AC Friday Night:Group C@Daytona, Fri 7th July 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
yep, summer temps are on the rise! if it makes any difference, the race takes place at night so maybe that will give you a psychological effect that things are not as hot. think of it as a warm summer evening at the track...:D
Haha, I thought to myself that it would not be night here during the race but I see now that the race is during night time :p What is up with those light posts though, the apexes are in the dark and the headlight of the long tail isn't worth much..

Not sure how performance will be for me as well in VR during the night. I'll try to hop in and see how that works, if performance is bad or it's too hot I'll quit.

Haha, I thought to myself that it would not be night here during the race but I see now that the race is during night time :p What is up with those light posts though, the apexes are in the dark and the headlight of the long tail isn't worth much..

Not sure how performance will be for me as well in VR during the night. I'll try to hop in and see how that works, if performance is bad or it's too hot I'll quit.
cool. sounds fair enough. VR at night sounds pretty sweet...

Great race guys, hope you all had fun. Nice job to last minute sign up and heat stroke suffering Laurent :D for taking 1st and to Robert and John rounding out the podium. Honorable mention to Ernie for incredible lap times but outstanding driving all around under very challenging conditions (what the hell was I thinking lol).

Sorry to @The Almighty Snark for spinning in front of you and big apology to @Twoddle for t-boning you! I tried to avoid but wasn't sure which way to go because there was a car bearing down on me... :confused:

Next week, special treat: RSS Endurance Pack cars at Sebring (sunset so everyone can see the track!). Hoping we can get more drivers on the grid each time. Also, open to track / car combo suggestions.
TGIF!

Ah I see, I was at boost 50% given that the one time I tried to up it on the practice server my engine start blowing itself up at a ridiculous speed! I only heard about engine damage being off when the race was about to start
In the future you can use the 1-9 keys to make boost 10-90% on. 0 turns boost to 100%. Mash that and go :cool: I had the engine blowing the whole race :redface:. I don't think the Mercedes or Porsche could run the full turbo in real life without actually blowing it up. Maybe if we do these again we can "BOP" them by using realistic boost %

Nice first event Dominic! A tough but fun combo. Could slowly chip away at Laurents pace, but in the end he held it together. Well done and well done to everyone else for surviving too :)

Looking forward to those rss cars (currently on sale) Have only driven them in practice, never in a race. Should be good!

See you all next race.

Last edited:
Thanks for organising tonight's race @dbx71 Dominic, really enjoyed that:thumbsup:

Congrats to @cerebralvortex Laurent for the win and @Alfred Wayne Robert for the podium, and to all for the fair racing:) And as Dominic says @Kek700 Ernie, that was a heck of a lap!:confused:

Race summary:
Chose the LT 'cos the ST is lost here.... the LT's too difficult for me:roflmao:
2 offs that were so bad I got paid for grass cutting.
Happy with strategy, not sure why I had 20ltrs left though:laugh:

Ha Ha, got a sense it was going to be a nightmare for me, night being the very word, could not see that much for some of the circuit. Got hit on the first lap by a C9 ( completely understood that hit ) :roflmao::roflmao: took about a minute of chugging to get going:roflmao::roflmao:
Managed a lot of lock ups, all at the worst time possible:(, so in the end I threw the towel in, but then decided to just buzz around on my own and try and enjoy myself, which I did.:thumbsup:

Well done Dominic for all your efforts.:):)

@Craig Dunkley I see you mate, cheeky rascal:p
Screenshot 2023-07-07 230046.jpg

Last edited:
Well done to all, not easy keeping these beasts on the track.
No one was more surprised than me to end up on pole but I knew it wouldn't last long, especially as I was on the wrong strategy and lost too much time changing the mediums at half distance.
I hadn't tried the hard tyres but will give them a go next time but I did have some nice side by side action with John and Robert on the banking.

Well done and thanks to Dominic for hosting your first event, it was fun and 45 minutes was enough for a Friday night.

Well done to all, not easy keeping these beasts on the track.
No one was more surprised than me to end up on pole but I knew it wouldn't last long, especially as I was on the wrong strategy and lost too much time changing the mediums at half distance.
I hadn't tried the hard tyres but will give them a go next time but I did have some nice side by side action with John and Robert on the banking.

Well done and thanks to Dominic for hosting your first event, it was fun and 45 minutes was enough for a Friday night.
Thanks Paul for taking part. Yes, I saw that you were tearing up the track, putting in some impressive lap times and thought for sure you would wind up on the podium. Although I must say, even after losing time with the tire change, ending up in 4th is not too shabby. Nicely done!

Looking forward to seeing you at the next one!

Bit of a late call joining but I didn't notice this race. I like the cars for sure and the night racing for a change although visibility was quite bad on some corners, luckily the track is very wide in those.

I took Ernie's setup and made the wrong changes I guess. I swapped the ARB settings the other way around. It made the car oversteer which was good on corner entry but not on power. That meant I wasn't confident pushing the car. It showed in qualifying where I did about 5 1:37.8 laps I think but had a delta of 3 or 4 tenths on each. I just wasn't able to pull a lap together.. Going into the race that wasn't great. Luckily I got in the lead due to spins in front. But after that I tried to manage the gap and not spin really. In the second to last lap I dropped a bit too much pace and Robert got very close in the end. Great pace from Robert though and also from Paul which quite surprised me, well done! Happy with the race, cars, track, night. Not so happy with my own pace, I didn't push all race long or I would have crashed.

Looking forward to racing the RSS endurance cars. I only tried them for a session when I bought them but they are amazing! I hope I can make it.

Thanks Dominic!

See ya

Latest News

Back