AC Friday Night:Group C@Daytona, Fri 7th July 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
At another, less high speed flowy track I'd say sprints I think, but personally, once I get lapping at Daytona, I just want to keep going, faster and faster :laugh: Plus theres good room for passing and blue flag racing. Just my 2 cents though. I'll probably regret this take immediately after spinning out on lap 1 or 2 or something :roflmao:

At another, less high speed flowy track I'd say sprints I think, but personally, once I get lapping at Daytona, I just want to keep going, faster and faster :laugh: Plus theres good room for passing and blue flag racing. Just my 2 cents though. I'll probably regret this take immediately after spinning out on lap 1 or 2 or something :roflmao:
lol. ok, let's just stick with original format all around. thanks for the feedback robert. yeah, i hear you, daytona is a fun track to just open it up to let the cars really stretch their legs...

Mentioned it in the GT-3 Sunday race thread, but RSS is running a sale currently. Not sure how long it'll last but the classic endurance pack you might run next week Dominic is 25% off at the moment. Good time to pick it up. Same with the GT pack that Brian has ran
Screenshot 2023-07-06 143908.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, even though there is a fairly significant time gap between lap times with the C9 vs the other cars, let's keep all the cars available for now, taking into consideration that the C9 (and LT) are more difficult to drive... Unless you guys think otherwise...

Also, what do you think about going with the 2 x 25 min race format like we did for yesterday's race at Monza?
Looking forward to your thoughts...
With low-ish numbers I think 2 sprints are best - spread over an hour or 45 mins leaves a small grid of potential lonely racers, wouldn't be a problem with a 20+ grid (imo). Still, great car choice!

Can I confirm start times? I'm working late Fri so will be a rush..... they seem different 'twixt the thread and Emperor (race starts 10 mins earlier on Emperor?):unsure: Sorry to be a pain:p
rd start times.jpg

rd times 2.jpg

Mentioned it in the GT-3 Sunday race thread, but RSS is running a sale currently. Not sure how long it'll last but the classic endurance pack you might run next week Dominic is 25% off at the moment. Good time to pick it up. Same with the GT pack that Brian has ranView attachment 677698
Thanks for posting this @Alfred Wayne . Yes, as of right now, next Friday's race will be run using these cars at another well-known track in Florida (not tough to guess, lol). These cars are real beauties - fantastic graphics, sounds and driving feel, and I would highly recommend picking them up! I might even go so far as to say I prefer the way they drive over the RSS GT or GT-M cars..

Definitely a good time to pick grab them up--you won't regret it. And hope to see you on Friday's!

Last edited:
With low-ish numbers I think 2 sprints are best - spread over an hour or 45 mins leaves a small grid of potential lonely racers, wouldn't be a problem with a 20+ grid (imo). Still, great car choice!

Can I confirm start times? I'm working late Fri so will be a rush..... they seem different 'twixt the thread and Emperor (race starts 10 mins earlier on Emperor?):unsure: Sorry to be a pain:p
View attachment 677733
View attachment 677734
I don't have a problem doing sprint format (2x25 mins) if others are okay with it. That might reduce runaway lapping of slower cars by those devilish C9s...

The times were supposed to be as per Emperor (quali and race starting on the hour) but, we can also push it back 15 or 30 mins (18:30 UTC) to give you a little more time to get settled in. I want as many ppl able to join as possible.

Personally i am not fussed about the car, i am much quicker in the C9, obviously, but I will still drive the 962 long tail.
I think the race is going to be difficult enough without day and night. If we have a day and night race , then choose a no chicane le mans.:)
@Kek700 I'm warming up to the LT, I'm thinking to go with that one as well.

You being one of the resident set up experts :D, if it's not too much to ask, would you mind taking a quick look at my setup and letting me know if I should do anything differently..? I mostly just messed around with gearing ratios, tire pressures, ride height. feels decent overall, but still a bit squirrely and prone to spinning around when too much gas is applied.

Attachments

• db_porscheLT_Daytona_RACE.ini
    1.2 KB · Views: 36
The times were supposed to be as per Emperor (quali and race starting on the hour) but, we can also push it back 15 or 30 mins (18:30 UTC) to give you a little more time to get settled in. I want as many ppl able to join as possible.
I should be OK for 8 or 10 past Dominic, though don't put it back any further on my account - thanks again:thumbsup:

As someone kindly pointed out the con’s of our tyre model recently, it has been a real insight to why I sometimes cannot get some cars to give me what I want, all these cars are a prime examples.
It is really a driver based car, and a very difficult one at that, there are no setups to advise, just ones that suit the driver.

Your setup is fine, if it has been derived from your experience.

I run more front end roll stiffness, i also make sure that there is less rear roll stiffness.
i have made some changes to your setup, very few as it turns out, just give it a go. I hold little hope that it will make any difference.:(

( basically it is the same as mine, setups are limited in this car anyway ) ( or should I say have little effect on it's behaviour ):O_o:

Attachments

• db_porscheLT_Daytona_RACE.ini
    1.2 KB · Views: 35
I should be OK for 8 or 10 past Dominic, though don't put it back any further on my account - thanks again:thumbsup:
@HF2000 Hi Han, can you please add 10 mins to qualify time (25 mins total) so we have the following race format:

18:00 UTC 45 mins Practice
18:45 UTC 25 Mins Quali
19:10 UTC 45 Mins Race

Thanks! We'll stick with a single 45 min race for this week, since we're still figuring that out.

Last edited:
@HF2000 Hi Han, can you please add 10 mins to qualify time (25 mins total) so we have the following race format:

18:00 UTC 45 mins Practice
18:45 UTC 25 Mins Quali
19:10 UTC 45 Mins Race

Thanks! We'll stick with a single 45 min race for this week, since we're still figuring that out.
Done. Stopped and restarted looping practice because I don't know if that required to make the changes effective.

I will be joining but unsure how long i can stay or even if i can make the start of the race.
No worries, Jason. Thanks for letting me know. Appreciate your participation either way. You're killing it with lap times in that C9. This should be an interesting race...

Latest News

Back