AC GT Multiclass @ Bahrain - Sunday 20th March 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It's one of the tracks that leans heavier on the PC. I have 2 video presets for VR. VR low and very low, will likely be on the very low for this one. :) Turn down AC video settings - world details, mirrors, draw distance. I take fps priority over shiny things :geek:
I am getting a lot of stutter in VR. Purple spikes in the FPSvr frame monitor. No amount of lowering graphics seems to fix it.

@JoelK Joel
I'm REALLY rusty, but I'll see what I can do :D Going with my beloved GTR :)
I hope you join us on Discord. It's very handy in a multiclass to get or give directions to the other class car with overtaking. I guess that you already have read the split qualify and blue flag rules for our multiclass?

@Enzo Fazzi
Thank you Enzo, much appreciated.
I think it is still downloading.:roflmao::roflmao:
PS.
So happy about your newfound pace Tim and Stefan, and a one-up for the Z4.
I think it was Axel who raced with good results in the past, I'm am talking about years ago.
Always thought it was a lame duck, will have to change my name from Ernie Wright to Ernie Wrong.:roflmao::D:D:D
:)

Last edited:
Great race everybody, well done Enzo and Martin. I took a little knock in T4 and Stefan got a few seconds away which was a gap that gradually got bigger. ( great pace mate) Enzo seemed to be in my mirrors after just a few laps despite starting at the back. Inevitably got past and at this point I decided 3rd was my best shot and managed to hold that position. Thanks to the GT4s who made passing easy. Thanks Brian for organising, your file mainly fixed my stutter issues. No idea what changed as it mostly looked the same but it seemed to work. See you next week

@Enzo Fazzi
Thank you Enzo, much appreciated.
I think it is still downloading.:roflmao::roflmao:
PS.
So happy about your newfound pace Tim and Stefan, and a one-up for the Z4.
I think it was Axel who raced with good results in the past, I'm am talking about years ago.
Always thought it was a lame duck, will have to change my name from Ernie Wright to Ernie Wrong.:roflmao::D:D:D
:)
Thanks Ernie. It was looking a BMW party but it was spoilt by a green Lamborghini!

Had great fun on this track with the BMW!

The start was a bit chaotic, especially turn 1 and 2. I lost a lot of places there, trying to avoid all the crashes (and maybe being a little bit too careful/slow). After round 1 i was in 11th place, while i started from 7th. I managed to get to 9th place, behind David Jevons, halfway the race. He had the exact same racepace as myself, so i couldn't get any closer to him. Eventually i had to pit, because my fuel was running out. The pit went flawless and i went back on an empty track. The outlap was my fastest one and once i passed start/finish, i overtook David, who was pitting at that time.

Somewhere near the end, someone spun out (didn't see name) and i got my original 7th place back. I qualified 7th, started 7th and ended up 7th. Thats what i call consistency :p

It was a good clean race. Thanks for organizing ;)

Last edited:
Had great fun on this track with the BMW!

The start was a bit chaotic, especially turn 1 and 2. I lost a lot of places there, trying to avoid all the crashes (and maybe being a little bit too careful/slow). After round 1 i was in 11th place, while i started from 7th. I managed to get to 9th place, behind David Jevons, halfway the race. He had the exact same racepace as myself, so i couldn't get any closer to him. Eventually i had to pit, because my fuel was running out. The pit went flawless and i went back on an empty track. The outlap was my fastest one and once i passed start/finish, i overtook David, who was pitting at that time.

Somewhere near the end, someone spun out (didn't see name) and i got my original 7th place back. I qualified 7th, started 7th and ended up 7th. Thats what i call consistency :p

It was a good clean race. Thanks for organizing ;)
Great first run out in GT3. I know that feeling I started out here super cautious into first few corners and used to lose a lot of places. It's a fine balance, but you get to know who is around you on the grid after a while and who might send it if you go too easy :roflmao:

Disaster struck me. I had a really lucky start and got up 5 places even after a bad launch. Starting at the back is sometimes the safest place :). Unfortunatley, while in P2 behind martin, I lost the back of the car to a tank slapper in turn 11.5. There is a funny slippy bumpy bit on that left hand curve. Car painfully got stuck in the barrier. It teleported me straight to pits a lap or so down. :( Martin and Han had the pace today and lapped me anyway :)

Congrats to both podiums, Enzo and Martin. Looking forward to Thruxton now :)

Last edited:
Felt really good(and weird) getting behind the wheel after a 2year long hiatus, pace was slowly coming back to me every five or so laps, so gotta keep putting in them laps to get my consistency back :D

Good battles with @hape kept the race really interesting :D

@Interslice Thanks for organising, I'll definitely coming back to these events in the future !

After a little break it was good to race again. As I am not quite a fan of the Ginetta, I needed to take the chance to run on of my favorite tracks in the Z4.

As I decided very late to join the race, I only had a short test session on Saturday to see if I still know the track layout.
Made some small setup adjustments in todays practice, and was good to go. As my times in practice, quali and my best lap in the race were all 1:58.8xx I knew this will be as fast as I can get today.
Tims and Enzos time in practice already made me aim to maybe a 3rd place finish if I dont bend it.

Could patch together a decent lap in quali and had my very first pole in the races here. I knew Enzo wasnt giving it everything, but still happy about it. Dont know if it is just my feeling, but I always see the Z4 going slower from the start than other cars. Dont know if I make something wrong, but maybe someone can PM me a proper starting technique :whistling:
As Hapes 650s way flying closer behind me in T1 I could stay in front of Tim and managed to get a small gap. First time leading :D
The gap to Tim was more or less consistent in the first stint, but the moment Enzo made his move, I knew I will be next, even if I could smash out PB after PB. A small mistake in T10 and Enzo was gone. Might could have defended a lap or two, but with the traffic, I didnt wanted to lose time, as Tim still was a threat behind me.

Last couple of laps in the first stint, and at the beginning of the second one, I could stay in some contact to Enzo, but I just didnt had the pace to keep that gap. With the now more denser traffic, he got further and further ahead. At the same time I was noticing my gap to Tim was also getting larger and larger.
Without the immediate pressure from behind, I could focus on driving consistent lap times. Rest of the race then was more or less uneventful. Finished P2 which was better then I anticipated.
Really like this track, and it fits my driving style. So dont expect this to happen anytime soon again :D
All in all I just had one or two little hick-ups so I am very happy with the result. I think Bahrain also is a really good fit for multiclass as the wide track makes it more easy to overtake. I know I had one or two closer maneuvers, I was just surprised by the brake power of the Ginettas.

Pretty happy to finally see another Z4 getting put into great use and driving at the front!

Dont know if I can make it to the next GT3 races, as I am slowly preparing to move back to Germany from the US in Summer. And I have some projects to finish first and also deal with moving houses internationally :O_o:

Until next race!

Last edited:

Latest News

Back