Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1688150898235.png

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Classic Group C under the lights at Daytona
This race takes us back to Florida for some high-speed night action at the Daytona Superspeedway featuring the beautiful but ferocious Group C cars from the late 80s and early 90s.

We hope to make this the first in a series of weekly nighttime races, at tracks featuring night lighting. Cars will change for each event, open to suggestions / requests.

Please note, this event requires Sol and CSP installed and activated.

We hope to see you on the grid!
This event will be hosted by Dominic Ballerino!

1688150811785.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/028087f0-1903-429b-b3fe-afb399fb89f4?server=5 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 6 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 45 minutes - Official Practice
  • 20:50 CET, 19:50 BST (18:50 UTC) | 15 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:10 CET, 20:10 BST (19:10 UTC) | 45 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

• Cars:
    • Mazda 787B
    • Mercedes C9
    • Porsche 962 Longtail
    • Porsche 962 Shorttail
  • Track: Daytone Road Course 2017, USA https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/daytona-2017.14277/
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: mandatory, at least 1 liter of fuel.

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
My first time hosting, please go easy on me guys and bear with me.

Since I'm still pretty much in the 'total noob' category, I welcome your input on the cars, their performance, and if any application of BOPs is needed. I tried driving them all myself, and with my limited skills seemed to get pretty close lap times from each...

In any event, I know most of you guys have WAY more experience with simracing than I do, and value your suggestions and feedback.

I look forward to seeing you on the track, hope you can make it!

My first time hosting, please go easy on me guys and bear with me.

Since I'm still pretty much in the 'total noob' category, I welcome your input on the cars, their performance, and if any application of BOPs is needed. I tried driving them all myself, and with my limited skills seemed to get pretty close lap times from each...

In any event, I know most of you guys have WAY more experience with simracing than I do, and value your suggestions and feedback.

I look forward to seeing you on the track, hope you can make it!
Our experience with the Group C cars is that it very much depends on the track. The C9 and the Longtail are fastest on track with long straights.

Our experience with the Group C cars is that it very much depends on the track. The C9 and the Longtail are fastest on track with long straights.
I did notice that. The 787B was pretty nimble through the turns, but the long tails and C9 would catch up quickly on the straights.

When I tried driving the C9 or longtail I really struggled to get them through the turns. Maybe I need to work on my set-ups for those or just get used to driving them... I found them pretty twitchy...

I will try to make it Dominic, depends on what else is on during the week but I'm happy to support new initiatives and this sounds like it's right up my Strasse.:D
I usually go for the Mazda but will give the Porsche a run out this time.
Thanks Paul. Appreciate the support. I realize many folks make plans to go out on Fridays, and that's why I asked Han to make it a shorter than usual format (45 Min P, 15 min Q, and 45 min Race).

I hope we can get a decent turn out. For the following week, I'm thinking the RSS Endurance Pack cars for another night race. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
interesting cars, I think I will now struggle with them, the race will tell, especially as I have raced here before.
And have all the data, but I can remember it pretty well without.
The fastest is the C9, this is virtually unbeatable every where, except short circuits like brands.
The C9 is very tricky to race with, but if you can keep it on the circuit, it is unbeatable, you will just not be able to over take it in any of the cars. yes I do mean very difficult with very long braking distance. ( assuming there are no aids, as factory )
The 962 long tail is next fastest, but again difficult to control it, not as bad as the C9, and braking distance is improved.
The next is the 962 short tale, all you have to do is think of it as a very fast GT3 car without any assists, probably the fastest car, apart from very long straights. Even so still a very quick car, in the right hands where an alien can extract every ounce, virtually unbeatable, as I said before apart from le mans and a expertly driven C9.
The Mazda, that is the slowest, can be driven quickly, but if we had a field of aliens i would put them all in the Mazda. Would they win, probably, but it would be very difficult for them.
Still not as easy to drive as the 962 short tail, I would put them all on ABS, but I think that would upset the apple cart. Every on would end up in the C9???:)

