid the whole thing in the first place I am struggling a bit with what to do instead in the future...apart from waiting, decided I should have done so eventually on the home straight, there would have been more than enough room there, so please accept my second apology for not following the rules!

Finally had time to have a look at the footage, could anyone with more racing experience tell what to do in those situations (Peter Roche Racing has captured the incident in the first lap)? I am about three car lengths back before the braking zone, have to stay on the left because Umans Audi is to my right, and I go very hard over the kerb, trying to avoid contact. I did brake a bit late as far as I can tell but still manage to stay on the inside and when Ross takes the racing line - which he is entitled to do, don't get me wrong - I just run out of room. As much as I would have liked to avoid the whole thing in the first place I am struggling a bit with what to do instead in the future...apart from waiting, decided I should have done so eventually on the home straight, there would have been more than enough room there, so please accept my second apology for not following the rules!
Watched it a couple of times but it's a bit hard to say with the footage as it's far away and partly blocked by the car. I guess there is not much you can do but be prepared to brake earlier or maybe tip the brake a little early and then let the car roll until you really have to brake which will give you a bit more space around you. I was before you (in the yellow McLaren) and started passing Ross on the corner before but did not get fully past him so I was already braking super late to squeeze by which probably made him brake a bit earlier and take a slower wide line around. It looks a little like you kinda followed my late braking point but hard to tell. So I guess you can just try to be more aware and careful on braking in the group of cars. Ricardo would have probably not been able to make a move on you since he had the outside, even if you'd braked earlier so there was little risk loosing a position. But it's a tough one for sure.
As for waiting, the hairpin towards the end of the lap has a lot of space on the outside which would be a safe place to wait in. But I agree, waiting on the wrong place might cause more irritation (been there, done it ;) ). It's tough when everyone is still close and fighting. Another option is going through the pits but you might loose too much time depending on how long the other car needs to recover.

I guess on lap one, when everyone is bunched together, focusing on the car in front rather than the one to the side is safer, as side to side contact is easier to handle than nose to tail. It’s easy to misjudge your braking point when you’re battling with someone though. I haven’t seen a proper replay either, but I think I braked earlier and you braked later, so the combination caused the accident, but you looked to be quite far behind before the corner.

Luckily I had a really enjoyable race in the end!

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%