interesting cars, I think I will now struggle with them, the race will tell, especially as I have raced here before.
And have all the data, but I can remember it pretty well without.
The fastest is the C9, this is virtually unbeatable every where, except short circuits like brands.
The C9 is very tricky to race with, but if you can keep it on the circuit, it is unbeatable, you will just not be able to over take it in any of the cars. yes I do mean very difficult with very long braking distance. ( assuming there are no aids, as factory )
The 962 long tail is next fastest, but again difficult to control it, not as bad as the C9, and braking distance is improved.
The next is the 962 short tale, all you have to do is think of it as a very fast GT3 car without any assists, probably the fastest car, apart from very long straights. Even so still a very quick car, in the right hands where an alien can extract every ounce, virtually unbeatable, as I said before apart from le mans and a expertly driven C9.
The Mazda, that is the slowest, can be driven quickly, but if we had a field of aliens i would put them all in the Mazda. Would they win, probably, but it would be very difficult for them.
Still not as easy to drive as the 962 short tail, I would put them all on ABS, but I think that would upset the apple cart. Every on would end up in the C9???:)
Thanks for this very thorough feedback Ernie. Generally speaking, I'm in agreement with you about the overall performance of these cars.

I found that the C9 had the highest top speeds but couldn't get it to stop to save my life or maneuver easily through the turns so frankly I gave up on that one. Maybe in the right hands, this one could do circles around the other cars as you say.

The 962 Long Tail, for me was similar to the C9. high top speed but not at all easy to handle through turns. I put that one aside too.

The 962 Short Tail, now we're talking... This one seemed to be fast and easy to drive, although I had a problem with early downshifts causing the car to spin around... Also, it seems very bouncy on the straights... I guess I need to work on the setup. I can work with this one though...

The Mazda 787B, I kept coming back to this one. Seemed nimble through the turns, very responsive and way easier to drive that the C9 or Long Tail... Although I'm torn between this one and the Short Tail, I think I'm leaning more towards staying with the 787.

Do you guys think we should make all these cars available, or just make it a single car event? Interested to hear what others think about this...

Spot on Dominic, but you will find the 962 short tail has it, maybe the set up needs some tweaks.
I have the setup somewhere, will try and find it. ( this is the car I drove here in 2019 )
The fun is in racing all the cars, someone like me that does not have the pace of the fast guys can get some of that back with a faster car.
I have asummed most if the faster drivers will go for the short tail.:)

let's lock these cars in for friday 07/14. i'll even let you guys pick the track, so long as we can run a night race there.
Sebring! (any classic US track really:inlove:) Good luck with the Fridays Dominic, really hope to join when possible:thumbsup:

Do you guys think we should make all these cars available, or just make it a single car event? Interested to hear what others think about this...
Definitely all the cars! - @Kek700 Ernie described them perfectly, though he's too damn quick in the LT Porsche:roflmao:

For Daytona, if I can make it, I'd go for the LT for a good position chance, or the ST for the amazing feel and fun that it is, most other tracks defo the ST (tried them tonight, almost forgot what incredible fun they are:D)

EDIT: Question I've always had.... if you drive the LT (and I think the Merc) on 90% boost or over, you get an engine warning throughout the lap, I wonder if these cars lose power during the race:unsure:

Last edited:
Was wondering the same thing John. I ignored it during some driving just now, but not sure. If I remember correctly, last years f1 liger races, the engine was "damaging itself" the whole race, yet with hans damage settings we were good.

As for car choices, I just took some laps in the C9. I'm about 2-4s faster than the long tail and short tail, but for every few laps I get in clean, I have an off that costs me 5-10s. My racing team went through a few test drivers to get the time I have now :cry::roflmao: So I'd say leave them all, free of BOP? To reduce the C9 (and Long tail to a degree) seems to reduce the purpose of those rocket ships :laugh: Having a short tail only race sometime in the future could be fun though, a little more beginner friendly to group c :coffee:

I don't know if I'll take it, as the Short tail, while slower, is such a smooth drive, at least compared to the others :)

Last edited:
Was wondering the same thing John. I ignored it during some driving just now, but not sure. If I remember correctly, last years f1 liger races, the engine was "damaging itself" the whole race, yet with hans damage settings we were good.

As for car choices, I just took some laps in the C9. I'm about 2-4s faster than the long tail and short tail, but for every few laps I get in clean, I have an off that costs me 5-10s. My racing team went through a few test drivers to get the time I have now :cry::roflmao: So I'd say leave them all, free of BOP? To reduce the C9 (and Long tail to a degree) seems to reduce the purpose of those rocket ships :laugh: Having a short tail only race sometime in the future could be fun though, a little more beginner friendly to group c :coffee:

I don't know if I'll take it, as the Short tail, while slower, is such a smooth drive, at least compared to the others :)
Summed up perfectly Robert:inlove:

Latest News

Back